Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• little pig looks great, looking forward to seeing the women's air force version as well
    rc flyin addict

Comment

• What a BUMMER, I used an older 5000 battery it checked out OK, all 4 cells where good, the takeoff roll was good after rotating and starting to climb one of the cells must have gone bad the plane lost power stalled rolled over and went in. When a 8 lb. plain crashes there is nothing sava:-/ble

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Bilyjo View Post
        What a BUMMER, I used an older 5000 battery it checked out OK, all 4 cells where good, the takeoff roll was good after rotating and starting to climb one of the cells must have gone bad the plane lost power stalled rolled over and went in. When a 8 lb. plain crashes there is nothing sava:-/ble
        Sorry to hear about your loss. My deepest condolences.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
          TS, sorry to see your Blue Nose P-51 in that shape. I'm glad to hear that your P-38 only needs a center section to be flying again. Call me on Monday and I'll see what I can do to brighten your day, since you are the first P-38 casualty.
          Called a couple of times, and left a few messages on here too...still no response..though that was on Monday and Tuesday..Im guessing you dont check your messages...went ahead and ordered the part though. Thanks anyway
          www.TSHobbies.com
          Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
            Here's a few photos of Evelyn's P-38J in the 'Factory Fresh' scheme to pay tribute to the Women's Airforce Service Pilots.

I still need to rack the gear, add the Robart wheels, tail numbers, female pilot figure, wire antenna and final details. I did not add the engine inlet screen, since the real 38's did not have them. Once complete, I'll get going on my allied green "special" scheme.
            Love the factory fresh tribute to Women's Airforce Service Pilots! How cool! However, I beg to differ on the engine inlet screens... ;)

My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• sorry for the loss CB, loss of power in a plane of this size and weight cannot be good
              rc flyin addict

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20160407_125129.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	37667 motion shipped same day, 2nd day priority mail :D:D:D:D, struts are in :o)
                rc flyin addict

Comment

• Hi there gang, Just got my pacific silver p-38 and starting the build. I have been following this thread for awhile to get a feel for it. Wow, what a wonderful amount of really helpful information by all the contributors! I particularly appreciate all the ideas on "tricking out" this model. Speaking of contributing, I did some research on wheel sizes for the real P-38. The nose wheel is 27 inches in diameter and the mains are approximately 37 inches. At the scale of this kit that works out to 2 1/4" on the nose wheel and 3" on the mains mas o menos. I,m going to order these sizes in the robart scale wheels and see how that works. I love having the wheel collars hidden on these wheels. Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.frankenjet View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]n37667[/ATTACH] motion shipped same day, 2nd day priority mail :D:D:D:D, struts are in :o)
                    I noticed on Motion's website that this item is "out of stock"............ya think that all of us doing the gear mods on our birds has flooded the demand....??? :p

Comment

• THX mr. frankenjet

Woody

Comment

• I got the Robart 3" mains and 2.75" nose done today, I did have to trim a little. Be sure to test right side up as well, that's when I found they didn't clear.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160407_225429344_iOS.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	37695

Name:	20160407_225437806_iOS.jpg
Views:	543
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	37696

Name:	20160407_225419697_iOS.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	37697

Name:	20160407_225547696_iOS.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	874.9 KB
ID:	37698
                        TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Maidened her this morning. I can now say that this is one spectacular product. It flies great. It sounds great. Power is more than adequate and can do easy, relaxed loops from level flight. It has "presence". The retracts are robust and can handle the lumps and bumps of my horrible grass field.
                          Recap ................. My P-38 is all stock except for replacing the main tires with 1450mm FMS P-51 mains. Nose gear is one of the stock P-38 mains. I fly it on twin 3000mah, 4s, Turnigy Blue 30-40C or twin 3600mah, 4s, 50C Admiral Pro. Surprisingly, pushed all the way back in the tray, going from one battery to the other, only 1 click of ELE trim is required. Flying inverted required only minor "down" ELE to stay level.
                          Here is the video of my second flight. The landing would have been perfect except for that nasty hole about 1/2 way down the runway. The maiden was actually a near perfect landing. View in full screen and HD to see the plane better.

1600mm Flightline P-38 by Freewing. Flown on twin 3000mah, 4s and can be flown on twin 3600mah, 4s. Main tires are 1450mm FMS P-51 mains. Nose tire is one...

Comment

• xviper2, glad to hear of your successful maiden and the results with the Turnigy batteries. I've got a pair of Turnigy 3300mah 60C's coming so I'll give those a go once I get my plane some time in May.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                              Maidened her this morning. I can now say that this is one spectacular product. It flies great. It sounds great. Power is more than adequate and can do easy, relaxed loops from level flight. It has "presence". The retracts are robust and can handle the lumps and bumps of my horrible grass field.
                              Recap ................. My P-38 is all stock except for replacing the main tires with 1450mm FMS P-51 mains. Nose gear is one of the stock P-38 mains. I fly it on twin 3000mah, 4s, Turnigy Blue 30-40C or twin 3600mah, 4s, 50C Admiral Pro. Surprisingly, pushed all the way back in the tray, going from one battery to the other, only 1 click of ELE trim is required. Flying inverted required only minor "down" ELE to stay level.
                              Here is the video of my second flight. The landing would have been perfect except for that nasty hole about 1/2 way down the runway. The maiden was actually a near perfect landing. View in full screen and HD to see the plane better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2Po...ature=youtu.be

Awesome flight and what a nice place to fly.
                              TiredIron Aviation
                              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Those 60C bats should give plenty of go power. I found even with the 3600's, with the recommended 4mm of UP ELE, I had to use some down trim on the maiden to level it out - maybe 5 to 6 clicks, so not a real big deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Awesome flight and what a nice place to fly.
                                  Hehe, I just wish there weren't so many filled in gopher holes.

Comment

• xviper2, congrats on the maiden! Funny, that bounce on the second flight landing is exactly what I deal with at my club's field when I do fly there. Just peaks and valley's that can drive a man nuts especially when the takeoff roll or landing roll out is otherwise nice. Good job!
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                      xviper2, congrats on the maiden! Funny, that bounce on the second flight landing is exactly what I deal with at my club's field when I do fly there. Just peaks and valley's that can drive a man nuts especially when the takeoff roll or landing roll out is otherwise nice. Good job!
                                      I'm delighted to know that the gear on this plane can take such "abuse". My old FMS P-38 would have folded the nose gear back on that one. Hopefully, I won't hit that same spot again.

Comment

• Grats viper. Nice one mate. :)

Comment

• Thanks, Shirty. I hope you guys down under will get yours before too long.

Comment

Working...
                                          X