Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is funny..I mean its funny now. Living it not so much, she was like flying a tail heavy marauder...unstable...snaps without warning...drags its tail...needs more up than it has available. At least she taught me to make sure the Cg is correct on the models since. Just because it looks good in the store doesnt mean its going to fly right. Rifleman......thanks for the info on the P38 retracts. I have a set still in the wreckage.
    Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by CFIT rob View Post
      That is funny..I mean its funny now. Living it not so much, she was like flying a tail heavy marauder...unstable...snaps without warning...drags its tail...needs more up than it has available. At least she taught me to make sure the Cg is correct on the models since. Just because it looks good in the store doesnt mean its going to fly right. Rifleman......thanks for the info on the P38 retracts. I have a set still in the wreckage.
      Trust me , I'm right there with you there..
      Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• Eflite retracts are notorious for being pricey (well, over-priced). If you put a set of those on a Dynam, you may nearly double the price of the plane. A cheap set of FMS or Freewing or even HobbyKing will do just as well.

Comment

That is funny..I mean its funny now. Living it not so much, she was like flying a tail heavy marauder...unstable...snaps without warning...drags its tail...needs more up than it has available. At least she taught me to make sure the Cg is correct on the models since. Just because it looks good in the store doesnt mean its going to fly right. Rifleman......thanks for the info on the P38 retracts. I have a set still in the wreckage.
          No problem! The nose gear I took a two day process to do it. I just wanted the epoxy completely dry before I drilled the screw holes. And obviously swap the legs out before the surgery takes place. Otherwise you won't get that apart and back together again as smoothly. The bad part is, it's only a one time operation.

Comment

• I've been wanting to add a better gun to the nose along with my bombsight to add a little more detail:

I took one of the 50's that I had 3D printed - It was too long and the barrel didn't match the originals - and cut the barrel off leaving a bit of a stub. Then I cut out a section of the receiver and epoxied it back together to shorten it.

I cut the barrel off the original 50 and glued it onto the stub of the shortened receiver. I had to whittle & sand the stub down to fit inside the original barrel.

Added a little gunmetal paint and viola.

Now to figure out how to mount it:Confused:

It's close to the last thing to do and maybe I can actually fly it one of these days.

Comment

• How about run some thred from the top of the glass frame and thred it through the handle and make it like the real ones just hanging from that?

Comment

• That's an idea! Maybe even a little piece of cable.

Comment

• Absolutely!

Comment

• Flew my 26 with the new radio this morning, turned out great and felt even better than the dx8 ever had. Felt very predictable and even easier to fly than before. Was a good day for sure

Comment

• Glad to hear the 26 flew well. And congrats on the new radio. One more thing to do on mine and it should be ready, aside from decals & weathering

Comment

• Good times!

Comment

• Glad to hear the marauder flying well after all your troubles. Sometimes its like they have a curse. This wonderfull aircraft catches your eye.You try to do all the right things building it, put time time in on the controls,checking and re-checking. Carfully place the decals,getting the outside looking good..checking the balance till all seems well. You finally get her in the air and all it wants to do is crash. Yup....sounds just like the ex-wife....but you can fix an airplane.

rifleman...was the dx8 the gen2? Was there any issues showing up during range testing. Using HK orange rx? I recently lost my strega in a spectacular vertical crash due to a loss of radio control. Post crash the HK orange rx seemed ok, but it was one of the oldest i have(3-4years). I have had a few very random moments this last season with motors cutting out for a split second.
                          Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

Comment

• My dx8 is a first gen. And it happened with 3 different rx. Two lemon and a true spektrum ar8000dsmx. All lost comms around 200M. Range tests seem ok, so still not sure what happened. Use to never have any problems. I'll send it in when the money's rebound and hopefully get good answers. So far the new radio works well along with the orange tx module for dsmx. I haven't ventured too far, but I've been well past the 200m Mark without problems, so with one of the planes that dropped from radio failure. No problems at all with the new system.

Comment

• Merry Christmas rifleman!!! And all the rest of you out there!!! Many many blessings!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Here's the nose all ready for deployment - TI's graphic (Thank you sir), modified gun and the bombsight.
                                (Oh, and the cockpit/pilots)

Comment

• Rodger that rifleman..there is some information about the gen 1 internal flexable antenna breaking where it pivots.

Comment

• So all of Rifleman's issues were resolved with the new radio?
                                    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDirt! View Post
                                      Here's the nose all ready for deployment - TI's graphic (Thank you sir), modified gun and the bombsight.
                                      (Oh, and the cockpit/pilots)
                                      Looks great!
                                      TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                                        So all of Rifleman's issues were resolved with the new radio?
                                        Yes sir, the radio was the cause of my flight issues. And last Friday I just picked up my truck with a remanufactured engine. So far so good. Except for the next couple days the weather is suppose to be the crud. But of the things that can be controlled all is well

Comment

Rodger that rifleman..there is some information about the gen 1 internal flexable antenna breaking where it pivots.
                                          That makes me wonder about that. Very possible. Especially how it happened consistently

Comment

Working...
                                          X