Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s interesting, if you measure the CG from the leading edge of the wing and mark it at 57mm, it is the same spot if you measure back 70mm from the front of the slats. I think when the manual says “behind this line” they mean wing leading edge

Comment

• Originally posted by Remberin3 View Post
      Just got mine today. I noticed that the windows look like they have overspray on them and the very top one looks like someone dropped CA on it. Also there are not enough y harnesses to plug all the lights in. Also the esc was disconnected from the motor, and just laying loose in the battery tray.. Was anyone else's like this or did I get one that was returned by someone.
      Same issues on mine, looks like a drop of CA same spot.. Click image for larger version

Name:	20211003_105520.jpg
Views:	675
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	326451

Comment

• Originally posted by gerbilstrom View Post

Same issues on mine, looks like a drop of CA same spot.. Click image for larger version  Name:	20211003_105520.jpg Views:	0 Size:	28.9 KB ID:	326451
        I don't think thats ca fellas. Same thing on all of them I've seen...its the point of injection (for the plastic) of the window molds. Also for anybody that wants to polish them for fpv...use automotive polishing compound, a soft cloth, and low pressure.
        Big time propeller head
        Love flying scale and 3D
        Currently building a GP SE5A

Comment

• Anyone have a diagram or tips for the lights? Does the black and white signal plug go to my rx for switch use? I have two power wires coming from the tail and don’t know where they go. Apologies in advance, I’ve never messed with nav lights before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Warlox View Post
            Anyone have a diagram or tips for the lights? Does the black and white signal plug go to my rx for switch use? I have two power wires coming from the tail and don’t know where they go. Apologies in advance, I’ve never messed with nav lights before.
            Yes i put black and white into a spare channel, it turns the nav/beacons on and off. Definitely do not run full 6s voltage into the controller though, lots have damaged them. I stepped it down to 6v before the controller and i get unlimited runtime.

Comment

• Thank you. And for the two sets of wires coming from the tail? I plan on running 4s with the 17x10e prop on my bison. I’m using it for fpv and want scale handling. Hoping to not have the heat issues experienced with 6s

Comment

• Originally posted by Warlox View Post
                Thank you. And for the two sets of wires coming from the tail? I plan on running 4s with the 17x10e prop on my bison. I’m using it for fpv and want scale handling. Hoping to not have the heat issues experienced with 6s
                Those 2 just run off rx voltage

Comment

• Have you, or anyone, tried polishing the side (or top) windows on this? My assumption is it's not the type of plastic that will polish out to decent optical clarity.

Comment

• Anyone know how long it should take for a review posted to MotionRC to be visible? I posted one about 2.5 hours ago, I wouldn't expect them to be suppressing reviews.

Comment

• Seems like a couple days. I have had reviews, even good ones not show up.

Comment

• I hooked b/w wire to RX, black on ground, white in signal, lights flash, switch does nothing , reversed lead, lights now on study, nav lights and side lights on fuse, switch still does nothing. On gear ch. Removed jst connector from esc to light controller and connected to a 600mah 2s battery, 7.4 volts. Don’t know why they didn’t just use the 5v from esc instead of the full 22v and 18v from pack?? Runs a lot cooler but runs battery down pretty fast, one flight probably, will test a 1300mah 2s when I get connector changed to jst. Maybe use a external BEC like some did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denc23@comcast.net View Post
                          I hooked b/w wire to RX, black on ground, white in signal, lights flash, switch does nothing , reversed lead, lights now on study, nav lights and side lights on fuse, switch still does nothing. On gear ch. Removed jst connector from esc to light controller and connected to a 600mah 2s battery, 7.4 volts. Don’t know why they didn’t just use the 5v from esc instead of the full 22v and 18v from pack?? Runs a lot cooler but runs battery down pretty fast, one flight probably, will test a 1300mah 2s when I get connector changed to jst. Maybe use a external BEC like some did.
                          Mine turns on and off with an RC channel, 1000us PWM turns it off and 2000us PWM turns it on.

Comment

• Added a Turnigy external BEC, will take up to 26v input, set it for 6v output. Will update how it works, but looks good so far. Plane almost ready to maiden. One tire leaking air from valve stem. Plugged with solid rod, will see how that works over night. Disabled slats. Removed linkages, tightened up screws on hinges so they won’t move. Hopefully done with issues.

Comment

• Ok, so my replacement strut finally arrived....in a package that was clearly stepped on.

And wouldn't you know it the damaged side was the right side...the one I needed.

Luckily I was able to grab the tube from my original wrong strut and complete the aircraft.

While this wasn't Motions fault. It made me even more frustrated that i had had to wait for this shipment.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• OK First Flight, loosing light, and was pretty short, but with several take-offs and landings.

Take-offs and landings were pretty straight forward for a tail wheel, just gotta remember to fly it while you are on the ground.

I needed quite a lot of up-trim as mentioned by some others, I think that unfortunately the wing or tail incidence might be a bit off. Once I finally tamed that out, and got my flap-elevator compensation dialed in correctly I was able to make some really nice landings and take-offs. I didn't get to try tip camber yet, I noticed that I was running out of elevator with the flaps out, so we will see how that goes, I have to say that it surprises me a bit.

Man, rudder makes this plane do some funny things. If you stay coordinated its a kitten, but man I think this will snap really hard if you don't.

Take-off flaps popped it into the air really quickly, and full-flap landings could be done quite nicely, although I admit that the the shocks got a work-out on an early landing, but survived just fine. My little carbon TW extension broke, but that's OK, I'm not putting it back.

Aileron to rudder, aileron differential, and full wing camber will come next.

Comment

• For those of you having light controller over-heating issues, I installed UBEC in between the ESC and the light controller and all is well now. See attached photo. Using 6S5000 battery.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1645.JPG
Views:	802
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	326833

Comment

• Did maiden +1 today on Bison, all went perfect. Coupe clicks up elevator. I did the tail wheel horn spacing and lube, worked great actually will need to reduce rudder throw, turned too sharp. The lights worked great with external BEC set for 6v output with 6s flight battery. 6:30 flights with 4000mah 6s battery, 50% left after mostly 3/4 throttle flights.

Comment

• Hey all I've been assembling my bison xt I'm have trouble getting the wing strut to fit to the fuselage I have both struts in the right positions. It almost seems like the struts are a bit long. Any advice or tips would be much appreciated thanks!!

Comment

• Many of us have received two right side struts. Check the orientation of the connection to the fuselage

Comment

• Ok I will check that. Another thing the esc I've checked all possible locations in the battery hatch area and there really is no good place to mount it I was thinking to just strap it down with the battery probably not be a good idea esc would probly over heat.thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X