Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got off work, didn't fly any RC but this is what I did fly today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	united Airbus.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	226589
    Best regards,
    Cris B.
    AMA#L945841, NASA#2845, JPO#2503,
    NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

• Originally posted by Sekhet View Post
      Just got off work, didn't fly any RC but this is what I did fly today.

Name:	united Airbus.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	226589
      Nice, I'd like to get me one of those, but it won't fit in my truck.
      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

All you need is an SR-6 shrink ray gun:

Name:	despicable-me-vector-luxury-clip-vector-uses-his-shrink-ray-despicable-me.jpg
Views:	1609
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	226628

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
          All you need is an SR-6 shrink ray gun:

Name:	despicable-me-vector-luxury-clip-vector-uses-his-shrink-ray-despicable-me.jpg
Views:	1609
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	226628
          Touche, thank's for a good laugh.
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• The weather was beautiful today, 65 degrees and a 10 knot wind from the north (who cares about a crosswind) so I had to get out some of the WWII fleet. Not very often, even in winter, that the temp stays below 70. Got 4 flights each on my Spitfire, Corsair, 1700mm P-51 and one of my B-24's. Man, I almost forgot how well the Spitfire/Corsair/B-24 fly since I've been working on my proficiency with my EDF's. With the 5000mah in the Spitfire and Corsair, and 2 4000mah in the B-24, I got 10 minutes of flight time on each, can't beat that. Seems the weather may hold one more day so tomorrow it's EDF day. I do feel for all you snowbirds having to park your birds in the hangar for several months, I think I'd go batty if I couldn't fly for that long (wait a minute, I'm already batty)!
            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Elbee
              Elbee commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL...Cold, windy, but sunny here, so be batty for all of us who cannot. Best, LB

• Flew a Mavic Pro photography drone to get a close look at Andrew’s brand new gorgeous FW T-33 Shooting Star in the wild a few days ago. Did not get a chance to edit until tonight. She’s a beauty alright!

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
            Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
            Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

I keep asking if they will let me take it home with me but all they do is give me funny looks...
              Best regards,
              Cris B.
              NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

They get kind of expensive to fly, too.

Though, you can sell rides in them, unlike the typical planes we fly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbinefancy View Post
                  Flew a Mavic Pro photography drone to get a close look at Andrew’s brand new gorgeous FW T-33 Shooting Star in the wild a few days ago. Did not get a chance to edit until tonight. She’s a beauty alright!
                  That sure is a beauty! How 'bout a video of it in the air?
                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Yup, yesterday was another gorgeous day in South Florida! Got out to our field early but about 15 members showed up also (heh, doesn't anybody work anymore? ) There were over 25 planes and jets of all shapes and sizes and it got difficult to get on the flightline (until I announced that an FAA representative was on the way-then everyone ran to their trucks to get their guns). Even so, I got 16 flights in, 4 each with my Avanti, Stinger 90, F-4 Blue Angel and my "Wild Weasel" F-16. The more I fly the F-16, the more I love it. Got the CG to what works for me, around 195mm and it lands like a ***** cat high Alpha with flaperons. I put an RC Geek afterburner in the F-16 (put one in every one of my EDF's), along with the stock ring afterburner the F-16 comes with and it now looks awesome. Gotta say the Avanti flies acrobatics incredibly easy but the Stinger ain't far behind as it is a little faster and smoother. I'm now flying everything on the Admiral 6000mah battery and getting great flight times with little or no loss of performance. And to think just a year or so ago I said I'll never get an EDF because I enjoy the prop warbirds too much. Never say never, as I'm planning on two more new EDF's this year (assuming my wife loans me some cash and I can fit them in the hangar).
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• So much for flying model airplanes today...
                      Scottsdale - Roswell and back in 5.5 hrs.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
                        So much for flying model airplanes today...
                        Scottsdale - Roswell and back in 5.5 hrs.
                        I guess you were going for a $100 hamburger?

That's a good looking aircraft, I bet she's a dream to fly.
                        Best regards,
                        Cris B.
                        NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

• Originally posted by Sekhet View Post

I guess you were going for a $100 hamburger?

That's a good looking aircraft, I bet she's a dream to fly.
                          No burger this time...client initial Training.
                          Pressurized, TIO 540 6 cylinder, twin turbo and 350 HP to 20,600 MSL, Certified ceiling is 25,000’. 195 KTAS at 17,500 in normal cruise at the cost of 19-20 gph. 120gallons Max Fuel.
                          yeah, she is all right.

Comment

• Have been spending the majority of my time on the sim lately. Although I did get out the Lil' dragon yesterday. She's been sittin around too long while learning the fixed wing flights. Was way over due for updates, so I charged 'er up, updated all to be updated, and burned a couple batteries at the local park... while I still can. Was a little weird at first.. had to refresh my finger memory on those sticks! All good fun though...
                            Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• BluesDragon Nice Mavic! Today I flew it's baby brother. I suppose the more juicy question though is what was I filming with it...

Name:	15786828456738196308936610363875.jpg
Views:	519
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	227261
                              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• My wife twisted my arm to get the Mavic 2 Zoom a couple of months ago. (No, really! She did!) DJI makes some nice flying drones with great cameras. One of my goals this year is to get my Part 107 Certification, and start building up the skills and portfolio to be able to go professional with it eventually.

Comment

• AM plans were cancelled so quickly got a few packs charged up and headed out before the wind picked up. I have a personal rule: never take only one plane to the field. All it takes is a minor issue that cant be resolved with the field kit and you're done.

There's an exception to that rule: the Avanti. It never has any issues, never suffers when i come in a bit too steep, never complains if the grass is a bit long or a bit damp. Relaxing slow flight and exhillarating fast stuff. I feel sorry for my other planes because they're always competing for space in the ute (it's a truck) with this thing.

4 great flights with half a dozen landings. I dont know what we did to deserve such an amazing jet.

Also first flights with the new rhino 6s 5000 50c packs. Awesome value pack, hopefully they hold up over time.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200111_100402.jpg Views:	0 Size:	237.5 KB ID:	227307​​

Comment

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post
                                    AM plans were cancelled so quickly got a few packs charged up and headed out before the wind picked up. I have a personal rule: never take only one plane to the field. All it takes is a minor issue that cant be resolved with the field kit and you're done.

There's an exception to that rule: the Avanti. It never has any issues, never suffers when i come in a bit too steep, never complains if the grass is a bit long or a bit damp. Relaxing slow flight and exhillarating fast stuff. I feel sorry for my other planes because they're always competing for space in the ute (it's a truck) with this thing.

4 great flights with half a dozen landings. I dont know what we did to deserve such an amazing jet.

Also first flights with the new rhino 6s 5000 50c packs. Awesome value pack, hopefully they hold up over time.

Click image for larger version Name:	20200111_100402.jpg Views:	0 Size:	237.5 KB ID:	227307​​
                                    Outstanding repaint, looks awesome. With you on the way this flies, one of the few planes I have that I've NEVER had to make any "pilot error" repairs as it seems to correct my miss-steps so well . Always the first in the air because it is so relaxing to fly.
                                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Outstanding repaint, looks awesome. With you on the way this flies, one of the few planes I have that I've NEVER had to make any "pilot error" repairs as it seems to correct my miss-steps so well . Always the first in the air because it is so relaxing to fly.
                                      Last time I had her out I clipped a small tree with the wing tip on final. She wiggled a little and then settled in for a greaser. Honestly it feels like someone else is flying it sometimes lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post
                                        AM plans were cancelled.
                                        MS, Dittos what Hugh wrote. And I do believe I see a tribute to Williams Racing and World Champion Nigel Mansell (Red 5)depicted. I am a fan of both. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                        X