Clear All

• Got in a few quick flights with the P-47 this morning

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210402_111448809.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	214.8 KB
ID:	307082

Comment

• I did get to go fly this morning took the F-4U Corsair, and the Mamba 10. The Mamba 10 is a great little 3D plane

Click image for larger version  Name:	MC1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	183.9 KB ID:	307086

Comment

• Corsair looks good! Love that plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by 406PIlot View Post
          Corsair looks good! Love that plane.
          COOL graphics on that P-47. 406Pilot I need to get up there one of these days

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Man View Post

COOL graphics on that P-47. 406Pilot I need to get up there one of these days

I believe our club fly-in is the weekend after father's day. I need to double check that though

Comment

• My buddy Gravy built and test flew this Roban 700 Apache and then sold it to me, so I got it ready and test flew it, had some vibrations so I made some adjustments and got a short video of it now after adjustments, seems to be fine and smooth, it just some touch and goes on my plywood pad.

Comment

• We went out this morning early and did a lot of flying Flew my Cessna 150 for just over 1 hour. With the Admiral 6 cell 6000 50c I am getting just over 15 minutes with the batteries at around 30% or 3.8 per cell. The one 6 cell 7000 30c Kinexsis I can get close to 20 minutes flight time with 30% left also flew the Mamba and the T-33 many times. The T-33 I haven't flown for months and it shows LOL!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBNS_pLJrbc I plan on going out later this afternoon and take a few other Birds

Name:	April 4-2.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	178.1 KB
ID:	307280

Comment

• Got out this afternoon for a good 4-5 hours. Did some more flights on the p-47 and the airliner.

The airliner flys so we'll. It's the only plane I love doing touch and goes with. Wheelie and come around do it again rinse repeat hahah

Name:	IMG_20210404_161511895~2.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	213.8 KB
ID:	307317

Comment

• I did get out this evening and flew some more. Took out one of my bi-planes and the Twin 70 mm FMS A-10 I hadn't flown the Waco for months, it has great scale flight characteristics. The FMS 70 mm Twin A-10 hadn't been out for a while either. Wanted to get Hat cam video's of both, but I forgot the GO-Pro. but I did get photo's. Nice Liner 406Pilot I need to get mine done I keep pushing it back in the line up LOL!!!!
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	easter2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	109.3 KB ID:	307378Click image for larger version  Name:	easter1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.2 KB ID:	307379

Comment

• Got some great flights on my OV10, Tigercat, & Pandora. Had a bit of damage on the OV10 as I stalled it on landing resulting in bending the nose and right strut assemblies, I have ordered some replacement parts and it will be ready to go for next weekend! The pic of the Tcat is in my trailer since I was ready to leave for the day. I got lot of folks liking the OV10 and they were asking where I got it from and of course I said its from Motion RC.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	tcattrailer.jpg Views:	0 Size:	156.3 KB ID:	307383Click image for larger version  Name:	ov10strut.jpg Views:	0 Size:	116.0 KB ID:	307384Click image for larger version  Name:	ov10strut1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.4 KB ID:	307385

Comment

• A few flights with the Corsair and recently completed L-19 this morning.

Name:	18EFFDDE-1D6E-48A1-A308-9CC4B98325E8.jpeg
Views:	344
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	307471

Comment

• [QUOTE=EA-6B Geek;n307470]A few flights with the Corsair and recently completed L-19 this morning.

That is one great looking RC field. How long and how wide is the runway. The pit area looks awesome too. The Whole State of SD doesn't have anything that even comes close . Most of the RC fields are mowed down Cow pastures. That is why I and a few others use the 1,000 ft parking lot South of our Fair Grounds here in Rapid City SD

Comment

• [QUOTE=Wild Man;n307589]
                            Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
                            A few flights with the Corsair and recently completed L-19 this morning.

That is one great looking RC field. How long and how wide is the runway. The pit area looks awesome too. The Whole State of SD doesn't have anything that even comes close . Most of the RC fields are mowed down Cow pastures. That is why I and a few others use the 1,000 ft parking lot South of our Fair Grounds here in Rapid City SD
                            It’s an amazing field, and I’m lucky to live close by. Deer Creek State Park in central Ohio. The runway is 900x50.

Comment

• [QUOTE=EA-6B Geek;n307591]
                              Originally posted by Wild Man View Post

It’s an amazing field, and I’m lucky to live close by. Deer Creek State Park in central Ohio. The runway is 900x50.
                              That's fantastic. What a runway!

Comment

• Got out yesterday despite it being quite blustery and windy, 16-23 mph, but just had to get my weekly fix of flying in. Was able to get in 20 flights in total on 5 aircraft that I feel somewhat comfortable taking out in windy conditions and luckily was able to complete the day with no "mishaps".

On another note, hate to be the bearer of bad news (and most of you probably already know this), but according to the MRC website, they are having a price increase of 10% on all FW & FL models effective May 15th, and 6% and 12% respectively by May 31st on Black Horse and Nexa aircraft. So if you're on the fence about getting a particular model , GET OFF THE FENCE before those dates and pull the trigger. I'm explaining it to my wife as a special discount sale (something she understands)! I'm guessing Aros will be quite busy on May 14th updating the website, so we won't be hearing much out of him for a few days surrounding those dates.

Name:	20210407_104537.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	320.7 KB
ID:	307856Click image for larger version

Name:	20210407_104611.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	298.6 KB
ID:	307857
                                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Just getting crazy with these price increases, now I need to tell my work that I need a pay increase to buy more foam toys, well in my case I sold all my foam EDF jets to get into the big Roban scale helis, wonder if there will be a price increase in on them as well

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                                    On another note, hate to be the bearer of bad news (and most of you probably already know this), but according to the MRC website, they are having a price increase of 10% on all FW & FL models effective May 15th, and 6% and 12% respectively by May 31st on Black Horse and Nexa aircraft. So if you're on the fence about getting a particular model , GET OFF THE FENCE before those dates and pull the trigger. I'm explaining it to my wife as a special discount sale (something she understands)! I'm guessing Aros will be quite busy on May 14th updating the website, so we won't be hearing much out of him for a few days surrounding those dates.

Name:	20210407_104537.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	320.7 KB
ID:	307856Click image for larger version

Name:	20210407_104611.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	298.6 KB
ID:	307857
                                    That just means for me is that I will not be buying this year and the next.
                                    AMA 424553

Comment

• With the 37% exchange on the dollar for me; house renos and prices up; looks like Dynam again...Argh!....Hawker Hunter looks like a good bet though at $209.00...

Comment

• Nice boring flights with my Blue Angel today. These days boring is very, very good for me.

My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                          Nice boring flights with my Blue Angel today. These days boring is very, very good for me.
                                          Aros, Lookin' good there, Pards. Best, LB
                                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X