X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

That doesn't seem to be the one he's referring to.
    Right, now that I re-read it he is referring to (fins) vertical stabs. Interested to see that video for sure.

Comment

• Does anyone know when the Mig 29 will be back in Stock at motionrc?

Comment

• Our Dear Leader “Laughing Kim” finally took to the skies! The battery position and ending elevator trim are shown in the photos. Elevator “up” is similar to that shown in the manual, even though CG was 5-10mm aft of the mark. Batteries were Admiral 6S 5000mAh, 732g each. Canopy interior was carved out as shown to make room for the front battery.

Throws on A,E,R,F were similar to the first row in the manual (low-rates), except my aileron throw was even lower, at 32.5mm vs. the manual’s 38mm. This was sufficient to do a lazy roll. Expo was 32% on everything.

Overall the flights were uneventful. It flies and lands very easily. This is my first delta-wing, and I did notice that it “slides” a bit in turns. And the low moment of inertial about the roll axis is noticeable, although with my low aileron throws it was far from being “twitchy.” I guess it could be quite a corkscrew at high speeds and high throws.

I did not notice trim change with flap, but only used mid-flap (about 22mm). It floated a lot more than I expected on landing. Anyway, maybe next time I’ll get a little crazier, but today I was happy to just get it trimmed out and back home with my man Kim still smiling .

Oh, and of course the Dear Leader shot down 387 enemy planes. Then he landed, and after lunch designed a bridge, then attended the performance of an opera he composed. Long live Laughing Kim!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201114_135235.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	285890Click image for larger version

Name:	20201114_135614.jpg
Views:	670
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	285891Click image for larger version

Name:	20201114_135951.jpg
Views:	671
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	285892Click image for larger version

Name:	20201114_091443.jpg
Views:	669
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	285893Click image for larger version

Name:	20201114_102628.jpg
Views:	662
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	285895Click image for larger version

Name:	20201114_110613.jpg
Views:	675
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	285894

Comment

• Originally posted by leithalweapon View Post
          You should fly yours, it really does fly well.
          I will of course fly mine, once I have reinforced the weak parts accordingly.

Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post
          This is my first delta-wing
          Tailed-delta to be a bit more specific. Pure delta wings fly much different. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jet jocky View Post
            Can anyone tell me what the yellow bars mean under the members box on some of the members?
            The bars under a Member's name have to do with the regular frequency that the person visits this forum. XViper and some others are "veterans" with over 3000 posts and replies. Some folks joined a long time ago and haven't visited on a daily or weekly basis....

Comment

• OK the You tube video is on You Tube and was put on 6 days ago by a person called Fredmdbud .I not much use on linking videos but if you watch it you will see the two fins collapse before it crashes

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
                OK the You tube video is on You Tube and was put on 6 days ago by a person called Fredmdbud .I not much use on linking videos but if you watch it you will see the two fins collapse before it crashes
                That is the video I posted the link too, not sure what you are watching but the fins wobble they don’t collapse.

Comment

• After flight #2. What to make of it??

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post
                    When you flex it, do you see a crack? Did you land it particularly hard or hit a bump or hole during the roll?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                      When you flex it, do you see a crack? Did you land it particularly hard or hit a bump or hole during the roll?
                      It did this before the maiden flight also and no cracks observed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
                        OK the You tube video is on You Tube and was put on 6 days ago by a person called Fredmdbud .I not much use on linking videos but if you watch it you will see the two fins collapse before it crashes
                        I think you mistake fins (vertical stabs) for horizontal stabs.

Comment

• That video (mshagg's) needs to corrected for fish-eye (wide-angle view)

Comment

• For all those wondering..... IT WILL DO A INVERTED FLAT SPIN...and it will do it well...Pat and justin saw it..my friend john got video. Hoping he'll post ot soon

Comment

• Anyone have any idea when the TV nozzles are supposed to be available?

Comment

• I had this out at the club on a Saturday morning, which is the busy period - I typically fly mid week when it's otherwise unattended. So the first time most had seen one.

In a club culture which is geared heavily towards scratch builds, balsa and gas (and by virtue of this, a tendency to look down in foam) - this is one of two planes which garners interest and positive comments (the other is the AL37 which I have painted up as our national airline).

"Who makes it? Freewing? Never heard of them"
                                "Wow foamies have come a long way!"
                                "Looks great in the air, wouldn't know it was foam"
                                "Sound great, and I usually hate EDFs"

Tough crowd but the mig certainly wins them over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Corsair nut View Post
                                  For all those wondering..... IT WILL DO A INVERTED FLAT SPIN...and it will do it well...Pat and justin saw it..my friend john got video. Hoping he'll post ot soon
                                  The thing about inverted flat spins is stopping them. I've had several planes that would lock in and would take 2 - 3 turns to exit the spin.

Comment

• I’m getting ready for it , 3D printer spitting out ordinance one after one, much to choose ... paint ready,decals ready,afterburners ready ,i’m ready too!

Attached Files

Comment

• The fall is a bit of a sad time of year here in Norway, knowing full well that winter is about to set a stop to our hobby for a few months. But it also delivers some pretty spectacular days, some with bright red and yellow colors, and like here, fog floating over the fields like wisps of smoke. Almost like a Japanese painting.

Probably among the last flights of this year, before the mig goes back in the workshop to TV and other upgrades. This is just slow, graceful floating around in the fog - if you want fast action, look elsewhere :P

Thanks to Johan for filming

Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Thanks guy’s for liking the post, here a little pic of what will be . I think will be look ok , going russian scheme ..
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post
                                          The fall is a bit of a sad time of year here in Norway, knowing full well that winter is about to set a stop to our hobby for a few months. But it also delivers some pretty spectacular days, some with bright red and yellow colors, and like here, fog floating over the fields like wisps of smoke. Almost like a Japanese painting.

Probably among the last flights of this year, before the mig goes back in the workshop to TV and other upgrades. This is just slow, graceful floating around in the fog - if you want fast action, look elsewhere :P

Thanks to Johan for filming

I loved the video, thats the way I enjoy flying. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                          X