Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Placing the receiver and their antenna(s) between the batteries and the wiring rats nest around the blue box is less than ideal from a signal reliability perspective. I’m thinking of making/cutting the center fuselage rear hatch and hollowing out the area behind the Blue box and wiring rats nest for the receiver and it’s rear facing antennas. Using the new rear hatch for access.

Don

Comment

• This shows the rear hatch on the full scale OV-10
      Attached Files

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20200620_160512.jpg
Views:	933
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	260798 Just finished mine.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20200620_165331_HDR.jpg
Views:	942
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	260796
        Attached Files

Comment

• Well it worked better than I even thought it would. The inside is hollow with a nice platform area ready to use. Lots of room! Cut through 1/2 inch of remaining foam firewall, and access to the blue box area is achieved. 4 1/4 inches Of usable room in addition to another 5 inches in the rear section itself.

Don
          Attached Files

Comment

• I'm confused on the Bronco wiring. Can you describe how you connected the wiring to the blue box?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCGuy83 View Post
              There has been some confusion on how to wire the flaps using the provided tri-harness. The two outer flaps come into the blue MCB box through the ribbon cables. You take the male to male out put from the blue MCB box and insert it into the tri-harness instead of going straight to your RX. You then take the two inboard flap connections and also insert them into the tri-harness before running it straight to your receiver. In short: take all three cords labeled FLAP, insert them into tri-harness, and go straight to the RX with it.

Name:	IMG_4519.JPEG
Views:	1336
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	260494

Comment

• Hi Guys. Im using a spektrum AR-610 receiver. wheres eveyone putting there receiver in the bronco. thanks

Comment

• Here's some 7 tube launchers I designed...scale to fit, I made them for helicopters .
                  Attached Files
                  TiredIron Aviation
                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• JUST ASSEMBLED MY FLIGHTLINE OV-10 AND I SEEM TO HAVE 2 THROTTLE MALE PLUGS. ONE YELLOW RED BLACK FROM BUNDLE AND ONE WHITE RED BLACK FROM ONE BATTERY PLUG. WHERE DO THEY GO? HELP !!

Comment

• I’m in need of some wing pylons for the desert storm load out. Any ideas? I have the keyed adapters from some spare a10 parts so got those parts covered. Plane is sanded to remove all vent tits and ready for a base coat of primer white.

Comment

• This has not been a smooth release....... The FW/MRC directions are sub par from other projects, but the price did not reflect the outcome.....I'm not disappointed about the product , only the journey to this point....

Comment

• Originally posted by RCGuy83 View Post
                          Coming in hot!

Fairly honkin' along!
                          What cell count is it running on?
                          All stock?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dkurtzid View Post
                            Well it worked better than I even thought it would. The inside is hollow with a nice platform area ready to use. Lots of room! Cut through 1/2 inch of remaining foam firewall, and access to the blue box area is achieved. 4 1/4 inches Of usable room in addition to another 5 inches in the rear section itself.

Don
                            This is brilliant! Thanks so much for posting this :)

Comment

• Thanks, great spots to move the MCBe and receiver to.

Thanks
                              Originally posted by Dkurtzid View Post
                              Well it worked better than I even thought it would. The inside is hollow with a nice platform area ready to use. Lots of room! Cut through 1/2 inch of remaining foam firewall, and access to the blue box area is achieved. 4 1/4 inches Of usable room in addition to another 5 inches in the rear section itself.

Don

Comment

• Completed my build yesterday. Blue box was missing elevator cable and I by-passed straight to RX. I 3D printed the Zuni's from the files listed in this thread. Blue Box pictures show how I made connections. Can't wait till I have time to get it in the air!

Comment

• Receiver installed in Avionics/cargo bay

Don

Attached Files

Comment

• To answer questions on this page,put the two throttle plug into a y cable and plug in to throttle channel on receiver,or plug the throttle cable that is a y into the throttle channel and the plug from the UBEC into your bind port.When i tryed this ,it went into bind mode everytime i put power to it,but some receivers can use the bind plug for power.I put my receiver stuck to the top of the bay just behind the cockpit.
                                    Three fights in and I can say it flys very well! Not a speed demon, I spend most of the flight at 3/4 throttle or above,but it shows no vices.No tip stall no want to snap.

Comment

• Great flying plane. got 5+ minutes on the dual 3600 batteries, at 7000 feet.

No subtrim needed at all.

Comment

• Getting started...

Name:	IMG_20200620_153846.jpg
Views:	745
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	260942

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobbster View Post
                                          To answer questions on this page,put the two throttle plug into a y cable and plug in to throttle channel on receiver,or plug the throttle cable that is a y into the throttle channel and the plug from the UBEC into your bind port.When i tryed this ,it went into bind mode everytime i put power to it,but some receivers can use the bind plug for power.I put my receiver stuck to the top of the bay just behind the cockpit.
                                          Three fights in and I can say it flys very well! Not a speed demon, I spend most of the flight at 3/4 throttle or above,but it shows no vices.No tip stall no want to snap.
                                          Agree about the throttle required. Not unexpected since her empty weight is a little greater than the FlightLine B-24 which has the exact same power system but times two. The B-24 screams with speed with the two additional motors.
                                          Last edited by Mr D; Jun 21, 2020, 12:42 PM. Reason: Reply attached to the wrong Post.

Comment

Working...
                                          X