Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After looking into the wing strut issue the piece the piece that connects to the fuse the right side was on the left strut and vice versa!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20211015_032945294.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	327298
      Originally posted by JT83 View Post
      Ok I will check that. Another thing the esc I've checked all possible locations in the battery hatch area and there really is no good place to mount it I was thinking to just strap it down with the battery probably not be a good idea esc would probly over heat.thanks!!
      There is a slot just below the motor mount where I routed the motor wires and placed the esc.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Alright I'll give that a try thanks bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
          Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20211015_032945294.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	327298

There is a slot just below the motor mount where I routed the motor wires and placed the esc.
          Can you post an inside view please?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by SEWERFLY View Post

Can you post an inside view please?
              Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20211017_000655970.jpg
Views:	579
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	327428

Comment

• I got the Bison several weeks ago assembling it at a friends house so it is taking more time than it should. Overall I really like the the kit, instructions fairly good. My only concern or problem was the screw assortment quality, however, this a an RC standard issue with almost all kits, the Philips screws strip out long before you bottom the screw. The supplied screwdriver also chips out from use. Right now I am making a list of screw sizes and I am going to order the socket drive screws, a whole bunch of them so I will not have this problem again. Looking forward to completing this kit and get it into the air.

Comment

• Right now I am making a list of screw sizes and I am going to order the socket drive screws, a whole bunch of them so I will not have this problem again.

I noticed that too and had a few extra socket head screws to replace the ones in the wing and also the tail wheel
                  if you could share your list and where you get them I would like to order a few Thanks

Comment

• I tried the 4s set up today and was a complete fail after having a great 2nd flight sun night on 6s. 4s has no bite. After take off it was just a battle to not stall out. Could not climb gain hardly any altitude. Winds were out of the south at 5 to 7 mph which I fly in all the time in my next of the woods. I had a AR8360T rx in her which I must say has never failed me once love spektrum. Anyone else having underpowered issues with the 4s setup? Was using a 5200ma 4s 35c gens ace lipo by the way!

Comment

• Originally posted by JT83 View Post
                      I tried the 4s set up today and was a complete fail after having a great 2nd flight sun night on 6s. 4s has no bite. After take off it was just a battle to not stall out. Could not climb gain hardly any altitude. Winds were out of the south at 5 to 7 mph which I fly in all the time in my next of the woods. I had a AR8360T rx in her which I must say has never failed me once love spektrum. Anyone else having underpowered issues with the 4s setup? Was using a 5200ma 4s 35c gens ace lipo by the way!
                      Well today was my maiden on mine. I don't know if I had a bad motor or ESC but mine was underpowered to the point of stall after stall with full throttle. Mine is a total and it was on 6s. I so wanted to like this plane but I am done with Motion. Best of luck to you all.

Comment

• JT did you put the 4S prop on it?

Did both of you calibrate your throttle?

Comment

• Hello Evan d I did u the 16x8 prop no I didn't calibrate the throttle is there a manual to read for that esc tell how to calibrate I've never had to do any calibration with esc before like I said tho she flew great on 6s!

Comment

• All ESCs need to be calibrated to the radio and you should recalibrate any time you change a receiver, transmitter or ESC in a plane.

With the plane battery not plugged, no bind plug inserted turn on the transmitter and turn off the throttle cut. Put the throttle at full throttle. Plug in the plane battery and listen to the first set of beeps. After the first set of beeps, a split second lower the throttle to full down. What this does is tell the ESC the throttle range to listen too. If it's your first time I would remove the prop for safety.

Comment

• Thanks Evan for that vital info I did a calibration on the sticks my throttle travels were ok even before I did that calibration full down was reading 0 full up was at 100. I will try that esc calibration as well.

Comment

• The calibration is not to have the transmitter at 0 and 100. It is so the ESC learns what it is. If you have a model and it doesn't start to turn the motor with just a click up on the throttle stick the low end isn't calibrated. I have gone to help people and find their motor doesn't turn until the throttle is advanced many clicks up or even 1/4 throttle and never did a calibration. For full throttle there is really no good test but many who complain of a lack of power have it because the ESC doesn't register full throttle from the receiver.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                  The calibration is not to have the transmitter at 0 and 100. It is so the ESC learns what it is. If you have a model and it doesn't start to turn the motor with just a click up on the throttle stick the low end isn't calibrated. I have gone to help people and find their motor doesn't turn until the throttle is advanced many clicks up or even 1/4 throttle and never did a calibration. For full throttle there is really no good test but many who complain of a lack of power have it because the ESC doesn't register full throttle from the receiver.
                                  Possible, maybe I had been lucky over the years and my luck ran out yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeofDeLand View Post
                                    For those of you having light controller over-heating issues, I installed UBEC in between the ESC and the light controller and all is well now. See attached photo. Using 6S5000 battery.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1645.JPG
Views:	802
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	326833
                                    Was looking for a little advice on the UBEC. I installed all the lights with the black and white wires plugged into the gear position on the receiver, used a three way servo lead since I'm using a 6 channel receiver, fired up the radio, attached a 6S lipo and all worked well with the lights. Gear switch on radio turned off and on all the lights. But man did the light controller heat up to the point it was untouchable!! I have a UBEC like the one you pictured but I'm not real well versed in the install. Does the jst plug on the UBEC plug into the jst from the ESC and the two wires with no jst plug get connected to the light controller? the output wires are of a heavier gauge which has confused me a bit. Is there anything else I need to know? Can I still keep the white and black wire plugged into the gear position on the receiver. I have read that if you install a UBEC you need to disable the internal BEC by cutting the red wire, or is it ok to run both the BEC and the UBEC together. I'm new at this aspect so any advice would be very helpful.........

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image_75610.jpg
Views:	798
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	327802 You only disconnect the red wire on the throttle ch3 if you power the receiver with a external BEC. If you use the ubec to power the lights you just install a red jst connector to connect to original lead from esc for the light controller, and remove the ubec out put connector, usually s servo type connector to Rx, and install the correct jst connector to light controller. I’ll post a picture of mine later. Make sure your UBEC will take 22v input. Mine goes to 26v. Then set the output jumper to 6v, or what ever the out is. Mine is 5v or 6v. Lower right connector from esc, middle to the right of ubec goes to light controller.

Comment

• For those of you having issues with the Bison on 4s...we did an update video after our original review showing how to get the most power on 4s...we found a very good way to maximize the 4s power set up. Check out the video for testing and flights on Model AV8R on Youtube. You'll want to see it but the short answer is use a APC 17 x 10E prop on 4s. We show all our testing to show its safe and effective in the video.
                                        Big time propeller head
                                        Love flying scale and 3D
                                        Currently building a GP SE5A

Comment

• My bison is very close to maiden. I modeled out the cockpit a bit and made a pan tilt pilot. I haven’t had much luck with polishing the windows. I tried automotive polishing compound but I dont see much of a difference. Has anyone found a good way to clear up the side windows?

Comment

Working...
                                          X