Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks man! Much appreciated. Ive been wanting to dust my a4 off and do a proper blue angels. Full refinish with maximum smoothness. Maybe fullgear doors too

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3984.JPG
Views:	1300
Size:	236.6 KB
ID:	237227

Getting ready for a few flights after the weather clears a bit...
      Fantastic job on the livery Hardway. Greetings from New Zealand !!

Comment

• Perhaps I should enter this in the contest, A4 with fuel tanks and missiles attached.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Monty500 Thank you Sir!!! Greetings & Blessings from Texas!! Jerry

Comment

• Brinka You bet!!! Great job!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brinka View Post
              Perhaps I should enter this in the contest, A4 with fuel tanks and missiles attached.
              BK, Nothing beats a failure, but a try, my friend. Just do it. Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Brinka Please do!
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Greetings Pilots,
                  I just picked up a used one, it's a little ruff, hoping if flies well, if so I will probably purchase new wings as these have been repaired, are missing the ordinance and the mounting points. I've downloaded the current manual from MRC's site, but reading through this forum there seems to be a lot of discussion about the what the CG should be and it's starting point. I will be flying a Zippy 4500 6S pack that weighs 725g slightly less than the Admiral 5000 most of you all are using at 732g. I have it pushed all the way forward and it seems to balance fine at the documented location and a little forward of that. Am I safe starting at this location for the maiden or should I add some weight to the nose to balance it further forward?
                  Also is anyone using the recommended throws for high and low rates?
                  Thanks in advance,
                  Santa

Comment

• Originally posted by santanig5 View Post
                    Greetings Pilots, Santa
                    S5, Welcome to Hobby Squawk. glad you're on board, Sir. Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Greetings Pilots,
                      I just picked up a used one, it's a little ruff, hoping if flies well, if so I will probably purchase new wings as these have been repaired, are missing the ordinance and the mounting points. I've downloaded the current manual from MRC's site, but reading through this forum there seems to be a lot of discussion about the what the CG should be and it's starting point. I will be flying a Zippy 4500 6S pack that weighs 725g slightly less than the Admiral 5000 most of you all are using at 732g. I have it pushed all the way forward and it seems to balance fine at the documented location and a little forward of that. Am I safe starting at this location for the maiden or should I add some weight to the nose to balance it further forward?
                      Thanks in advance,
                      Santa
                      Hey Santa. The A-4 seems to be happiest riding the forward setting on the CG. Don’t over do that, but it will fly safely there. The control throw settings stated in the manual are a little aggressive. I think you’ll find at least a few references to “drill bit” roll rates if you search through the thread. Try the low rate settings, you’ll be at a good start point. It’s my favorite jet. Enjoy!

Comment

Am I safe starting at this location for the maiden or should I add some weight to the nose to balance it further forward?
                        Thanks in advance,
                        Santa
                        This guy does an excellent review including telling you where to set your throws, expo and such.

The all new Freewing A-4 Skyhawk is here, and in this video we will show you all our setup tips and hints along with a fantstic flight review, flown by Yoda....

EAA# 1366802
                        AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

Comment

• Anybody remove the nose weight? I don't have time to read through the 116 pages, so thought I'd ask...
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                            Anybody remove the nose weight? I don't have time to read through the 116 pages, so thought I'd ask...
                            I have not.

EAA# 1366802
                            AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by CVA59 View Post

I have not.
                              I just did obviously, I've heard this birds power system described as being efficient, but my experience has been the opposite. So looking forward to hooking up two 4200mah 6s in parallel to get some decent flight times on her.

Comment

• Builds finished I am using a 5000 admiral the cg is right about were the back end of the factory recommended cg with the gear down I added about an ounce and a quarter it's about a quarter inch forward of the back end mark watching you tube videos I see it proposing up on landings and leaping off the ground on take off I'll try another batt first and if that doesn't work I'll add more weight to get it about a half inch forward of the cg mark

This one's got me nervous

70 percent hight rates aerolines 80 on elevator

Mids 65 aero

Low is 60

Any input?

Thanks in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnyrabuse View Post
                                  Builds finished I am using a 5000 admiral the cg is right about were the back end of the factory recommended cg with the gear down I added about an ounce and a quarter it's about a quarter inch forward of the back end mark watching you tube videos I see it proposing up on landings and leaping off the ground on take off I'll try another batt first and if that doesn't work I'll add more weight to get it about a half inch forward of the cg mark

This one's got me nervous

70 percent hight rates aerolines 80 on elevator

Mids 65 aero

Low is 60

Any input?

Thanks in advance
                                  Reduce your ailerons to 50/45/40 and use at least 35% expo.. You'll thank me later.
                                  Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• I had my throws set to the book low settings and the ailerons were still too sensitive. Herb at RCG posted these numbers and after I set mine up the same it is a delight to fly.

Ail.
                                    +- 10mm

Elev.
                                    +-20mm

Rudder
                                    +- 15mm

Flaps
                                    18mm 28mm

Comment

• Nose weight removed, I'm flying her with a hrb 6s 6000mah 50c, it fits snug as a bug against the back bulkhead and gives me perfect CG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                        Bogietrim When is your maiden of your awesome Aggressor?
                                        Sorry, I took a bit of a break from the forums. Just getting caught up here. Maiden was months ago and went perfectly! She’s a sweetheart and has quickly become my go to jet. I think it flies better with the 6000mah battery. The added weight just makes it a little more solid. I will try to get some video up soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post

I just did obviously, I've heard this birds power system described as being efficient, but my experience has been the opposite. So looking forward to hooking up two 4200mah 6s in parallel to get some decent flight times on her.
                                          I have been using the Admiral 6000’s right at the rear edge of the battery tray. It flies great with authority and I am getting well over 4 minutes of spirited flight landing with reserve left in the tank.

Comment

Working...
                                          X