Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no idea why it would show Ohio. I had a problem with my HS account a while back and had Motion reset my account that might be why it shows Ohio.:Confused:

Comment

• this is my Bearcat great flyer check out sound system at https://youtu.be/gckmuwIbPm4 sounds great

Comment

• Hey guys.....Love flying my Bearcat, but with well under an hour on her I am experiencing retract failures. Had to bring her in on one leg once as one gear failed to extend, after many re-tries. A couple more short sessions and that same retract just stopped working, fortunately this time in the down position. Ordered two new retracts. put in a new one and find it doesn't even have enough torque to push the inner door closed! It will extend, but can't push the door closed, hanging up about 30 degrees short of closing all the way. Lots of fussing and adjusting produced the same result. Much to my horror, even as I was fussing with the the new retract the other one started acting up...operating intermittently! This is really disappointing, considering I operate from a rather cushy AstroTurf soccer field. I recently gave up flying my 1400mm FMS T-28 because the gear just wouldn't hold up. Now I'm wondering if this great flying plane is going to end up the same way. (and yes, my landings skills are very good) How are you guys faring with durability of these retracts?

Comment

• I've got 21 flights on mine so far the retracts are holding up well. Do you have good voltage going to them or maybe a bad/broken wire? I would check the wires to the retracts and the distribution box for any problems. Hope this helps.

Comment

• I did not use the junction box. Ran everything straight into my Rx. Wiring has been checked several times. Three different wye's have been tried. Two different power sources have been used for testing - a servo tester powered by a 4.8V NICAD pack, and the normal 4-cell LIPOS. Both sources have worked about the same. Activation failures are intermittent, which would seem to implicate actuator contacts. I did gain some ground with the leg that would not fully retract. I ended up bending the door actuator wire downwards at an angle that exceeds that of the one on the other leg's door. Seems that by making the gear leg contact the wire earlier in the closing cycle it gives the leg more time to force the door over-center and snap closed. If the leg has folded too close to the retracted position before it has pushed the door over-center, it doesn't have enough force to overcome the magnet's resistance.

Comment

• Also, check the anchor screws. Sometimes they have to be backed off a little. I'm vague on the reason, but had the same thing with the Spitty. Found the sweet spot and been fine ever since. CB, can give you a better explanation of why this happens. I just know it does and that's how to fix it.

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Blindflyer View Post
                Hey guys.....Love flying my Bearcat, but with well under an hour on her I am experiencing retract failures. Had to bring her in on one leg once as one gear failed to extend, after many re-tries. A couple more short sessions and that same retract just stopped working, fortunately this time in the down position. Ordered two new retracts. put in a new one and find it doesn't even have enough torque to push the inner door closed! It will extend, but can't push the door closed, hanging up about 30 degrees short of closing all the way. Lots of fussing and adjusting produced the same result. Much to my horror, even as I was fussing with the the new retract the other one started acting up...operating intermittently! This is really disappointing, considering I operate from a rather cushy AstroTurf soccer field. I recent ily gave up flying my 1400mm FMS T-28 because the gear just wouldn't hold up. Now I'm wondering if this great flying plane is going to end up the same way. (and yes, my landings skills are very good) How are you guys faring with durability of these retracts?
                I've had a similiar situation where I had to buy a replacement retract because I broke the mount. As you mentioned in your comment, the replacement retract just doesn't have the power of the stock one. MRC has sent me two replacements now and they insist that the replacement is the same one...it's definetly not. I haven't had a chance to fuss with it recently but I'm going to take a video of the retracts operating and there clearly is a big difference in speed and torque. Kind of frustrating.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blindflyer View Post
                  I did not use the junction box. Ran everything straight into my Rx. Wiring has been checked several times. Three different wye's have been tried. Two different power sources have been used for testing - a servo tester powered by a 4.8V NICAD pack, and the normal 4-cell LIPOS. Both sources have worked about the same. Activation failures are intermittent, which would seem to implicate actuator contacts. I did gain some ground with the leg that would not fully retract. I ended up bending the door actuator wire downwards at an angle that exceeds that of the one on the other leg's door. Seems that by making the gear leg contact the wire earlier in the closing cycle it gives the leg more time to force the door over-center and snap closed. If the leg has folded too close to the retracted position before it has pushed the door over-center, it doesn't have enough force to overcome the magnet's resistance.
                  Sounds like the retract is in a bind, try it with the screws loosened.
                  TiredIron Aviation
                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingiceberg View Post
                    Anyone else notice that their aileron hinges are splitting?
                    I have had mine for over a year and today flying and after turning to the left the plane did a beautiful victory roll right into the ground. After closer investigation I noticed the right aileron had separated from the plane. Anyway I ordered another one and will re-enforce the ailerons and flaps. Enjoying this forum!!

Comment

• Welcome to Hobby Squawk Low and Slow, sorry about the BC...great flying plane I have two, a nice one and one I do crazy stuff with ;)
                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• I had that as well, reinforced them with Foam-Tac which is advisable especially if you go with a bigger motor. I have a 650 kv in mine so I'm constantly aware of control surfaces being a little bit over stressed. You can also go with the provided plastic hinges.

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• I know the feeling, my first fuse and wings are decorating the spare parts box now.

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

• had a hard landing today and the darn left gear breaks out the leading edge of the wing....well about a year ago I did the same thing and ordered wings ... which I still had one side....no way same wing I broke last year lol gorilla glue to the rescue but don't think its going to work all that well....probably order parts again!!!!!

Comment

• Awe man! It's always the same side every time!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                                had a hard landing today and the darn left gear breaks out the leading edge of the wing....well about a year ago I did the same thing and ordered wings ... which I still had one side....no way same wing I broke last year lol gorilla glue to the rescue but don't think its going to work all that well....probably order parts again!!!!!
                                Use Foam-Tac and it will hold (ask me how I know) ;)
                                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• didn't have any foam tac had to use gorilla glue...most likely will have to put out another 40 bucks for wing set lol

Comment

• Broke a wing on my little Corsair 3 times and all three times i injected water and them gorilla glue in it. Each time the wing has been broken the gorilla glued areas held tight and the breaks were in the foam close by. Also useing the gorilla glue it foamed into cracks i could have never gotten any other glue.
                                    Dewey l

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                                      Alright, here's my Bearcat build number 2. "Converting" it into a G-58A, Al Williams "Gulfhawk4" scheme. Still a ways to go but I've got the base colors down on wings. Just need some dark blue trim on wings and fuselage and a few decals. I put the entire FMS 1400mm Corsair power system in my first Bearcat but on this one I think I'll upgrade the motor like BornToLate did and see if it make much of a difference. Not that the extra power is needed..
                                      I have had this airplane in my head since Nick Ziroli released his 1/4 scale 30 years ago. Best paint scheme for a Bearcat. Just ordered one, hope you don't mind if I copy you. The guys on this forum with huge props on their Bearcats and great repaint colour schemes truly get it. Wish you had a video of it flying but regardless thanks for sharing and inspiring me!

Comment

• Am I just unlucky with my FLRC Bearcat or are other people out there having retract issues? So far I’ve put 2 new sets of retracts in my one as they intermittently work -or one works and one doesn’t. Kinda getting to my wits end with this bird, I’ve bench tested retracts off my servo tester and they work fine. Soon as I run them off an Rx I start getting issues. Have tried 2 differrent Rx’s and 3 differrent BEC’s and I’m on the 3rd pair of retracts for it and it still is misbehaving. If I can’t sort it soon I will make it a belly flopper with the hi speed upgrade in as that runs a 2 blade prop.

im not using the included control box and never have in this plane, and I’m at my wits end with it now-I get the retracts to work fine till I connect them to an RX!

Comment

• Originally posted by Builda View Post
                                          Am I just unlucky with my FLRC Bearcat or are other people out there having retract issues? So far I’ve put 2 new sets of retracts in my one as they intermittently work -or one works and one doesn’t. Kinda getting to my wits end with this bird, I’ve bench tested retracts off my servo tester and they work fine. Soon as I run them off an Rx I start getting issues. Have tried 2 differrent Rx’s and 3 differrent BEC’s and I’m on the 3rd pair of retracts for it and it still is misbehaving. If I can’t sort it soon I will make it a belly flopper with the hi speed upgrade in as that runs a 2 blade prop.

im not using the included control box and never have in this plane, and I’m at my wits end with it now-I get the retracts to work fine till I connect them to an RX!
                                          Loosen the screws holding the retract to the wing and try it, they may be binding when you tighten them. I've got two of these and have never had any retract issues.
                                          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Working...
                                          X