Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The type of plastic in those molds is not the type that will polish out... Very unfortunate. You can cut out the "inserts" and use some plexiglass bonded some way to the areas that have channels but I can't think of much else. And the plexiglass still needs good bonding as it will still be load bearing.

How much of that dash is functional, it looks great.

Comment

• Yea I’ll probably just leave it alone. Can still see just not as clear. Only the voltage meter is functional. The garmin gps has two led lights behind it, but all just for a little immersion.

Comment

• Does anyone know if there would be any issue running a lion battery in the bison?

Comment

• Does anyone have advice to fix a Warp wing
          can’t seem to get it trim,any ideas
          Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Denc23@comcast.net View Post
            Click image for larger version

Name:	image_75610.jpg
Views:	797
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	327802 You only disconnect the red wire on the throttle ch3 if you power the receiver with a external BEC. If you use the ubec to power the lights you just install a red jst connector to connect to original lead from esc for the light controller, and remove the ubec out put connector, usually s servo type connector to Rx, and install the correct jst connector to light controller. I’ll post a picture of mine later. Make sure your UBEC will take 22v input. Mine goes to 26v. Then set the output jumper to 6v, or what ever the out is. Mine is 5v or 6v. Lower right connector from esc, middle to the right of ubec goes to light controller.
            Wired up the UBEC as you posted, the light controller now is no where near as hot as it was without the UBEC installed. Thanks for the helpful instructions, much appreciated.
            I filled out a ticket from MRC, response was "when they get the part in, it will be shipped".
            My tires have held air for three days, that's a good thing
            Permanently installed wing lights, two sided tape not to my liking.
            Working on a few more improvements, hope to get some air under the wings soon........... New releases can be a challenge!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Starck Mad View Post
              For those of you having issues with the Bison on 4s...we did an update video after our original review showing how to get the most power on 4s...we found a very good way to maximize the 4s power set up. Check out the video for testing and flights on Model AV8R on Youtube. You'll want to see it but the short answer is use a APC 17 x 10E prop on 4s. We show all our testing to show its safe and effective in the video.
              I did an amp check with 4s and 16x10 prop- got 27.7 amps. Very little thrust. Then used the same prop with 6s and got 50 amps (ESC rated for 80) and pulls great. Will try that next flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt G View Post

I did an amp check with 4s and 16x10 prop- got 27.7 amps. Very little thrust. Then used the same prop with 6s and got 50 amps (ESC rated for 80) and pulls great. Will try that next flight.
                We got 710 watts at 45 amps with a 17 x 10e prop on 4s...not a 16 x 10. You may want to get your watt meter calibrated...we have 2 to compare readings so we know they are reading correctly. We got 29.82 amps with the stock 16 x 8 4s prop...a 16 x 10 should pull more amps than a 16 x 8...not less. Your reading of 27.7 doesn't sound right, and the 6s reading is way off. We pulled 45 amps on 6s with the stock 15 x 8...a 16 x 10 on 6s will pull way more than 50 amps. Keep in mind as well...yes...the ESC is rated for 80 amps, but the motor may not be, and Motion warns against using the stock 4s prop that comes with the Bison on 6s...its a 16 x 8. If thats too much for the motor...then a 16 x 10 on 6s is as well. Please watch the video...just trying to help. In it you can see the testing and read the meter for yourself. We also show you the 6s readings. Hope this helps.
                Big time propeller head
                Love flying scale and 3D
                Currently building a GP SE5A

Comment

• Originally posted by 2much2do View Post
                  Anyone know how long it should take for a review posted to MotionRC to be visible? I posted one about 2.5 hours ago, I wouldn't expect them to be suppressing reviews.
                  Did they ever post your review? I did one a week ago and they haven't shown mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyinTime View Post

Did they ever post your review? I did one a week ago and they haven't shown mine.
                    Nope, never posted.

Comment

• Wow, pretty sad when a company sorts out what reviews they will post.

Comment

• Like anything else, spambots litter our review process which is manually handled. The main thing we check for with the reviews is to confirm that the review came from someone who actually purchased the product from us. But then also some write reviews prior to getting help from our CS team if there was an issue (i.e. part not working out the box, but then we replace it but bad review written prior) etc.

But either way, it's not immediate. It's manual and we don't have someone whose sole job is to handle our reviews all day long. They get reviewed as fast as they can. But that takes time as we have 10,000 products on the site so it's a lot to cover

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post
                          Like anything else, spambots litter our review process which is manually handled. The main thing we check for with the reviews is to confirm that the review came from someone who actually purchased the product from us. But then also some write reviews prior to getting help from our CS team if there was an issue (i.e. part not working out the box, but then we replace it but bad review written prior) etc.

But either way, it's not immediate. It's manual and we don't have someone whose sole job is to handle our reviews all day long. They get reviewed as fast as they can. But that takes time as we have 10,000 products on the site so it's a lot to cover
                          Ok James, In fairness I talked with Motion this morning and they asked for pictures of the wreckage along with information. I immediately went out and took pictures and gave them info. We will see how things go. I may have jumped the gun on my review, sorry if I did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starck Mad View Post

We got 710 watts at 45 amps with a 17 x 10e prop on 4s...not a 16 x 10. You may want to get your watt meter calibrated...we have 2 to compare readings so we know they are reading correctly. We got 29.82 amps with the stock 16 x 8 4s prop...a 16 x 10 should pull more amps than a 16 x 8...not less. Your reading of 27.7 doesn't sound right, and the 6s reading is way off. We pulled 45 amps on 6s with the stock 15 x 8...a 16 x 10 on 6s will pull way more than 50 amps. Keep in mind as well...yes...the ESC is rated for 80 amps, but the motor may not be, and Motion warns against using the stock 4s prop that comes with the Bison on 6s...its a 16 x 8. If thats too much for the motor...then a 16 x 10 on 6s is as well. Please watch the video...just trying to help. In it you can see the testing and read the meter for yourself. We also show you the 6s readings. Hope this helps.
                            Well today was beautiful and just the opportunity to try out my props and get some real numbers. ESC was recalibrated .All three flights were 8 mins and the results were:
                            1. 15x8 APC prop on 6s x 5000 measured 42 A and landed with 33%. Performance was good.
                            2. 16x10 APC prop on 4s x 5000 measured 32 A and landed with 50%. Performance was subdued but good for pattern work and touch and goes.
                            3. 16x10 APC prop on 6s x 5000 measured 62 A and landed with 35%. Performance was very lively.

My preference is the 16x10 on 6s for spirited performance . If you only have 4s that's fine as the plane will still fly ok.
                            (checked the motor after landing and was barely warm)

PS - the spinner would not fit with the 17x10 APC so i did not use that prop

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt G View Post

Well today was beautiful and just the opportunity to try out my props and get some real numbers. ESC was recalibrated .All three flights were 8 mins and the results were:
                              1. 15x8 APC prop on 6s x 5000 measured 42 A and landed with 33%. Performance was good.
                              2. 16x10 APC prop on 4s x 5000 measured 32 A and landed with 50%. Performance was subdued but good for pattern work and touch and goes.
                              3. 16x10 APC prop on 6s x 5000 measured 62 A and landed with 35%. Performance was very lively.

My preference is the 16x10 on 6s for spirited performance . If you only have 4s that's fine as the plane will still fly ok.
                              (checked the motor after landing and was barely warm)

PS - the spinner would not fit with the 17x10 APC so i did not use that prop
                              Those amp numbers sound a lot more accurate than the numbers you got before. Hopefully the 16 x 10 on 6s won't harm your motor over time. It will unload a bit in flight from what it reads on the bench. And yes...the spinner will not fit with the 17 x 10 (It could with a little Dremel work). I left it off for the testing as I was changing props out a lot. I only did the testing to help the 4s guys find a better solution to get more power...had some subscribers ask. I use 3700 and 4000 6s packs with the stock prop (15 x 8). More power than I need for what I'm doing with it. 4s with the 17 x 10 would actually be perfect for my scale STOL flying, but I have a lot more 6s packs. I will say I still have the spinner off...kind of like the tougher look of it. Anyway good luck with your set up and happy flying!
                              Big time propeller head
                              Love flying scale and 3D
                              Currently building a GP SE5A

Comment

• Is it realistic to think the Bison will ever be available in Europe. I've been patiently waiting for months now.

Comment

• It's on the way Tabdy. I wish I had an exact date for you but worldwide shipping issues have made that pretty impossible

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post
                                    It's on the way Tabdy. I wish I had an exact date for you but worldwide shipping issues have made that pretty impossible
                                    Many thanks.

Comment

• Just getting back to the Bison. I think I finally have the tires holding air.

Next issue, the spinner plate doesn't fit the shaft. Easy enough to drill out, but should not be necessary for this class of airplane.

Comment

• Maidened mine today. Nice flyer. I've really toned down the slats so they barely crack and for now I'm going to keep them coupled with the flaps.

It needed a ton of up with a 6s 3200 all the way back.

The tires are still a PIA. I will be replacing them.

Prior advice is dead on about power on landing. It will drop like a stone unexpectedly with power off.

I flew with 16x10 prop due to our altitude.

Comment

• I've today received an email from Motion RC Europe to say Bison now in stock but going to the website to order one it still says its coming soon! What's happening. Is it available at long last or not.

Comment

Working...
                                          X