Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree, as there have been times I actually needed some sooner than later and wasn't willing to wait for the shipping since I was flying the next day. Having a local source can be a good thing, especially in a rush. Below is a link to Hobby Lobby's 40% off coupon that expires Oct. 1st, but they usually post another after that with a renewed expiration date.

Comment

• RE: Hobby Lobby coupon. If you get the Hobby Lobby app, you get the 40%-off-one-item coupon each week on the app. I didn't know that Hobby Lobby stocked Foam Tac. I will snag another bottle or two, the next time I go in there.
      ---
      Warbirder

Comment

• I have the Hobby Lobby, Jo-Ann's, and Michaels apps on my phone and use a coupon every time I go in. ;)
        Pat

Comment

• That's the nice part about the coupon, is there is no need to print it out. They just look at it on your phone and type in the appropriate number code on the coupon into their system for the discount. Woohoo :D!

Comment

• Interesting. I use Foam-Tac when I don't want the expanding qualities of Gorilla Glue or when I'm reinstalling a control. Other than that, its White Gorilla glue. I also use a water atomizer to wet the other piece when using G Glue, it works great as an excellerent. But, again, its what works for you, both products will get you back in the air again,as I've learned from personal experience!!

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• +1 on foam tac, on epo especially if outperforms everything. It's like the contact cement the kits come with on steroids. Foam tac and gorilla glue my go to glues.
              rc flyin addict

Comment

• Oh my, what a fantastic piece of work. Makes me bow my head in shame that I cannot do something like this. I did manage to upgrade the retracts on my F4U, V1 using the P 40B retracts. These work great for this modification. I also up graded the motor with the same one in the P40B. What a difference with the motor and a Hobby Wing 100 ESC. I already had the Aspire sound system in place. The guys at the field cannot believe the realism now. It no wounder these retracts are often out of stock. I have an extra pair for future modifications.

Comment

• Originally posted by BadBob View Post
                  I just discovered something I didn't notice before with the nose gear. I was putting on the new Dubro low bounce tire and see that my nose gear assy. has more than an acceptable amount of slop. I took it out again and checked the set screws, hoping I missed the flat spot, but no, that isn't the cause as the whole assembly has this play in it as you can see in the video. I'm going to have to disassemble the whole unit again and see what's causing this. Video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af_M...ature=youtu.be
                  I found a solution to the slop in the strut. At least the Nose gear. I inserted a 3mm "e-clip" under the steering arm and there's no more slop. It's a bit stiff, so I put a drop of oil from my electric razor under the steering arm and into the top of the trunnion. Seems to be OK. Now I'll try this on the mains. I found an, "e-clip"package at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. It has 1.5mm and up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160928_205508.jpg
Views:	518
Size:	817.8 KB
ID:	49408
                  Last edited by BadBob; Sep 29, 2016, 11:14 PM. Reason: Add photo
                  Bob Duncan

The only real helicopter is the CH-47 Chinook. The rest are just sling loads!

Comment

• I just had my first flight with the FlightlineRC suspension struts from Motion. Two thumbs way way up for functionality and look. The struts don't compress when the plane is in ready to fly condition (two 3600mah 4S LiPo's), and take just enough pressure on the airframe to compress them. As I taxi over large bumps and/or uneven surface, I can see them compress a bit to soften the load. The landings are even easier than before, and it settles in nicely. I went around to try additional landings that were more rough to see the difference compared to the stock stiff wire struts in regards to bouncing, and the suspension struts helped with that as well. So, they're absolutely worth the price and effort to install for not just functionality, but the looks department improves drastically as well. In addition, the weight didn't shift at all in my case, so my battery placement remains identical, which is good because I can't move them back any further. LOL. As a side note, I added the fuel tanks and took a flight to analyze any trim changes, and the nose pitches down with them installed, so some elevator trim was needed to correct (about 4 clicks for me), and a tad bit of additional left roll was occurring as well, so I trimmed that out.

Also, instead of posting pictures and information on the suspension strut install all over again, it's already posted from a week ago on RCgroups (linked below):
                    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=5389
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks T-Cat for the review and the install info on the FlightlineRC struts. You sold me on getting them.
                      Of course now that I am ready to pull the trigger they are Sold Out again. Oh well, did the email when back In Stock thing.
                      Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.
                      R. A. Heinlein

Comment

• You're welcome :). I think you'll love the FlightlineRC suspension struts. The compression rate of the springs are just right (opinion obviously). The additional weight is marginal with a plane this size and with a wing span it has that it goes unnoticed. They look great, perform great, and are fairly priced. Clearly they did their homework when engineering these. There are some little things like I mention in the review during installation of the nose struts that were overlooked from a design standpoint (maybe it was just mine, but doubtful), and then it would have been nice to go even more scale with main gear T-links instead of straight eleos, but that stuff is nothing major by any means.

Comment

• T-CAT, your post in RCGroups about the struts was excellent!! :) Here's mine installed.
                          Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                          Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Thanks Lon. Man, those struts are looking awesome! Did you just install them, or have you had a chance to try them out yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                              Thanks Lon. Man, those struts are looking awesome! Did you just install them, or have you had a chance to try them out yet?
                              Installed them last week. Did two flights with them late yesterday. I'm very happy with them. Did a few touch and goes, and if I may say so myself, greased a couple landings :)
                              Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                              Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Excellenttttttttt ;). I love it when a plane mod. comes together. Ha-ha

Comment

• I finished painting my wheels (that came with the suspension struts) silver today to get rid of the white color that stands out way too much on this plane. It is no doubt a better look, and the paint went on thick so it only took a couple coats to get full coverage. Once it dries and I get a chance to get it out into the sun, or for another flight soon, I will try to remember to take some pictures.

Comment

• What an improvement, now it looks like it should and sounds like the handling is much improved, I wonder if V2 will come with those as stock?

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

I finished painting my wheels (that came with the suspension struts) silver today to get rid of the white color that stands out way too much on this plane. It is no doubt a better look, and the paint went on thick so it only took a couple coats to get full coverage. Once it dries and I get a chance to get it out into the sun, or for another flight soon, I will try to remember to take some pictures.
                                      See the P-38, #162 at Chino, CA. This plane is used to tour with the USAF "Heritage flight" with the F-35 Lightning II.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...verlay&first=1
                                      Bob Duncan

Comment

• That's actually the exact plane I was basing my wheel painting off of :). The silver doesn't stand out as much and mends well with the strut color thankfully. It's definitely the look I was hoping for, which is a bit more subdued and traditional.

Comment

That's actually the exact plane I was basing my wheel painting off of :). The silver doesn't stand out as much and mends well with the strut color thankfully. It's definitely the look I was hoping for, which is a bit more subdued and traditional.
                                          You might like this. Taken from the Luke AFB, AZ. airshow this last April.

Bob Duncan

Comment

Working...
                                          X