Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very cool, what may I ask is your all up weight?

Comment

• I must say I'm really loving this plane, I'm getting 12 minutes on the new Admiral 4S 4000s. She is very well behaved and landings are very predictable...and she just looks awesome!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170819_205408340_iOS.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	326.1 KB
ID:	93439
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Well my parts made it in time. Ready to fly tomorrow just a 1/4 lb under the manual weight with the 5000 and 1/2 lb under with the 4000.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
          Very cool, what may I ask is your all up weight?
          I've never weighed any of my planes so can't say.

Comment

• OK, just put mine on a luggage scale. With the weights in the tail present, no battery, it weighs in at 4.85 lb. Add another 0.94 lb. for my 4000mah, 4s battery and you've got the total weight of 5.79 lb.

Comment

• Oh goodness, now I see why the planes fly like lead bricks and need so much power to keep flying!

Comment

• I did the same mod as borntolate to get my top hatch fitting correctly. All it takes is a few minutes and a sharp razor. I'll relocate the magnets to pull the front of the hatch to fit better.

Comment

• I had a few more nice flights today on mine - I tried out a few things (as I mentioned in a previous post):
                  a) I removed the tail weights
                  b) I adjusted the incidence of the stab, lowering the LE about 1/16 inch.
                  c) I tried using a 3600mah battery instead of the 4000.

Total weight with the 3600 battery: 5 lbs 10oz (5.625lbs)

I played with the balance a bit, moving the battery forward bit by bit. My original balance point was 60mm back from the LE. After three flights now I have it set at 55mm and it seems to be very close to where it should be.
                  The front edge of the battery is about 1.25 inches in front of the edge of the strap.

Testing the CG - With the balance point at 60mm, I flew the plane into a 45-degree up-line and released the stick, and the model continued to rotate towards vertical (indicating tail heavy)
                  At 55mm, did the same thing and the model held the line (indicating its close to correct)

I can still force a snap-roll if I try very hard, but it is much better than before. I've reduced the elevator throw to just a little under 1/2 inch. It flies wonderfully.
                  I've had no problems at all at low speed with tip-stalling but I use flaps.
                  After a 5.5 minute flight the battery read 3.92 volts per cell (same as the 4000).
                  Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• I don't understand why y'all have such heavy birds compared to mine. Almost a full lb heavier.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                      I don't understand why y'all have such heavy birds compared to mine. Almost a full lb heavier.
                      Might be variation in the type of scale you're using. 1 lb on a bathroom scale is not a significant error.

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                        I had a few more nice flights today on mine - I tried out a few things (as I mentioned in a previous post):

I played with the balance a bit, moving the battery forward bit by bit. My original balance point was 60mm back from the LE. After three flights now I have it set at 55mm and it seems to be very close to where it should be.
                        The front edge of the battery is about 1.25 inches in front of the edge of the strap.

Testing the CG - With the balance point at 60mm, I flew the plane into a 45-degree up-line and released the stick, and the model continued to rotate towards vertical (indicating tail heavy)
                        At 55mm, did the same thing and the model held the line (indicating its close to correct)

I can still force a snap-roll if I try very hard, but it is much better than before. I've reduced the elevator throw to just a little under 1/2 inch. It flies wonderfully.
                        After a 5.5 minute flight the battery read 3.92 volts per cell (same as the 4000).
                        How is your elevator neutral? Any uptrim?
                        Straight and level at speed what happens?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                          Might be variation in the type of scale you're using. 1 lb on a bathroom scale is not a significant error.
                          Could be, I ran it up on two scales just to be safe. Both the fishing scale and the bathroom scale came up the same

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                            I had a few more nice flights today on mine - I tried out a few things (as I mentioned in a previous post):

So, we have to push it up even closer to the LE of the main wing?

Comment

• Ok I put mine at 55 as well.

Comment

• Redid it, realized my mistake on the first run. have to reconfigure my battery placement marks

Comment

• Added magnets to the front of the top hatch, it is sitting much better now. I printed out the nose graphic and painted the cockpit. Now I can get things assembled, shouldn't take long at all.:Cool:

Comment

• @ themducks I have an incidence meter. When I put mine together I will check the horizontal incidence.
                                    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• We shall see how it goes today

Comment

• Good luck Bro!!!! Take it easy and fly fast!!! :-)

Comment

• Rgr that

Comment

Working...
                                          X