Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Oldie-but-Goodie...the Freewing F-18 V2. A complete rebuild that took a few years was amazing to see during a re-maiden. What happens next is heartbreaking!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post
      An Oldie-but-Goodie...the Freewing F-18 V2. A complete rebuild that took a few years was amazing to see during a re-maiden. What happens next is heartbreaking!

https://youtu.be/ofuczkSlzhM
      Definitely heartbreaking. Although I have to say, the pitch down after gear and full flaps being deployed looked a lot more severe than just adding some elevator compensation for the flaps, but then I could be wrong-don't want to go against the findings of the NTSB. With full flaps and gear, my elevator compensation on my F-18 is about -13% (but that's to keep it with a nose up attitude at less than 50% throttle). I would think that you would have still had enough time to pull it up enough to avoid a lawn dart incident, although you did get it up at the end before it went in. Possibly at that slower speed and no delay on the flaps (I think it was reported that you also forgot to add any delay in the flaps), it was like putting the breaks on immediately in mid air. Anyway, nice to have a great wifey that got you another EDF (my wife would be cheering and then hiding my credit card-more room for purses and shoes).
      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Finally had a nice day for flying with winds 10-12 mph and temps around 60. It's been 30-35 mph the last two weeks (kind of typical for our winter) so this was a real gift. We had about 14 pilots and over 25 aircraft (over a dozen that were large turbine or gas beasts) out to our field today so I guess I wasn't the only one watching the wind apps and getting some relief from cabin fever. And thankfully there was no covid anywhere to be seen. Got in 20 flights on 5 different aircraft, and the majority of flights I had the airspace to myself (I guess when the other pilots see me out there, they go and run for cover). I did get to fly my Corsair several times in formation with RudyD54 and his Spitfire. We both have the Mr. RC sound system in so it was kind of fun to watch and listen. Even the turbine/gas guys got a kick out of the foamies with sound!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210204_114728.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	254.3 KB
ID:	297974Click image for larger version

Name:	20210204_114709.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	298.8 KB
ID:	297975
        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Really odd summer in this part of the world due to the la Nina ocean pattern which has been driving the weather. Cold and windy as opposed to stifling heat and dead calm. So, nice to get a pleasant morning in at the field.

Maiden flights of my replacement AL37, went off without a hitch and great to have it back in the fleet. And not quite a maiden but had the recently acquired A-10 out with its finished suite of 3DP weapons and sensors.

Early start and then cleared out before the gassers took over lol

Name:	20210205_191753.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	332.8 KB
ID:	298238Click image for larger version

Name:	20210122_201809.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	298239

Comment

• mshagg love your ordinance array on the A-10 and the AL37 is sweet. Bravo!
            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• I was out this morning flying my Mini Turbo Timber in the snow with floats on it. Only made one three minute flight due to the cold. The temp this morning was - 2 degrees below. Took off the side walk flew over Walgreens, over the Church across the street a few circuits landed on the side walk, then right back in the House BURRR!!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	TT1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.4 KB ID:	298318Click image for larger version  Name:	TT2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	95.2 KB ID:	298319

Comment

• Got to fly a new to me 1600mm Freewing MkIV Spitfire and a friend let me fly his Freewing T-33. Both flew really well, it was a fun time at our local field today.

Comment

• Originally posted by P51DPLT View Post
                  Got to fly...it was a fun time at our local field today.
                  P5, Welcome to "The Squawk". Glad to have you onboard. Best, LB
                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Enjoying alternating flights with the A-10 and Avanti here at Florida JetFest.
                    Attached Files
                    Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                    Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post
                      Enjoying alternating flights with the A-10 and Avanti here at Florida JetFest.
                      Good lookin' Hawg, Lon. You looked truly unstressed. Best, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Got out today with a few prop warbirds and the A-10 and got in 18 flights. Excellent weather, pretty much had the field to myself as there was only 1 other pilot flying his turbine, and we fly together a lot during the week, so we took turns and had the sky to ourselves. Last time I'll get out this month as I'm taking the wife to "RatVille" (Disney for all you international folks and a place I really hate) till the end of the month. OMG, all I can think of is all the new aircraft I could buy with the cost of spending 20 days in that Hell Hole, but my wife is an addict and she puts up with my RC hobby, so that's the least I can do.

The Corsair, Spitfire and A-10, as usual, flew outstanding (the planes doing, not mine). The P-51, as it seems like most FMS or E-Flight props and some of their EDF's, is still a dog, but with a much lighter battery like a 4000 mAh, it's not too bad. Sound system and it's large size sort of make up for it.

Name:	20210209_102507.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	303.9 KB
ID:	298756Click image for larger version

Name:	20210209_102448.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	322.8 KB
ID:	298757
                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• If its the Disney I've been to,,, Anaheim wasn't special.?.. always a laugh Hugh,,

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
                            If its the Disney I've been to,,, Anaheim wasn't special.?.. always a laugh Hugh,,
                            No, this is Disney World in Orlando, Florida, with Universal Studios and Sea World near by, so it's a mega-money sucking experience. From what I hear, Disney Land in California has been shut down for some time and may never re-open. But I'm sure both are similar, just not my cup of tea. I'd rather take a vacation to someplace beautiful and exotic, like maybe a place called Australia (if you've heard of it) and head out to the Coral Sea for some world class diving! Now that's what I'm talking about.
                            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Wrong thread 4 a conversation,,, oh well,,, but I imagine diving truck lagoon u should no it not far from me... f4u s Betty bombers freekin zeros cool as..
                              Hell b4 they plant us.... let's go there Australia is not exotic,,,,, just small outpost ..... but long ways away b safe

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                                Last time I'll get out this month as I'm taking the wife to Disney till the end of the month.
                                Hugh, I feel for you, Brother. You're a good man and she a good woman. Say 'Hello' to Goofy for me. Best, LB

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I am having withdraws. I have not been able to get out and fly for a week. Just to cold. Our temps here in the Black hills have been in the Deep Freeze minus single digits of -4 or lower during the day and -10 to -20 degrees at night and that is not with the Wind chill added in. Temps will be back up to 40 degrees by next Friday. Then I can get out and fly. Here is how I have been cleaning my side walks and Decks. With the fluffy snow it is easy to clean up every thing

Click image for larger version  Name:	www1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	111.5 KB ID:	299193Click image for larger version  Name:	www2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	164.7 KB ID:	299194

Comment

• Got out today with a 70mm Super Viper on snow skis!

Comment

• Originally posted by RCFlyer271 View Post
                                      Got out today with a 70mm Super Viper on snow skis!
                                      Very cool
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Really wanted to get out and put a plane up in the snow storm that was upon N. Texas today. But I didn’t want to risk getting my van stuck in the snow. The field is down hill and there aren’t any snow plows running up and down every street in this area.

So, I took a chance and put up my Mavic Pro in the middle of a snow storm, with temps right at “0” degrees wind chill factor. Well below the recommended temps. Just had to see what it would do!

Comment

• Texas and sno...,, u kidding never expected that.... that would b fun.... in winter thats about 3 hours from me ,,,, butno skids on my corsair.. dont hav any trainers now,,, crAshd em all learnning... i imagine water floats close enough ,,, will do it

Comment

Working...
                                          X