Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I asked in chat for an updated ETA, and Ed offered that it may be up to three more weeks yet. The container is at the port, but the contents need to be moved to the warehouse, etc. So it is looking like more of a fall model.

Comment

Originally posted by Atrix View Post
      I asked in chat for an updated ETA, and Ed offered that it may be up to three more weeks yet. The container is at the port, but the contents need to be moved to the warehouse, etc. So it is looking like more of a fall model.
      Well finally it comes to someone asking them about it to get an update...Thank you Atrix for letting us know.. I understand the shipping logistics are hard to speculate what goes on.. but the last 2 weeks and they said nothing..

Comment

Anyone know where the battery hatch on this plane is? Is the front windshield/hatch removed, or the clear panel between the wings, or what? I'd like to know how accessible it is.

Comment

Hola Rzing, por lo que se aprecia en las fotos, esta en la escotilla delantera y el acceso es muy cómodo.

Comment

Bison XT is up for order! Got mine :)

Comment

Atrix beat me to it! Get'em while their hot: https://www.motionrc.com/products/sk...8-wingspan-pnp

Comment

Product video: https://youtu.be/y6O3URxQzGk

Comment

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know some requirements you might not have that you will need. The inflatable tires come with hubs and rubber wheels unassembled. I used Bob Smith Tire Glue off amazon to glue the hubs to the tires.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tire glue.png
Views:	799
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	325096

Then you will also need a standard air pump needle you would use for any sports ball:

Name:	needle.jfif
Views:	796
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	325097

Name:	IMG_20210920_151736.jpg
Views:	959
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	325095

Comment

Awesome! Great to see that the aircraft is now available. I hope people have been ordering the Bison as soon as they noticed it was available .

Comment

Has anyone considered adding 2 more small servos for the slats so that you can do full span ailerons without the slats and butterfly flaps with the slats?

Comment

Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Sorry for the delay, the container was in Chicago for the last 4 weeks stuck in US Customs. They flagged the container for a random inspection and then told us their warehouse was overfilled and they did not have time to inspect it. Never heard of that before. That caused a 3 week delay while we waited with no information and no ETA. Frustrating! At least it is here now and we're super excited about it! Thanks to everyone who ordered already.

Comment

Tom is right, among all the craziness associated with international overseas container shipments in the current era, we had never heard nor encountered a random 3 week delay in Chicago.

Thankfully, they're here, and they're shipping.
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Tom, Alpha. I ordered mine today, what a long strange trip to get here

Looking forward to the floats in time

Comment

Also, here is a digital copy of the manual for the Bison Save the trees! (that you'll be bushwhacking in your new Bisons)

Bison XT STOL - Assembly Guide - 7.1.2021
                                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Atrix View Post
                                  Nice vid! I loved the one wheel touch-n-go 😁

I am new to STOL, I am curious about the leading edge slats. The flap servo appears to push the slats up at the rear edge? The 1/4 scale Seagull Savage Shock Cub has the near exact same slat actuation and from what I have seen and read, this does nothing for the boundary layer but kills lift and acts as an air brake.... am I incorrect? The little bit of research I have done says the gap at the trailing edge of the slats should be narrow allowing air to flow over the top wing surface, lifting the trailing edge of the flaps seems to do nothing but disturb the air flow creating disturbance over the boundary layer, which is counter-productive for STOL?
                                  Don't get me wrong, I'm waiting for solid layman's video reviews to come forth, the price point and accessories and size makes this STOL Bison a very attractive temptation, but the slats may not be as functional as they should be, perhaps they should be actuated forward rather than up?
                                  I dunno, until we see some real STOL landings, can someone please educate me? ☺

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                    Also, here is a digital copy of the manual for the Bison Save the trees! (that you'll be bushwhacking in your new Bisons)

Bison XT STOL - Assembly Guide - 7.1.2021
                                    Thanks. Just unbox and manual is missing. Looking good so far.

Comment

Ordered mine this afternoon when I did my hourly check to see if it was available lol. Anyone know if this has a modeled dashboard?

Comment

I would love to order one of these, I already have the motionrc 4s F-22 70mm F-35 80mm A-10 and the AL37 on its way by slow boat from China, but motionrc are quoting me $550 AUD for the plane and another $578 AUD for delivery and being on an Australian disability pension I just can't afford it, so looks like I just keep saving the rest of the money needed to buy the parts required to build my DIY C-130 seeing as no manufacturer wants to release one with a 3.5mt wingspan

Comment

Hey AussieHoppy where will you be buying yours if you do go ahead, see my comment above re freight also you start by talking about the slats but then call them the flaps. I agree that the gap between the front of the FLAPS and the rear of the wing should be as small as possible, but the gap between the front SLAT and the leading edge of the wing is designed so that the flow over the slat joins up and sits on top of the airflow that goes under the slate and over the wing leading edge, see from the 3 minute mark of this youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgncesRfqho ,also have a look next time your in a Qantas or Virgin jet taking off or landing, there is NO gap between the flaps and the trailing edge of wing and a reasonable gap between front SLATS and leading edge of wing. it is designed to give an almost second wing worth of lift due to two layers of air having to travel faster than the air under the wing
                                          Last edited by Bazza; Sep 21, 2021, 07:22 AM. Reason: added youtube

Comment

Working...
                                          X