Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To be 100% scale adding all these lights would make her a nice night flyer. Geez. Lol
    I’ve already got Mr RC Sound going in.
    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Here is mine after the unboxing. Only issue I had was the long wing spar was hard to get in one wing. Over time it will loosen up. Otherwise there were no issues with the airframe.

Mark

Comment

• Looks like the classic bachelor pad right there... I like it! :Cool:

Comment

• Guess what just showed up ?? After pouring over everything can't wait to get this started. :Cool: Neatly packed no damage.
          Now to start rounding up parts and a crew and clean up some unfinished projects.

Woody

Comment

• Day 518: Flew Witchcraft this morning and got ten minutes on two Admiral 4S 4000 mah batteries with 3.87v left. Rates are by the manual except the ailerons which I took down to 60% with 30% expo. Flaps per the book but slowed down to two seconds. You will be amazed how well this planes flys.

TiredIron Aviation
            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
              ... got ten minutes on two Admiral 4S 4000 mah batteries with 3.87v left ...
              Thanks for the flight duration report, TiredIron! Some of our factory testers here blazed through the same Admiral 4s 4000mAh batteries in 5 minutes trying to race around with the Ta-152. I'm much more of a relaxed bomber flyer for this... bomber... like yourself. Rudder to keep the wings level, nose into a headwind, mild power on to keep authority, floating around like a glider.

One thing I'll suggest is to keep gentle power on approach, all the way to the ground. While it's an efficient floater in a headwind, I find it likes being flown to the ground under slight power rather than being chopped and dropped. It's important to keep airflow over the elevator.
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Merry Christmas Alpha,

You guys hit another one over the fence ! Came today as did the F-105. Managed to intercept UPS guy and have now smuggled both boxes out to the man cave (garage) What a great Christmas this is already.

We have a club tradition of flying on Jan 1. This and a helping of blackeyed peas always brings good luck for the rest of the year. Last year I debuted the F7F TigerCat. This year, it's the Liberator. Can't wait to fly Tupelo Lass !

Cheers,

Dave
                Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                  One thing I'll suggest is to keep gentle power on approach, all the way to the ground. While it's an efficient floater in a headwind, I find it likes being flown to the ground under slight power rather than being chopped and dropped. It's important to keep airflow over the elevator.
                  I remember you telling me that and you were right on, long shallow approach with full flaps and in the last 100' or so about 5% throttle until shes down.
                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• "The Dragon and His Tail"

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171222_153032000_iOS.jpg
Views:	704
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	109901
                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Well, you don't waste any time do you. :) That really looks great! :Cool:

Comment

• Just unboxed mine... The silver is going to be a great base for chipped paint and weathering....

Comment

• Very Nice Tirediron :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                            "The Dragon and His Tail"

Name:	20171222_153032000_iOS.jpg
Views:	704
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	109901
                            Can't wait to see it in person tomorrow. It looks really good.

Comment

• TI is the dragon one decal? If it is can you share how you applied it? I've seen the instructions on Callie's website about using water, I plan on trying that technique on mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                                TI is the dragon one decal? If it is can you share how you applied it? I've seen the instructions on Callie's website about using water, I plan on trying that technique on mine.
                                Yes it is, I cut it under the wing and did it in two sections then I placed it where I wanted it and made some reference point marks with a lead pencil and applied it dry.
                                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• If you need to paint the rudders for a different livery the Krylon Colormaster Silver Metallic is a perfect match.

Name:	20171222_213729477_iOS.jpg
Views:	648
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	109913
                                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• I was sitting on the fence for this airframe....until I saw the reported 8-10min duration on dual 4s 4000mAh LiPo......that seals the deal for me.....after I maiden my latest ARF that has been waiting for a maiden day.

Comment

• You did a very good looking job TI that's a lot of decal to apply at once.

Comment

• Got the nose turret done...

Name:	20171222_232816036_iOS.jpg
Views:	634
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	109932

Name:	20171222_233425912_iOS.jpg
Views:	657
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	109935

Name:	20171222_233922765_iOS.jpg
Views:	600
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	109934

Name:	20171222_234015504_iOS.jpg
Views:	627
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	109933
                                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Nice job, TI! :Cool: Is that just the bottom half of the graphic for the "D" nose?

Comment

Working...
                                          X