Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the tutorial. Nice job. Do you think the doors will be too low for grass?

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDirt! View Post
      Thanks for the tutorial. Nice job. Do you think the doors will be too low for grass?
      This is the reason MRC left them off, they sit very low and will hang up on grass easily. You would have to be flying off putting green quality grass to be ok. I fly off asphalt, so no issues.
      Pat

Comment

• Yea, I figured that's the case. Our grass is nice but not that short.

Comment

• A few photos of my B-24 in the air this afternoon. Wind was calm, and I got in 2 flights. It is amazing how slow you can get this bird with full flaps. Will have to try 3S at some point and slow it a bit more. I don’t think I went over half throttle doing scale flying.

Comment

• NICE!!!!!!!!!!! Love it. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
              NICE!!!!!!!!!!! Love it. :Cool:
              Thanks Hardway!

Comment

• Thanks for posting that tutorial, Pat! The gear doors are a fun addition for guys not worried about ground clearance on grass. The real B-24 was insanely low slung!

Heads up to anyone on the fence about this gorgeous, efficient, easy flying bomber: We've got a sale on a select number of B-24s right now. I'm usually not the guy that heavily promotes sales, but I know there are people eyeing this bird and to be frank I also know that this bird won't likely be discounted again after this sale ends for the far foreseeable future, as it's everyday price is already a bargain for a 2000mm four engined bomber.

Olive Drab PNP:
                https://www.motionrc.com/collections...rab-2000mm-pnp

Silver PNP:
                FlightLine B-24 Liberator Silver 2000mm (78") Wingspan - PNP - The famed B-24 Liberator is one of the most recognizable WWII aircraft of all time. Serving in every theater of that global conflict, the B-24 fought to bring its brave crews home through unimaginable danger. With humility and reverence, Motion RC is proud

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Passholder View Post
                  New here. I have a little info on the Tokio Express. My wife's father (T/Sgt Frank Price) was combat crew. I have a few pictures to share and a couple of pages of his diary.

Your wife's father and my dad were in the same squadron - the 319th! I have my dad's squadron books with pictures of your father-in-law's plane. Dad flew in the Queen Mae.

Comment

• Tomorrow nite on PBS "Nova", there's a show about the underwater excavation of a B-24 that went down (near Croatia, I think).

Comment

• Anybody transporting the B24 in a Town and Country van ....... without any disassembly ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mojoman View Post
                        Anybody transporting the B24 in a Town and Country van ....... without any disassembly ?
                        Welcome to Hobby Squawk, Mojoman, or rather I should say, thanks for posting for the first time in the two years since you joined!

I transported my B-24 in an Astro van disassembled, with the wings oriented fore/aft. It fit just fine fully assembled, although I'm unsure of the exact dimensions of your Town and Country. Would you provide a measurement of the trunk door?
                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I have a Honda Pilot, and used to have a Grand Caravan, and with seats folded down or stored, I can get several planes in there without disassembly, including the B-24.
                          Pat

Comment

• Anybody transporting the B24 in a Town and Country van ....... without any disassembly ?

Comment

• Thanks for the responses. The Town and Country is 49” + depending on where you measure ....... so with the greenhouse remove it should fit in comfortably with the wings positioned fore and aft in the cargo area. I have pvc racks that allow me to carry up to 6 of the 50” size planes. Currently flying the DYNAM T28 (White and Grey), Corsair, P47, HellCat, Typhoon, and the Flightline TigerCat and P38. Looking forward to getting the B24 in the air.

Comment

• I am going to work on some measurements this winter to see if I can fit the B-24 in my Fiesta. The HK B-17 won't fit because the wings are assembled as a single piece. I think the B-24 will be better with the separate wings. I think the nose will stick between the front seats and could make shifting interesting. Using my Fiesta means taking the B-24 and maybe a UMX to the field. Of course since the field isn't far from the house, I could go back home and pick up a few more planes and come back. Not sure of the future of my flying field, so holding off until next spring before buying anything that would surely need a proper field. The delay isn't a bad thing as I need to finish my Cherokee and night classes have started and will last until May. Not much time to do anything other than homework.

Comment

• It's hard to "go big" when the dream catcher is so small. :)

Comment

• The car hobby is first and the plane hobby is second. I am not going to buy a car to fit a plane, I just won't buy the plane. I have my wife's Escape to use if needed, but I only use that for my B-17's. Everything else fits in the Fiesta.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                      You will need the following to complete the install:

- Printed gear doors
                                      - Two gear door servos; one regular and one reverse
                                      - Two pushrods
                                      - Y harness
                                      - Sharp knife

First, peel off the gear bay plastic cover. Then you will need to trim the foam shoulders about midway down, as well as the raised foam at the ends. Once the doors are snapped in, there is a hole in the front mount for a keeper screw. You can see the hole in the pics, but I had not inserted the screw yet.

The pushrods, with the plastic keepers attached, need to be about 1 5/8", or 40mm, long. All I did was hot glue the servos in place, then connected them to the board using a Y harness as there is only one slot in the boards for the door servos. Works great!
                                      Hi Pat, I am nearly finished installing the gear doors. Your tutorial was perfect. Inside of doors are now drying after a coat of chromate green. Hopefully they dry soon so I can assemble it completely.
                                      Thanks for all your help and advice!

Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                        Thanks for posting that tutorial, Pat! The gear doors are a fun addition for guys not worried about ground clearance on grass. The real B-24 was insanely low slung!

Heads up to anyone on the fence about this gorgeous, efficient, easy flying bomber: We've got a sale on a select number of B-24s right now. I'm usually not the guy that heavily promotes sales, but I know there are people eyeing this bird and to be frank I also know that this bird won't likely be discounted again after this sale ends for the far foreseeable future, as it's everyday price is already a bargain for a 2000mm four engined bomber.

Olive Drab PNP:
                                        https://www.motionrc.com/collections...rab-2000mm-pnp

Silver PNP:
                                        FlightLine B-24 Liberator Silver 2000mm (78") Wingspan - PNP - The famed B-24 Liberator is one of the most recognizable WWII aircraft of all time. Serving in every theater of that global conflict, the B-24 fought to bring its brave crews home through unimaginable danger. With humility and reverence, Motion RC is proud
                                        Heads up to motion Rc! Don’t forget the customers in Europe with those sales. Nothing like that happening here in the eu motion site! Please!

Comment

• Finally! Barney's Buzz Wagon is ready!
                                          It flew in the 446th bomb group, 705th bomb squadron. Piloted by Bernard L Hutain.
                                          25 missions then reportedly hit by AAA 03-08-1944.

Pictures were taken Sunday at our Veterans Day event at the field where it debuted.
                                          It's ready to go but has not yet been maidened. But hopefully soon...

Callie graphics, MAS 8x6x3's and russcramer's prop adaptors (stock props on for debut & photos).

Thanks for everyones help, tips etc.

Comment

Working...
                                          X