Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I had a set of Adam Bombs from Dymond and have a set of larger Quantom bombs from HK. The Quantom are pretty neat, as the servo is mounted in the base that releases the bombs, so there is no hook up except the servo wire. The Adam Bomb setup is cool with the extra tabs they provide, but I just hate having to mount a serov for the connection.. I had a foam Space Shuttle that I mounted on the bottom of my old FMS P-38 with the Adam Bomb set up and let the kids chase it for half a mile after I would release it. Lots of fun. The electromagnets that I found on Banggood are very small (About an inch by half an inch), weigh only an ounce or so, and on 12V power, are supposed to hold 22 pounds. If that is the case, and it works like I am expecting it to, it will super simplify everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
      Here is my 2 cents. I have been dropping bombs from RC planes for years and I can honestly tell you that you guys are over complicating it with the bombs on a separate release mechanism or magnets if the plane has bomb bay doors. First, the bomb doors will not be that visible while flying. In fact, you will barely notice yourself. Two, with bombs coming out on just opening the doors you can be very accurate. A small slow down of door opening will make the bombs come out like a string. Which makes the doors more versatile Fast and they will group. Bob did a similar set up trying to make the doors open first and then releasing the bombs with a rubberband, and his was very unreliable, so he is going to abandon that set up.
      Have you dropped any from the B26 yet? Just wondering about CG changes after dropping two powder filled Adam bombs. I guess the bay is close to the CG point so there may not be much change.

Comment

• No not yet. Still working on mine. I finished up the bulkheads and glassed the doors, but now just need to glue everything together. I got distracted building another target.
        Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Oooh niiiiice!!!

Comment

• Thanks Rifleman. Even my 11 year old daughter liked it. It's over 10' long. I plan on putting FPV (PBP) equipment on it and machine gun LEDs with noise. To get a "poor bastard's point" (PBP) of view LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
              No not yet. Still working on mine. I finished up the bulkheads and glassed the doors, but now just need to glue everything together. I got distracted building another target.
              That's AWESOME!! Love it man!!

My Bomb Bay is 6 1/8" long, and the Adam bombs are 5 7/8ths. That is a tight fit. I do not know if they will clear the pushrods for the doors or not. Gonna order a pair anyway. My last ones are no longer usable. All the fins broke off. I am also going to make two with cardboard tube, poster board fins, and a foam nose with some split shot for weight.

Comment

• Hahaha yes indeed

Comment

• I received my 3D printed parts. They're not fabulous but OK. The cockpit is detailed but too long and tall. I may be able to cut it down, will see.
                  I'll put more pics up tomorrow

Comment

• Can you take a picture of the guns next to a ruler? They are the only thing I was interested in printing, but my crappy Lutzbox wouldn't do it without major rework.

Comment

• I'll try to get a ruler pic up tonight.
                      There is no detail on the gun barrels. There is a guy on RCGroups named Prekin that puts up 5 1/8" resin cast Brownings from time to time that are nice. I'll try to add a pic
                      The angle of the dashboard/firewall is incorrect. I started hacking on mine last night and may have that figured out. I wish it was full width though.

Comment

• The resin cast is on top, 3D printed underneath.
                        Bombsight below

Comment

• Had an AWESOME day today! Got 3 great flights on my B-26 today taking out the shim and adding some more expo to the ailerons made all the difference on my plane. I have very little up trim added in and with a 40-50 foot takeoff roll it lifted up and took flight and after trimming out the elevator and aileron it flew hands off. When it comes time to land I put in half flaps and control the landing with the throttle it practically lands itself!:Cool:

Comment

• Nice

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                              Had an AWESOME day today! Got 3 great flights on my B-26 today taking out the shim and adding some more expo to the ailerons made all the difference on my plane. I have very little up trim added in and with a 40-50 foot takeoff roll it lifted up and took flight and after trimming out the elevator and aileron it flew hands off. When it comes time to land I put in half flaps and control the landing with the throttle it practically lands itself!:Cool:
                              Nice to see all your efforts finally paid off.:)

Comment

• I can't recommend Adam's bombs highly enough. They're really fun, well made, straightforward, and effective. He's right on target (pun intended) about the "string" of bombs. I've watched him hit targets at Apollo with startling accuracy. We sell Techone and Dynam servos in the 2-4g range. 2.5g is more than enough to acurate the mechanism. Mine is on a dial, just because I found that sometimes the servo buzzes depending on how much load is in the bomb itself.

​​​​​
                                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I'm thinking about pulling the main retracts and replacing them with the units from my crashed P38. The dynam units are really pissing me off now. They start their cycle then one side stops when in flight. Then after i land it, they will cycle perfect until I take off again then it starts it's b.s. again. I've had enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                    I'm thinking about pulling the main retracts and replacing them with the units from my crashed P38. The dynam units are really pissing me off now. They start their cycle then one side stops when in flight. Then after i land it, they will cycle perfect until I take off again then it starts it's b.s. again. I've had enough.
                                    Rifleman, take off each retract and loosen the screws by 1 turn and give it a try, I got this advice 5 years ago from the Dynam A-10 forum and it goes help until you get around 50 degree..
                                    Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• Wanted to say I was lucky enough to meet Warbird Bob and his wife over the weekend and some good food from Shoney's!
                                      Bob Thanks for the B-26 Fuselage as I will put it to good user someday.
                                      Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• Rifleman....one of my mains stuck half up on my second flight. Drove me nuts for the next handfull of flights. Land, pick up,cycle gear....no problem. Bench test worked every time.....until i turned her upright. Every time i was checking the gear i had her on her back. Something about the wormdrive and what little load there is on the way up. A few cycles of it "catching" and it went fubar. Motion sent a new one and its been fine since. Oddly enough the other main failed in the very same manner a couple weeks ago......hmmm.
                                        Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by CFIT rob View Post
                                          Rifleman....one of my mains stuck half up on my second flight. Drove me nuts for the next handfull of flights. Land, pick up,cycle gear....no problem. Bench test worked every time.....until i turned her upright. Every time i was checking the gear i had her on her back. Something about the wormdrive and what little load there is on the way up. A few cycles of it "catching" and it went fubar. Motion sent a new one and its been fine since. Oddly enough the other main failed in the very same manner a couple weeks ago......hmmm.
                                          Is it getting cold where you fly?

Comment

Working...
                                          X