X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Beautiful F-16, wondered how the HSD F-16 flew, saw some interesting videos on it but they seem to recommend not flying off of grass, which is my preferred field. BTW, your field looks immaculate and seems you have it all to yourself. Especially like the wind sock in the back drooping to the ground, looks like an ideal way to spend your time. I'm envious.
    Hugh, this is a big and heavy jet. 15lbs and roughly 1/6 scale. It flies amazing but yes it needs a paved runway. The scale wheels are too small for grass. However, if you want a big jet HSD is releasing the 120mm T-33 in EDF and that one should do better on grass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post

I really need to plan a day to head up there and visit your field again, while our weather is still in the nice, springtime pleasantness.
      You’re welcome anytime- gimme a heads up if ya can. I know I am working this coming Saturday but will probably be out on Sunday.

Comment

• Me and my flying buddy got out for a full day of flying Saturday. Pretty dang windy but it was still a blast. Forgot to take pictures this time but my buddy snapped one of our F16s. I had ALMOST gotten a little bored/tired of my FW F16 to be honest. But, I put the 2210kv inrunner setup in a few months back and now I fly it more than any other 70mm EDF I have. Completely transformed this bird!!! Anyone still running the older outrunner setup, it is money well spent on the new setup!!

Comment

• Spent Sunday doing some social distancing, knocking out cross country requirements for a CPL. Then, I stopped by the RC field on the way back from the airport and flew the 600 Huey, LX B-25, and 450 Huey.

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

You’re welcome anytime- gimme a heads up if ya can. I know I am working this coming Saturday but will probably be out on Sunday.
            With the current quarantine and social distancing measures, it's hard to say when they're going to decide to restrict being out and about even further. We had thought about arranging a trip out there on a Saturday, so I could fly a bit, and then we could hit a couple of shops in the Phoenix Metro that my wife really likes visiting, but with non-essential businesses either completely shut down, or else severely curtailed, that kind of trip is going to have to be put on hold. Quilt and fabric shops don't really qualify as "essential businesses."

If we wait until this virus runs its course, though, we're looking at delaying until full-up summer weather before we can get out there.

Comment

• Still waiting for the rain and wind to clear. Been jonesing to fly, especially with this quarantine. Luckily I fly at a local school so nobody is around. Just need the weather to cooperate!
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post

With the current quarantine and social distancing measures, it's hard to say when they're going to decide to restrict being out and about even further. We had thought about arranging a trip out there on a Saturday, so I could fly a bit, and then we could hit a couple of shops in the Phoenix Metro that my wife really likes visiting, but with non-essential businesses either completely shut down, or else severely curtailed, that kind of trip is going to have to be put on hold. Quilt and fabric shops don't really qualify as "essential businesses."

If we wait until this virus runs its course, though, we're looking at delaying until full-up summer weather before we can get out there.
                Agree- we’ll get through this first...and I’ll leave the porch light on.

Comment

• Fun flight, not-so fun landing. (Read the description below video on YT for explanation if desired...)

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                    Fun flight, not-so fun landing.
                    Aros, OUCH.......repairable? Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Yes, after some choice expletives penetrated the local airspace I was happy to discover upon closer inspection there was no damage to the airframe/gear...Just some small cosmetic issues (canopy came off, broken nose cone/pitot, part of a missile) easily repairable. It really looked bad from afar. I lucked out that time! Whew!
                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• You have that beautiful flat track to land on, why the grass
                        Warbird Charlie
                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                          You have that beautiful flat track to land on, why the grass
                          Simple. Right next to that beautiful flat track is a chain link fence that just LOVES to eat RC airplanes. Ask me how I know.

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                            Yes, after some choice expletives penetrated the local airspace I was happy to discover upon closer inspection there was no damage to the airframe/gear...Just some small cosmetic issues (canopy came off, broken nose cone/pitot, part of a missile) easily repairable. It really looked bad from afar. I lucked out that time! Whew!
                            At least you're able to get out there to fly. The take-off and flight looked so good up till the end, could tell you rushed it a bit, happens to me all the time, I get brain lock at the end. And we know it immediately and say why in the world did I just do that? Unfortunately, the pilot didn't even have enough time to eject. But at least it's repairable, and you will be working on repairs after a flight, instead of looking for things to do on a plane that hasn't been up for a while and may not get up for at least a month. The good news is you'll have this bird back in the air while the rest of us are sitting around acting stupid hoping for those who are able to fly to post a video and so we can continue to live vicariously through you.
                            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• 4 after work flights yesterday on the way home.

FMS really did a good job on this plane. Almost too easy really. Stock 1850kv FMS EDF is just ok. I think it's time to put a FW 2210kv in it instead!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200402_185603533_HDR.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	252.9 KB
ID:	246455Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200402_185620746_HDR.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	246454
                              Attached Files

Comment

• I really like the splinter camo they used on their Viper. It's a great flying plane and even better looking, in my opinion! Especially for the ViperJet, it's nice to see a scheme other than the HPAT or other schemes that SAPAC did years ago. This one really feels fresh and flows will with the airplane.

Speaking of splinter camo, and in a thread that sometimes covers airplane transport, I wanted to share a funny photo I shot of my friend Dan's transportation solution. This is a while ago but it still gets the point across that many of us will go to great lengths to fit airplanes in cars. I'm well aware that, like us, many manufacturers of medium and larger planes consider the average dimensions of common vehicles when designing planes. It's no fun if something is so big it can't easily fit in the car, since we're not all TiredIrons with flying fields in our backyard.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4333.JPG
Views:	432
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	246540
                                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• flew multiplex fun cub today, fair weather in az...nice flying airplane

Comment

• Fitting planes into a vehicle is always a challenge. I added a "second deck" to the back of my truck to accommodate more planes.

Comment

• Challenging indeed! I'm gonna need a van, to live in down by the river, if I go any bigger!
                                      Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Well, I killed an Invader today. My 91" Phoenix Model A-26. I'd screwed up the approach and powered up for a do-over. Unfortunately, the right prop liberated itself from the motor. I was too low, too slow, and in too poor of an attitude to do anything but watch the Invader slam into the ground. Hated losing the plane, but losses are part of the game. If HH/Tower Hobby doesn't kill off the Phoenix Model line, I'll probably buy a replacement ARF. All the electronics (the really expensive part of the plane) are still good (to the best of my knowledge).

---
                                        Warbirder

Comment

• Oxotnik , Whoa, sorry to see that, condolences. Best, LB
                                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X