Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Peteflys View Post
    DEATH OF AN EAGLE
    Well, a couple weeks ago I lost my F-15. It's my fault, sort of. One of the wires pulled out of the EC-5 connector on the ESC. I bought it used from a guy on RCG. I checked everything over pretty good before I flew it, and it all seemed ok to me. I did get to fly it about 30-40 flights. But I really should have paid more attention to the connectors. After removing everything out of the carnage, I saw that the connectors were not soldered very good. I bought it as the HP version, which it was, but I think the guy did the conversion himself. Anyway, lesson learned!

I was all set to pull the trigger on the F-22 as a replacement, but then I got that darn e-mail from Motion on the new F-18 Blue Angels that will be coming out, someday soon I hope. I already have my CC ready to go. Ha Ha
    Wow, that was a bad crash, sorry to see that.

I think I read that the F-18 wasn't going to be ready any time soon, it's just going into production sounds like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
      The F-15 is offered as a 6s PNP (I assume that's what you mean by "package"), and as an ARF Plus. The PNP has everything in it except your receiver and battery. The ARF Plus has everything in it except receiver, battery, and power system (EDF/motor/ESC/UBEC). Dropping in the power system should take more than a few minutes assuming your battery wire length is long enough. The ARF Plus version is offered to people who already have a power system they want to use.

You mentioned you were going to put a JetFan 10s setup in it... I assumed you had a suitable ESC for that setup? if so, then technically you only need to buy a different motor and swap it into your JetFan.

If you don't yet have the 10s JetFan, then I'd recommend buying an 8s JetFan setup from the start, from Gary at EffluxRC.com. I recommend the HET 1500kv motor, but talk to Gary and see what he recommends, depending on your budget, battery quality, ASL, flying style, expectations, etc. Note: JetFans do not drop in perfectly to Freewing's EDF bays, especially depending on if you get an inlet lip or not.

If you want to eliminate as much guess work as possible, then buy the Freewing 8s 12B EDF setup. It drops right in to the Freewing F-15 (because I designed it to), and it includes a pre-installed HET 1250kv motor.

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

All you'll need then is your ESC/UBEC.
      Dear Alpha

I am about to order the F15 ARF plus from MRC and wonder whether you could give me your experience with the all new Freewing 6s 4068/1835kva as compared to the older 1680kv high performance edf. I am inclined to installing this new unit as I find the power numbers quite attractive.

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
        Would this be a good first 90mm?
        NO WAY!! The Stinger 90mm is a good one and then maybe the F-15 after that. As mentioned above, the 80mm L-39 is a great step in the right direction. Its about the size of a 90mm but much more forgiving. The 80mm Avanti is a good one as well.
        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post

Hey Gooniac,
          I really appreciate your feedback and really enjoy your Vids! thanks again brother! ;)
          Glad I can help bro! Keep watching! I am always posting more stuff! about to now actually...LOL
          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

NO WAY!! The Stinger 90mm is a good one and then maybe the F-15 after that. As mentioned above, the 80mm L-39 is a great step in the right direction. Its about the size of a 90mm but much more forgiving. The 80mm Avanti is a good one as well.
            Not as a first jet, been flying jets for a new months now. Just as a first 90mm. sorry if there's any confusion on my end.

What are you guys getting flight time wise for the F-15. I picked up a E-flite F4 vs the FW mainly because of flight time.
            Planes
            -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
            -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• More flying this past weekend and lots of good flights to share!

Comment

Not as a first jet, been flying jets for a new months now. Just as a first 90mm. sorry if there's any confusion on my end.

What are you guys getting flight time wise for the F-15. I picked up a E-flite F4 vs the FW mainly because of flight time.
                Yeah I gathered that. Do you have any 80mm? If not then I wouldn't say the F-15 is a good place to start for a larger one. The newer set ups will make it easier to fly but I am not seeing the flight times getting any better unless you use some of the ligher 6000+ batteries that are out there now. I am sure that with the stock set ups and the 6s 50c 6200 that I have been using that a stock powered bird would get at least 3.5-4 min flying time with good throttle management. The stock systems are pretty hard on batteries though...

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

Yeah I gathered that. Do you have any 80mm? If not then I wouldn't say the F-15 is a good place to start for a larger one. The newer set ups will make it easier to fly but I am not seeing the flight times getting any better unless you use some of the ligher 6000+ batteries that are out there now. I am sure that with the stock set ups and the 6s 50c 6200 that I have been using that a stock powered bird would get at least 3.5-4 min flying time with good throttle management. The stock systems are pretty hard on batteries though...
                  The F4 is a 80, have plenty of 70’s

womder if FMS makes a 90mm. Their units seems more efficient? F4 for example, yea it’s a smaller bird (eflite) than FW but I got 6min out of a 5000 just cruising
                  Planes
                  -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                  -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

The F4 is a 80, have plenty of 70’s

womder if FMS makes a 90mm. Their units seems more efficient? F4 for example, yea it’s a smaller bird (eflite) than FW but I got 6min out of a 5000 just cruising
                    Oh yeah! Forgot about that. The F-4 and F-15 should kinda land about the same. You should be fine with the F-15. And yes there is an FMS 90mm out there and its not too hard to fit into the F-15. Its not going to make it much faster but it will for sure help with weight and also increase its flight times by 1 min on the same 5000 battery. It requires less throttle to cruise which but still moving along really well. It works great in this plane so long as you aren't expecting it to go all that much faster than it does stock. I used one in my 90mm F-104 and it is much easier to fly, lighter weight and the batteries are barely warm after flying. Stock the batteries would take a beating!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Walo View Post

Dear Alpha

I am about to order the F15 ARF plus from MRC and wonder whether you could give me your experience with the all new Freewing 6s 4068/1835kva as compared to the older 1680kv high performance edf. I am inclined to installing this new unit as I find the power numbers quite attractive.
                      Hi Walo, the newer power system will fly your F-15 a bit "better" overall. Better is a subjective term of course, but in general you can expect a nice flying experience and balanced power, acceleration, and cruising speed compared to the older setup. If you have flown the original PNP, you'll notice a difference. But if you're flying your 1835kv setup from the start, then I can't give you a meaningful frame of reference over the internet except to say I'm confident you'll enjoy it. Thank you for the opportunity to earn your business!

Speaking of Eagles, here is photo I took the other day of "Baldie", which is the first production F-15 kept at the factory. It is used as a master reference here at the factory, so each time we produce more F-15s the team takes it off the shelf and reviews decal placement, fit, OofO, etc. She's an old bird, but she's served us well over the years.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	187013

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thanks Alpha

You have absolutely convinced me about using the newer 6s inrunner power system.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walo View Post
                          Thanks Alpha

You have absolutely convinced me about using the newer 6s inrunner power system.
                          Walco, glad you are on board!!!! Welcome our Brother!!!!!! ;):Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Wow, that was a bad crash, sorry to see that.

I think I read that the F-18 wasn't going to be ready any time soon, it's just going into production sounds like.
                            Yeah, that was only the second time I had to say "I GOT NOTHIN!" as I watched it turn in nose first. But hey, they all have an expiration date, right? And I did get to fly it some. It sure was a bit hit with most of the guys at the field. And you are correct, it probably will be several months before the F-18 is available. I may just go ahead and pull the trigger on the F-22, or maybe the F-4. I still have an A-4 and an F-86. They are both a blast to fly. I picked up a used SU-35 from a guy at our field. Still haven't put it in the air yet. Had a few things to fix first, but just about ready to go.

Comment

• I have the F-4 also, it's okay, not my favorite but it does fly well, I put the 1680kv in it, short flight times but I have a 1835kv to try in it, just haven't had time to change it out and see if it is better. Haven't flown the F-22 yet, I think it's ugly so I haven't talked myself into it yet, would like to fly one though for fun. The F-15 is hard to beat with the 1835 in it, not much better than the 1680, just a little bit better performance.

Comment

• Maidened my F15 yesterday, wow, I love it. Just did circuits to get used to it [it's my first edf jet] and it is sooooo smooth. All three flights were full power take offs then down to half throttle cruising.
                                Three and a half minute flights, and used just over 60% on my 4500mah 6s packs. More than happy.

Comment

• Wow, nice video, looked like a great flight as well, love those over the water shots.:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by simonslim View Post
                                    Maidened my F15 yesterday, wow, I love it. Just did circuits to get used to it [it's my first edf jet] and it is sooooo smooth. All three flights were full power take offs then down to half throttle cruising.
                                    Three and a half minute flights, and used just over 60% on my 4500mah 6s packs. More than happy.
                                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52s4jDYCf9g
                                    I just posted on your channel. Excellent work to both Simons!
                                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Outstanding video! Well done and congrats!
                                      My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Walco, glad you are on board!!!! Welcome our Brother!!!!!! ;):Cool:
                                        Thanks Hardway

My F15 ARF plus will arrive tomorrow Wednesday from MRC Europe as I am living in Switzerland. I am Pretty much excited about it but it still will take me some time to get the F15 up in the air (Need to order and install power system)!

Meanwhile I am flying the MIG, Mirage 2000, Futura and Avanti and hope all will be going well!?

Comment

• Originally posted by simonslim View Post
                                          Maidened my F15 yesterday, wow, I love it. Just did circuits to get used to it [it's my first edf jet] and it is sooooo smooth. All three flights were full power take offs then down to half throttle cruising.
                                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52s4jDYCf9g
                                          WOW!!!! I really love that perspective! Great video!!! Flying over the water is really cool too... thanks for sharing and great flying!

Comment

Working...
                                          X