Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, has anyone had any luck with the geometry of the aileron servo and linkage? Any way I turn it or angle it, it doesn't seem to line up even closely. pic shows max elevation of pushrod.

Comment

Originally posted by downwind3zero View Post
      Hi, has anyone had any luck with the geometry of the aileron servo and linkage? Any way I turn it or angle it, it doesn't seem to line up even closely. pic shows max elevation of pushrod.
      I had the same issue. Once I connected I shaved a little from the side. Seems it will work fine.

Comment

I noticed that too.
        I'm using Dubro Ball Links, and had to trim a little to get the servos to fluidly move the rod without binding.

Comment

Originally posted by jasmiller View Post
          RAF showed up today from Warbird Pilots
          jasmiller Are you going to cut him in half to get the figure to fit?

Comment

Originally posted by Aros View Post
            Gents, I have uploaded the Spitfire manual to the Support tab on the product page...

https://www.motionrc.com/products/bl...rf#support-tab
            Many Thanks Aros, I got it last night!

Comment

Originally posted by sfmadmax View Post

jasmiller Are you going to cut him in half to get the figure to fit?
              Going to have to heavily modify or choose a different pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by jasmiller View Post

Going to have to heavily modify or choose a different pilot.
                You can't bring yourself to chop him in half huh???

lol

Comment

I haven't even really started to assemble it, but I'm already facing a couple challenges. First, the struts are a horrible fit for my retracts. The insert pin is 4 mm too small, so I'm increasing its diameter with layers of brass tubing and metal epoxy. Then the main strut is too thick and it runs into the motor of the retracts, but I remembered that these units can be switched to open outward instead of inward. That solves the clearance issue, but I'm sure I'll have to modify how the unit sits in the wing. Oh well, I'll clear that bridge when I get there. I also noticed that the supplied retracts are NOT 90 degrees, like alpha had mentioned. No big deal, honest mistake. I'm sure I can shim mine a bit to make up some of the difference. Retract installs are always a pain in the ass for me.

The other conundrum is that I am planning on using a tacon Bigfoot 160, and it's a capable budget motor that will most likely be enough power - but it's such a valuable airframe that I'm having second thoughts about using such a cheap motor. Now I'm eyeing a scorpion motor, but don't really want to spend all that money. But then I'd have all the power! Hmmm

Comment

I just finished one of the flaps, hinges epoxied with a hint of fiberglass resin , and set them with 30minute cure. There is absolutely no top gap, it's very clean and looks great. I installed the servo and got the ball joints in.. I will say i had a bit of problem with the ball joints, I'm using Dubro because I like them and It's sort of a habit, but i'm deviating from the instructions.. Anyways had to fiddle with getting the control arm the correct length overall so that in it's high rates the flaps extend to 40MM. I just about got it there. and it works great, I never land high rates anyways so i'm not worried about it extending the full distance.

I did take note that the servo door is hitting the ball joint now, i'm to tired to see if it's still a problem and will tackle that tomorrow at some point. I'm using Spektrum AR6380's , they are really nice.

Otherwise everything is coming along. Going to epoxy the aileron hinges tomorrow, since it's late.

From the Video it does appear that the flap extends beyond the wing near the bottom, but it's actually flush.

Comment

Retracts going in. Seem to be sturdy. I’m combining the stock retracts with a Robart valves and pressure gauge from Chief aircraft. I installed an additional trey and will run all plumbing below so it will not be visible.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sfmadmax View Post
                        I just finished one of the flaps, hinges epoxied with a hint of fiberglass resin , and set them with 30minute cure. There is absolutely no top gap, it's very clean and looks great. I installed the servo and got the ball joints in.. I will say i had a bit of problem with the ball joints, I'm using Dubro because I like them and It's sort of a habit, but i'm deviating from the instructions.. Anyways had to fiddle with getting the control arm the correct length overall so that in it's high rates the flaps extend to 40MM. I just about got it there. and it works great, I never land high rates anyways so i'm not worried about it extending the full distance.

I did take note that the servo door is hitting the ball joint now, i'm to tired to see if it's still a problem and will tackle that tomorrow at some point. I'm using Spektrum AR6380's , they are really nice.

Otherwise everything is coming along. Going to epoxy the aileron hinges tomorrow, since it's late.

From the Video it does appear that the flap extends beyond the wing near the bottom, but it's actually flush.
                        I like the flap set up. I did. It experience the ball joint hitting the cover. I did change the arm to a smaller length.

Comment

Looking. 4wd. To a Corsair. But. The spit. Looks. Awesome!!! My. Bank acc. Is nervous. Never. Thought. I would. Build. A gas. Big. Rc plane. But. ;;;. I am hooked. Just. Get. Excited. When my f4u. Comes. At me:::. That profile:::. Spit. Does. Same. ::But. The wings. Instead. Wow. Never. Flown gas 2. Meter plane!!can I ask. If u can fly. Fline f4u. Well. :: Will I fly one of these??? I understand. Petrol engines. I will b able to tune it. Last question. Is the coating over the balsa. Paint able. ?? Diff. Paint scheme?

Comment

I managed to get the struts to fit my retracts by increasing the diameter of the insert pins with brass tubing and metal epoxy. The retracts will have to open outward to avoid contacting the motor of the unit, so the next job is to clear out some material from the wing spar. Shouldn't be too difficult, I'll try to reinforce the supports some more to make up for the damage I'm doing. So far it hasn't been as difficult as I expected.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I see Blackhorse are including Electric retracts in the 2020 Bh-136 33cc Spitfire.as well as some of the other larger planes..

Comment

Originally posted by Terminater007 View Post
                                I see Blackhorse are including Electric retracts is the 2020 Bh-136 33cc Spitfire.as well as some of the other larger planes..
                                Mine is from 2020, and didn't include electrics. Where did you see that?

Comment

was on the worldhobbies.com.au website , must be the 2020 built ones.

Comment

Are you opening up the front panel of the under-wing radiator scoops or leaving it as is?

Comment

Are you opening up the front panel of the under-wing radiator scoops or leaving it as is?
                                      As is. I have the stock retracts installed, will post pictures soon. Not too difficult but the tubing is hard to work with.

Comment

Does anyone know of a good scale 4 blade prop for this plane?

Comment

• Finished one of the wings completely today. I used dubro servo links for the inside connections, and left the stock ball for the outside.

The dubros definitely give the rods more flexibility.

Anyways.. everything is pretty sweet. I had to shave a little bit ever so softly from the aileron hole, it was rubbing a tad too much against the wood.

I was worried epoxying the hinges, but I used the petroleum jelly trick posted earlier and the hinges were well protected and move extremely well.

Comment

Working...
                                          X