X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
    Cchrissyv1 Regardless of the stock power system or upgraded power system, ensure your throttle is calibrated properly, as well.

The 1.1m Fw-190 is more slippery than the 1.2m F8F, and the wing loading, wing shape, and airfoils are also different. The F8F is more stable during high speed bank and crank maneuvers, while the Fw-190 is more fast in a straight line.
    Thanks, Alpha! I have been flying for a few years and never once thought of that. Learn something new everyday. I guess I should have also read my transmitter user manual
    Happy flying!

Comment

• What be a good adhesive to glue in the retracts into the wing. I was looking at the flex glue stuff.

Comment

• A lot of folks here will say Foam-Tac but I usually use 5 or 15 minute epoxy since they tend to pop out at the field and I want a quick fix while I'm there.... Be careful with epoxy as it does generate heat and the more you use the more heat it produces. The foam is fairly thin from the retract to the top leading edge of the wing on the FLRC Bearcat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
          What be a good adhesive to glue in the retracts into the wing. I was looking at the flex glue stuff.
          Etract or the plastic gear box ?? Use White Gorilla for the gear box if you want a good solid non flexing joint that the glue actually expands into the nooks and crannies of the foam cells for a really good bond.
          Gorilla is all I use for structural gluing and Foam Tac for less demanding cosmetics
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I use the white tube glue, very similar to Foam Tac, that comes in the kits, works perfect. The issue isn't the type of glue the factory uses, it's the amount. If you look at the part that got pulled out you'll see very little made contact.

GG will work too but I hate how messy it is. Epoxy doesn't adhere well to the foam.

Comment

• It's taken me 4 years to finally get one! I started watching this post from the beginning, but Motion would keep releasing new planes and knocking this one down the list! I'm talking to you 1600mm warbirds! Lol! I'm a big Blue Angels fan, I just hope Arizona sunshine won't popcorn the finish too bad...it should be here Oct 1, via Fed Ex. I'm still waiting weeks for a USPS pkg!

Comment

• Give it several coats of
                Click image for larger version

Name:	027426359055.jpg
Views:	630
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	276677
                Except get the gloss finish,
                Before........

Name:	IMG_8912.JPG
Views:	730
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	276678
                After....... Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8927.JPG
Views:	702
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	276679
                'nuff said

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• I've been vascillating between the Arrows 1100mm and this 1200mm version. Hear that the FL version does not handle grass very well. One of the reasons I fly mainly jets is that Im not constantly walking down the field uprifhting nose o
                  Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                  Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                  I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Looks great Grossman, what did you apply the clear with?

Comment

• I use an old 1/4" oil paint brush as I have several laying around. They're very splayed out and fairly soft, not stiff bristles. I have used a foam brush as well, but prefer a soft bristle brush. I apply it pretty liberally and lay it out front to back, in the direction of the airflow, keeping an eye out for runs. Once applied, I'll hit it with a hair dryer to set it up, then let it air dry for several hours. It will get more glossy with more layers, I generally go for at least four layers. BTW, I apply the decals first and then use the clear coat to seal them as well.
                      Dang, I miss that plane!

Name:	IMG_9500.jpg
Views:	601
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	277945

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                        I use an old 1/4" oil paint brush as I have several laying around. They're very splayed out and fairly soft, not stiff bristles. I have used a foam brush as well, but prefer a soft bristle brush. I apply it pretty liberally and lay it out front to back, in the direction of the airflow, keeping an eye out for runs. Once applied, I'll hit it with a hair dryer to set it up, then let it air dry for several hours. It will get more glossy with more layers, I generally go for at least four layers. BTW, I apply the decals first and then use the clear coat to seal them as well.
                        Dang, I miss that plane!

Name:	IMG_9500.jpg
Views:	601
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	277945

Grossman56
                        Very nice!

Comment

• Is anyone still flying these?
                          Attached Files
                          There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

• I have two Bear cats, one i Have done as a vintage Reno racer. Callie graphics. Click image for larger version

Name:	Bearcat one.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	301153Click image for larger version

Name:	Bearcat two.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	301154

Comment

• A classic.

Comment

• Originally posted by WrightBrosRC View Post
                                Is anyone still flying these?
                                Lost my last Bearcat in the sun without a good result and haven't had one in a couple of seasons. Really miss that bird so she's on my list of birds to buy. Interestingly, I see you have a Bearcat painted in Bill and Corky Fornoff colors. I'm seriously thinking of going that route with the next one.

Name:	6570949171_002643ed14.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	304018

Great job!

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

Lost my last Bearcat in the sun without a good result and haven't had one in a couple of seasons. Really miss that bird so she's on my list of birds to buy. Interestingly, I see you have a Bearcat painted in Bill and Corky Fornoff colors. I'm seriously thinking of going that route with the next one.

Great job!

Grossman56
                                  Thx! I was hoping to fuel a Reno style racing series at my club before covid restrictions and such. I put a camera on the Rare Bear yesterday. I wasn't sure what to expect after clipping the wings, but it doesn't seem to care.

Comment

• Are you running the stock system? I ran mine with the 650kv and the FMS 1400mm Corsair prop, totally awesome and no difference with her slow speed characteristics.

Grossman56

Name:	IMG_9498.JPG
Views:	453
Size:	189.4 KB
ID:	305116
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by WrightBrosRC View Post

Thx! I was hoping to fuel a Reno style racing series at my club before covid restrictions and such. I put a camera on the Rare Bear yesterday. I wasn't sure what to expect after clipping the wings, but it doesn't seem to care.
                                      Very good! I think air racing using electric scale planes would be a hoot. Have classes just like Reno...unlimited warbirds, T-6's, jets, etc. Make everyone fly a stock power system but let them customized the planes as desired. Even better...race using FPV goggles!

Comment

Are you running the stock system? I ran mine with the 650kv and the FMS 1400mm Corsair prop, totally awesome and no difference with her slow speed characteristics.

Grossman56
                                        I'm running the stock setup with the spinner from the Spitfire. I experimented with the FMS setup and other setups too, but as I mentioned, I was attempting to get others into racing and keeping things the same for everyone on the stock setup means less expense, more interest, etc. It would be great though to see an unlimited class with this airframe. How fast can it go before ripping the wings off? LOL

Comment

• It's pretty awesome, here in Cody we're up 5000 feet and the difference was unreal. When I took it to Muncie which is Sea Level, it was even better. I took off and went vertical until I could barely see it, the sucker climbed like the proverbial home sick angel.
                                          Now I definitely need a new one!!

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X