Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The STL has to be processed by a "slicer" program. to create "g-code" for the printer.

The g-code is what tells the printer how t make the item.

Its sort of like the computer processing a PDF into something the inkjet printer can understand. But changing a PDF to the code the printer need is easier and done in background.

Find "Cura 4.1" Its one of the most popular slicer programs.

g-code is text. You can read it in any text editor. There are occasions where you might want to insert a couple of lines, such as doing a color change.

Also, look at "Makers Muse" videos on Youtube
    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Yes cura is a great free option. I have simplify 3d, and it is good, but its not free to use. Quite expensive really.

Comment

• It is more difficult to print at least some of the 3DLabPrint planes in Cura isn't it? I have S3D as well and I think it was a worthwhile investment of $150.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
          Lost my F86, BEC failed.. i think it was being an abnormally humid day
          Sorry for your loss, man. There is a simple way to protect against BEC failures causing crashes like yours. This is what I do in my ME-262... I bought a small 4.8v NiMh battery pack (200 mah or so) and connected it in parallel with the BEC output. Because the BEC outputs 5 volt and the battery is 4.8 volts their is no effect on the BEC whatsoever. The BEC in fact will slowly charge the battery over time. However, if the BEC fails then the battery continues to provide power to the radio and servos allowing for a safe landing. It's basically foolproof...just connect the battery after the BEC is powered up and then disconnect the battery after the flight.

Comment

• Another option is to power the receiver from 2 ESCs (twin engine) or from an external BEC and ESC BEC. This requires soldering 2 schottky diodes into a Y-harness (bus tie circuit). I did this on my A330, and it gives power redundancy if an ESC were to burn out, the other one will still power the receiver.

Comment

• Yeah ill need to look into some power options. Im thinking i may just run a small 2s life pack.

Comment

• Threw a bit of paint on my printed crew figures for the UH-1N

Comment

• DD, Great looking cockpit ya got there. Very Nice and Great Detail, Diggin' the Pilots, though those guys each need a pair of AO shades.:bluecool Best, LB
                  Attached Files
                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Finished the wing electronics install. Going to replace the floats with fresh printed ones, just have these old ones on for place holders. This new printer is night and day better than my old one.

Comment

• Hey Y'all, Designed new pylons, build mods made, ordinance printed, with most assembly & painting complete, then a few markings and mounting on the F-4 Phantom. Acknowledgements and special thanks to DirtyDee, Apmech1 and Crxmanpat for their original work with all the ordinance designs, You Guys Rock! All my mods were for size, fit, mounting, and variants, but without your original work none of that would look as good as it does. Bravo Zulu. I will post pictures in the F-4 forum with everything mounted and then its on to the check flight. WooHOO! Best, LB

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0002.JPG Views:	0 Size:	117.6 KB ID:	205550

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0003.JPG Views:	0 Size:	68.6 KB ID:	205546Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0004.JPG Views:	0 Size:	64.5 KB ID:	205547Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0005.JPG Views:	0 Size:	54.1 KB ID:	205548Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0006.JPG Views:	0 Size:	68.8 KB ID:	205549
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Awesome!

Comment

• Looks great Bro!!!! Nice, nice, nice!!!!!! When I break the F-4 out of the box, it will be a fun time for sure!!!!!!!!! Going to be a while. I am about to get a new shop built here. 30x50 or a little bigger. Then it is ON!!!!!

Comment

• Elbee is rocking him some Alclad paint on the gun pods!!!!

Comment

• Shiny!!! I can see the reflection of my house in there.....

Comment

• Alclad is some awesome paint for replicating metal parts. When I build my 90mm F-104, that is going to be the ticket for sure!!!!

Comment

• hey all, finished the tweaks and my A330-300 is now available for download:

This 1/30th scale A330-300 was designed with scale appearance in mind, and utilizes custom retracts designed to enable the odd angles needed for the main and nose gear. Spaces throughout the airframe have provisions to allow the installation of 5mm LEDs for navigation lights with minimal drilling or cutting. Although the plane was designed for 6S 70mm EDFs, a 4S power system will be sufficient and can allow for a lighter flying plane. Wingspan: 2006mm(79 in) Length: 2122mm(83.5 in) Wing Area:40.18 dm2(623 in2) Free assembly manual can be downloaded from my profile, via the free A330 tail section. https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/1-30-scale-a330-300-tail-section-rc-edf Thread on RCGroups, also has the assembly manual PDF download: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3359037-1-30-Scale-A330-300-%282006mm-Wingspan%29 Original Design/Build Thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3117172-1-30-Scale-Airbus-A330-300-%283D-Printed%29 Maiden Flight Video: https://youtu.be/i94KQ5vHzAE (2019-11-14) Added ZIP with Fuselage, Tail, and Nose sections with windows cut out. (2020-03-08) Added ZIP with Wing6 full segment to have hatches to access wiring. (2022-01-11) Made a correction to Wing7_Port and Wing7_Stbd which was missing a hole for the retracts, originally requiring cutting for servo fitment. I also added fuselage STL files to make the -200 airframe variant, which is shorter. (2022-01-18) STL File "Flap Fairing Catch" added to "Flap Fairings" folder please refer to picture and installation as shown in RCGroups thread, post #553 https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=45296885&postcount=553 (2023-12-20) "Experimental Files" for the Version 2 upgrade added including a brief assembly manual for the tail section. Files include tail section only. (2024-3-14) "Experimental Files" for the Version 2 Updated with the Outer Wing files. (2024-4-11) "Experimental Files" for the Version 2 Updated with the Fuselage files.

Comment

• Finally got the PBY flying. Shes a great flying machine once dialed in. Took 6oz of lead in the nose along with the 2 3000mah 3s packs in parallel. Might call her the lead sled. But man what a beautiful flyer.

Last edited by rifleman_btx; Jul 15, 2019, 08:07 AM. Reason: Put 6s last night, really it was 3s... sorry was tired

Comment

• Very cool! Great job bro!

Comment

• Thanks bro, was a fun build, just didnt like having so much lead to balance it. But otherwise was a fun overall experience

Comment

• Rifleman, that PBY looks great flying by! Very cool

Comment

Working...
                                          X