Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just did a fitting test of the Main Retracts. They fit perfectly !!!
    Attached Files

Comment

• Good to know.

Mike
      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosytime View Post
        Stuart or Alpha, I just got the Bronco and looking at the specs it recommends for servos the HiTech HS-485HB. The problem is that it will be too big for the space allotted for servos in the hatches. It's 39.8mm long and as you can see by my pics the opening is only 32mm. A HiTech HS-225BB mini servo fits it perfectly. The manual also again says use a 6s lipo with a 25 3526 870kv or a 35 4220 770kv motor. So why the discrepancy from the web page and the manual. I never did get an answer on what motors and ESCs were used when it was flown on 6s.
        Rosytime hit on the servo issue back on post #59 and called out the 225bb servo. I went on the Pichler web site and compared their servo requirements to the 225 and decided on 225MG.
        Maybe Alpha can but an amendment in the original post and get the website page description updated before others find out the costly way or start complaining.

Snip from my post #303
        ” I found 3.0kg/4.8v and 3.5kg/6v listed in the specs and looking at the HS-225MG, its 3.9kg/4.8v and 4.8kg/6v.”

Im not not saying your wrong wrangler, just trying to point others to information that has come to light in prior post. Please keep your build pics coming so we all can have better insight.
        Like the highlight on the EFlite retracts as a option till MRC can get the XWave sets in. That will help greatly. I’m considering calling Sierra and ask for a set of struts but not sure of the cost.
        I did find the 668 Robert nose strut for much less than direct price from Robert so that’s ordered now.:Cool:

Comment

• Jajaja....the wing assembly is on a halt now, my right wing came without the servos base made and without the wood piece that goes on those holes too. and the "U" shape metal bracket that attach from the wing to the fuselage is missing too.

I just wrote an email to MRC to see what they will do. Is a shame because i was on a good rythm building to stop !! 🙄
          Attached Files

Comment

• I continue to plod along on this build. I found that the retracts from the Freewing A-10 work perfect . The A-10 weighs just a tad less than this model when loaded with batteries so they should be okay for now. I'm waiting for the recommended retracts to come into stock and then I'll use them since the A-10 retracts are all plastic. I guess it's a good thing I kept all those parts from my crashed A-10 since it's providing the retracts, ESCs, BEC, and the long battery leads needed for this bird. I'm sorry that I haven't provided any photos but I'll try and get some posted in the next few days. I tried to use a steering arm for the front nose gear but it just wont work with the space available. I went ahead and use the pull-pull system they supply and what a pain. A little grind here and there and the steering arms don't hit the servo plate. I'm assuming that the metal retracts don't have this problem. The system is not a direct shot but turns a 180 in the fuselage. Look at the instructions and see what I mean. It works but I'm not happy with it. If I can figure out another way I'll try that.
            So now that the retracts are mounted, I just need to put some servo extensions on them and start getting all the wiring rigged in place. If you haven't looked, there's a lot of extensions used to bring it all to the fuselage. I then want to figure out a way to make it easier to take the plane apart and not spend 20 minutes putting back together all the wires. I know about the multi servo connectors but with all the wyes needed it's get complicated.

Comment

• Welcome to twins, Twice the fun, and 4 times the work.......

Comment

• Well call me gullible, slap me silly, I went with a full Robart gear solution since i called and the July 4th special is out now. I was calling to order the main struts....but:Silly::Confused::Cool:
                SO as I have been still looking around for options, i think i found the next best thing for the mains to Robarts and that is the EFlite 30cc Spitfire main retracts(95 degree) They will take a 13mm(1/2") strut, are still available but not sure how long as the Spit was discontinued. So for a cost effective(????), near scale looking gear, here is my recommendation.
                Nose
                Robart 553RSE 105 degree retract($119.95), needed controller,($99.95 or $69.95 depending on full program or simple) using the #668($83.45) 7/16" trailing forked strut with a 2.75" wheel
                Mains
                EFlite 30cc retracts that are recommended for the H9 Spitfire ARF that use to be available($89.95 ea,Listed as a "replacement") Gear controller is $38.24. There are replacements listed as RH and LH but you can order 2 of the same as the ONLY diff is the side of the trunion that the cinch screw is accessed from. Other than that one diff, they are identical.
                The struts would be 7/16" 669L and 669R($89.95ea) trailing arm struts and 3.25" wheels.

After adding up the cost($671) of the above, i came out about the same on a complete Robart solution but then using the July 4th discount it came to under $500. Yea i know us scale anal picky guys got to have what will get us closest to scale without truly braking the bank. Now the one OTHER option is air retracts, use 552RS($164.95/set),558RS($93.45) plus an air kit($40-70) or EFlite 90 degree 60-120($159.99) for mains set and a simple 90 degree nose EFlite unit($85.99).

Least cost option for what is currently available: $245 EFlite 90 degree 60-120($159.99set) for mains and a 90 degree nose EFlite unit($85.99), use provided struts and wheels. The trike set isnt listed any longer.
                Air Robarts: $573, Mains, nose and air kit plus same struts. $308 if using kit provided struts/wheels.
                MotionRC XWave retracts: $39.99 ea x 3 = $120 ***several months till available**** Might get them before winter or late fall.........:Scared::Yawn:
                By far the cheapest cost: $00, use what ya got:Silly:

Here is the outfit I ordered from Robart
                Nose: Same as listed above, 558RSE, 668 strut
                Mains: 552RSE 95 degree mains and 669L/R struts including controller plus extensions to reach the contoller:Whew:

I did inquire to Sierra and got a reply from Darrell. He was straight shooting and bottom line, his struts wont fit "our small model" and if people "dont want to pay him $500 for a gear set and have orders of a dozen or more, it isnt worth their time".
                Now im off to inspect the 3D printed exhaust i just received from DirtyDee:)

Comment

• You will love the exhaust that Dirty Dee produces, They look great, and are well worth the money....... extra something for the appearance. I would gladly trade my antenna for the exhaust. (hint, hint)

Comment

• Originally posted by walkerm45 View Post
                    You will love the exhaust that Dirty Dee produces, They look great, and are well worth the money....... extra something for the appearance. I would gladly trade my antenna for the exhaust. (hint, hint)
                    +1, they are real nice and he's great to deal with.

Mike
                    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Yep, Chris still amazes me with his skill set. He and I go back when he started on his A10 and then around the second EDF Jet Jam. Should have seen his A330 this year, great work.;)

Comment

• Yup, just got back from a little trip, and found my Exhaust stack waiting for me. Very impressive. Thanks Chris.

Comment

• Dirty Dee, make us a 'long nose' for an OV-10D.....

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
                            Yep, Chris still amazes me with his skill set. He and I go back when he started on his A10 and then around the second EDF Jet Jam. Should have seen his A330 this year, great work.;)
                            Thanks Sam!

Originally posted by walkerm45 View Post
                            Dirty Dee, make us a 'long nose' for an OV-10D.....
                            The D was always my favorite variant. If I am provided with good contour gauge data, measurements, and a direct side-shot picture of the nose area with the canopy, I can make it happen.

Comment

• Let me see what I can come up with......mike

PS check your mailbox....

Comment

• I'm a +3 for Dirty Dee and his exhaust stacks. Perfect!!

Comment

• Update..... MRC is sending a replacement wing in exchange for the incomplete one. Also i received the EFLITE NOSE RETRACT of 105 degrees, im just waiting for the YAK gears to arrive so i can test it.

For the ones that choose to put the FMS F7F TIGERCAT power plant on this model, be aware that the motors comes without the metal "x" plate, you have to order separately ( That was my case and i ordered them directly from FMS).
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• I have some photos of my progress. You can see the nose gear retracted and extended and you will notice the nose wheel sticks out a bit. Also, it is raked forward as mounted. You can also see the wire harness that is for each boom. The only difference is that one has an extra servo wire for the elevator. I have decided to get the multi servo connectors for the booms so that when I want to disassemble the plane I can leave the bulk of the harness in the wing. The battery leads will have another EC5 connector in line to accomplish this along with the multi connectors. The harness comes out of the fuselage easy enough so that's not a problem. I might put another multi connector for the receiver to try and make it easier to hook all the servos up on that end. It's getting close to assemble and start doing the CG and servo throws. Also check out the pull-pull system for the nose wheel. Not to my liking but it works. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG ov-10 1.JPG
Views:	974
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	204135Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG ov-10 2.JPG
Views:	903
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	204136Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG ov 10 3.JPG
Views:	898
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	204137Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG ov 10 4.JPG
Views:	918
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	204138Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG ov 10 5.JPG
Views:	892
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	204139Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG ov 10 6.JPG
Views:	924
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	204140Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG ov 10 7.JPG
Views:	903
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	204141Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG ov 10 8.JPG
Views:	847
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	204142Click image for larger version

Name:	IM ov 10 9.JPG
Views:	909
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	204143

Comment

• Originally posted by wrangler1 View Post
                                      Update..... MRC is sending a replacement wing in exchange for the incomplete one. Also i received the EFLITE NOSE RETRACT of 105 degrees, im just waiting for the YAK gears to arrive so i can test it.

For the ones that choose to put the FMS F7F TIGERCAT power plant on this model, be aware that the motors comes without the metal "x" plate, you have to order separately ( That was my case and i ordered them directly from FMS).
                                      Where did you get the 105 degree retract? Thanks for the updates.

Comment

• I like to know also as it is listed discontinued on the Horizon site and i did a google search for same under shopping with no hits other than the 25-45 size unit. I already placed order with Robart but may have swayed me to use what i have on hand if it wasnt for not finding one those.:Angry::Crying:

Comment

• Dirty Dee, are your OV10 mods on Thingiverse?

Comment

Working...
                                          X