Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure you can go fly it, but if it needs a 1/4" of up trim to fly level then the incidence is way off like everyone else. You could fly it like that all day, but it isn't really correct. The tail shim is to correct the incidence angle and it takes all of 10 minutes to do.

On another note, I did a few bomb runs Saturday and the bomb bay door servos were interfering with two of my four bombs. I needed to move them in more to get out of the way of the bombs. Two bombs wouldn't deploy and would hang or explode as they left the plane. Looked pretty cool when it did explode. Looked like flak. I'll post a video later.
    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Here is the video of my first bombing mission with the Marauder. Sorry for the lack of quality. My buddy has an old phone. One of the bombs predetonated leaving the plane, but looks really cool like flak. Missed the targets completely as there was a mild cross wind and they went wide by a lot. Plane lumbered into the air with 4 fully loaded Adam Bombs. Full military power and half flaps.Cruises at about 55% throttle. I use a lighter 3300 mah Glacier 4 s battery since the servos were moved rearward. Still get a solid 7:30 of flight time. Larger nose wheel helps take off considerably more then the one I had on before. Helps the AOA. No more leaping into the air. Dialed down my elevator travel limit to 70% Vs 75%. Lands perfect now. No wing rock like the first two flights on landing flair out. I was tempted to cut some washout into the tips, but I don't think I need to so far.

Comment

• Finally got to maiden the Marauder!
        It flew pretty well except for one thing, even with the 3mm shim it nosed down. I maxed out my trim even after moving the battery back three times.

I found when I pulled up elevator it would re-center a few degrees down. Pushing down it would center correctly. I'm going to replace the servo.

Other than that it flew great. I only went up twice so there's more tweaking to be done. I think it will be a nice addition to the fleet. Thanks for all the tips.

And I can't wait to load the bomb bay!

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDirt! View Post
          I found when I pulled up elevator it would re-center a few degrees down. Pushing down it would center correctly. I'm going to replace the servo.
          This may not be a function of the servo but rather to do with a very sticky foam hinge. If memory serves me correctly all the hinges on this plane are foam all the way across (except for the flaps). All such foam hinges must be manually "exercised" vigorously before permanently attaching the control rod. Did you do this?

Comment

• Was gonna ask that too. Those foam hinges can be serious pests

Comment

• I had previously flexed the hinges but thanks for the tip guys.
              It was the servo. I disconnected the pushed from the servo and I could see the arm not centering.
              I've replaced it and it looks good to go. And of course it looks like it's going to rain tomorrow :Angry:
              Last edited by NoDirt!; May 12, 2018, 06:55 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• Awe man! Let's pray for good weather so you have a chance to try it out tomorrow.

Comment

• My second B-26 is now pretty much done. The prop tips have been painted yellow after these pics were taken. She is now ready to join her squadron mates from the 344th Bomb Group in missions at Apollo Field. She does have some mods from the stock plane - motors, ESCs, and landing gear.

Bob

Comment

• I got to test mine today after having some issues the last time I flew her. Today after doing some overhauling she flew like a dream.

Comment

• BTL, it looks good. What prop spinners did you use?

Rifleman, I'm glad to hear of another successful flight!

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDirt! View Post
                        BTL, it looks good. What prop spinners did you use?

Rifleman, I'm glad to hear of another successful flight!
                        Thanks NoDirt! The spinners and hubs are from the 980mm P-47. They fit perfect on the stock props.

Bob

Comment

• Stock collet adapter?

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                            Stock collet adapter?
                            No sir. I am not a fan of collets at all. The 11 Hobby Bearcat motors have the stock bolt on prop adapters.

Bob

Comment

• Do they (the motors) directly fit the bolt pattern of the Dynam crapcheese motors? Also, does the flight time diminish? The Bearcat motors are higher KV. Be interesting to see the side by side comparison. Mine flies great once at altitude. Getting there is the hard part. Climb rate with a full load of babies in it's belly makes for long slow painful circles to altitude.

Comment

• The bolt pattern are nearly identical. Not exact though. I was able to install 3 of the 4 bolts. The 4th was just slightly off. I will use a different X-mount on the silver B-26 for her upgrade. The green B-26 has not flown yet. I scheduled this weekend for the maiden and I will take both out for comparisons. I will post the data when the test flights are done.

Comment

• Thanks Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by borntoolate View Post
                                    My second B-26 is now pretty much done. The prop tips have been painted yellow after these pics were taken. She is now ready to join her squadron mates from the 344th Bomb Group in missions at Apollo Field. She does have some mods from the stock plane - motors, ESCs, and landing gear.

Bob
                                    I see my Valkyrie is being used more now..sweet!!!
                                    Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• Originally posted by borntoolate View Post
                                      The bolt pattern are nearly identical. Not exact though. I was able to install 3 of the 4 bolts. The 4th was just slightly off. I will use a different X-mount on the silver B-26 for her upgrade. The green B-26 has not flown yet. I scheduled this weekend for the maiden and I will take both out for comparisons. I will post the data when the test flights are done.
                                      It appears that the scheduled maiden (s) will have to be rescheduled again - due to strong winds predicted. I am disappointed.

Bob

Comment

• Dang that sucks

Comment

• Yeah, predicted winds are ~17mph. I am not a fan of strong winds - especially for maidens. I will be watching the weather report closely and maybe if mother nature gives us a break, we can do the maidens.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                          X