Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official FlightLine RC 1600mm F7F-3 Tigercat Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got some photos from last weekends fun fly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trobinson99 View Post
      Got some photos from last weekends fun fly.
      Very nice!! I love my Tigercat!!! Flies great!!! :Cool:

Comment

• I was hoping to order my Tigercat this week but when we got back from vacation I went to start my Yukon and the battery was dead (200 for a new battery) so I will have to start saving all over again. :Straight-Face:

Comment

• Awe man. Sorry to hear that, hopefully it's only a short delay:(

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
            Just pulled the gps from my tigercat, got 82mph topend
            What is your setup? I admit I do not have a GPS to judge speed, but my tiger cat seems to be a dog.

Comment

• They are a little underpowered, I agree with Ben, but with a couple of these babies powering her...

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

She gets over her doggieness and becomes the cat we all dream about without having to sacrifice the stock props or ESC's.

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                They are a little underpowered, I agree with Ben, but with a couple of these babies powering her...

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

She gets over her doggieness and becomes the cat we all dream about without having to sacrifice the stock props or ESC's.

Grossman56
                All of the videos I have seen this cat seems pretty fast to me. The video on MRC the plane is stock and looks plenty fast.

Comment

• m sad to say that my Flightline F7F met its end last week.
                  I really liked this aircraft, it was becoming my go to plane. If flew just great with no bad habits.

The post morton of the “remains” showed that the entire left wing (aerolons, flaps,gear and motor) lost “signal”. This was traced to the ribbon cord connection located at the wing root. The connector had worked it’s way loose.

Have any of you Tigercat pilots had issues with the ribbon connector or any other connections in general working their way loose?

I plan to replace my have F7F in the near future (especially now that I have a bunch of spare parts) and wonder if anyone has any suggestions on ensuring that the connections stay connected?
                  My first modification would be to make an access/inspection panel to the wing root connections to ensure that they are connected prior to each flight.
                  A second thought would be to hot glue the connectors to the connection boards.
                  A third thought is to replace the nose gear strut with the upgraded shock absorbing strut (the main gear has worked fine for me).
                  Again any thoughts or comments would be welcome.

Comment

• I am happy with mine in the stock configuration. Make sure to set your ESC/throttle end points. Lots of power lost if you don't do it!!! ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by theoldALFER View Post
                      m sad to say that my Flightline F7F met its end last week.
                      I really liked this aircraft, it was becoming my go to plane. If flew just great with no bad habits.

The post morton of the “remains” showed that the entire left wing (aerolons, flaps,gear and motor) lost “signal”. This was traced to the ribbon cord connection located at the wing root. The connector had worked it’s way loose.

Have any of you Tigercat pilots had issues with the ribbon connector or any other connections in general working their way loose?

I plan to replace my have F7F in the near future (especially now that I have a bunch of spare parts) and wonder if anyone has any suggestions on ensuring that the connections stay connected?
                      My first modification would be to make an access/inspection panel to the wing root connections to ensure that they are connected prior to each flight.
                      A second thought would be to hot glue the connectors to the connection boards.
                      A third thought is to replace the nose gear strut with the upgraded shock absorbing strut (the main gear has worked fine for me).
                      Again any thoughts or comments would be welcome.
                      The gear upgrade all around has worked great for me. Makes it very smooth... I don't take the wings off, but low temp hot glue would certainly not hurt if your wings stay on.... They should make an audible or at least tactile snap when properly seated.... Sorry for the loss. Hope the next one is even better than the first!!

Comment

• And Alf, welcome!!!!!! Glad you are here!!

Comment

• Originally posted by benjack71 View Post

What is your setup? I admit I do not have a GPS to judge speed, but my tiger cat seems to be a dog.
                          Bone stock with 4000mah 25c packs. Nothing has been touched other than I am running in parallel other than one per side, I wouldn't think that would cause any effect other than maybe less sag at full throttle.. but not being an electrician. I dont know, but that's the only thing that isnt per manufacturer stock on my plane.

Comment

• Heres a video of mine in flight

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                              They are a little underpowered, I agree with Ben, but with a couple of these babies powering her...

Grossman56
                              No change of ESC or anything else? Just swap out the motors?

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                Heres a video of mine in flight
                                I could tell the cross wind was there. Mine is a pain to fly in a cross wind as well.

Comment

• Yeah it was, and that was still when the plane was new to me, after getting use to its characteristics I got her figured out, also I flared waaay to early in that video. So that was a fail on my part in my book. I do grade all my landings and this one was a solid D. Quite shameful really to my self-evaluation standards now.

Comment

• This was today. We had perfect flying conditions with non wind to amazing gusts of 2-3 mph right up the middle of the runway

Comment

• Not too bad at all :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by benjack71 View Post

No change of ESC or anything else? Just swap out the motors?
                                        Yep, it's a Charlie Brown recommended mod and its great, gives her more of a growl as well!

Used one of the ends from the prop balancer and installed it into the hole in the nacelle to center the motor mount to the firewall

drilled the holes
                                        And mounted the motors

Then tried mounting the prop, see the old motor still attached to the ESC to keep the wires out.
                                        A little bit of work, big pay off!

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• New motor mount, new motor and, I believe, stock prop shafts, had all the parts except the motors in the spare parts drawer anyway.

Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X