• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• standing by............
    rc flyin addict

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhnybgd View Post
      I just hope it is truly grass friendly

BTW when are the nose gear pins going to be back in stock for the F4?
      I also hope this one is 420 friendly!!!:wacky:Silly:

Comment

• With all the hype.... I hope it is not a big disappointment !!! I would rather they handle it like FMS, they have been knocking it out of the park at a lot quicker pace without all the fan fair and bling that MRC generates.. Kinda like fake news.. Over time you end up tuning it out and ends up like. "Who cares anymore" and move on to other things.
        My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

• Originally posted by Apache Jets View Post
          With all the hype.... I hope it is not a big disappointment !!! I would rather they handle it like FMS, they have been knocking it out of the park at a lot quicker pace without all the fan fair and bling that MRC generates.. Kinda like fake news.. Over time you end up tuning it out and ends up like. "Who cares anymore" and move on to other things.
          I'll take Motion over FMS any day. Take the A-10 FM doesn't hold a candle. I

Mike
          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• I beg to differ on the A10. Smaller easier to transport and flys on rails. Also 150 dollars cheaper, plus another hundred off if you count the extra battery pack you have to buy for the money put freewing. And you dont have to modify the gear to keep it from bouncing. Finally I never needed any thrust line modification, as mine never dipped the nose or anything from idle to max throttle. I will say (although I do this with near every large servo numbered plane), I did add an external bec for a safety measure. The original escs are still going strong even in 100+ degree heat. I believe it's all in how you set up and treat your equipment. But as it stands. 0 issues out of my A10, the only foul was, it doesn't hold up well to road signs. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
              I beg to differ on the A10. Smaller easier to transport and flys on rails. Also 150 dollars cheaper, plus another hundred off if you count the extra battery pack you have to buy for the money put freewing. And you dont have to modify the gear to keep it from bouncing. Finally I never needed any thrust line modification, as mine never dipped the nose or anything from idle to max throttle. I will say (although I do this with near every large servo numbered plane), I did add an external bec for a safety measure. The original escs are still going strong even in 100+ degree heat. I believe it's all in how you set up and treat your equipment. But as it stands. 0 issues out of my A10, the only foul was, it doesn't hold up well to road signs. LOL
              To each there own. My experience with a friends had nothing to do with the size but the quality of the retracts ( failed on the 1st flight) and servos (nervous and won't center).. I base my opinion on that and that alone. I've experienced similar shortcomings in other FMS products. To this day all my FMS air-frames are still going strong without a single issue..

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

I'll take Motion over FMS any day. Take the A-10 FM doesn't hold a candle. I

Mike
                Well now! I would probably bet 20 bucks that FMS is the foundry plant that actually produces some of if not all of the Freewing/Flightline models. Call it just a hunch. Hmmm FMS, could that mean, Foam Molding Specialties? I have had a few FMS models, and sincerely there not perfect, (non are) but the fit and especially the finish are second to none. Just say en.

Best Regards
                Woody

PS, I have solid faith in both FMS & FW/FL. I favor FW/FL because of the great Motion customer service. But FMS products are in fact good products, and I know this from experience. W

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

To each there own. My experience with a friends had nothing to do with the size but the quality of the retracts ( failed on the 1st flight) and servos (nervous and won't center).. I base my opinion on that and that alone. I've experienced similar shortcomings in other FMS products. To this day all my FMS air-frames are still going strong without a single issue..

Mike
                  Ya know Mike, servos just ain't what they use to be. But god there so cheap these days, I have a hard time fathoming how they make them so cheap. If you consider the mass quantity there making I'm surprised there's not more failures. That's why I test em, and test em, and test em., haven't found a bad one yet, (I have about 24 models) But I always hear and read about failures. Just haven't had anything happen to me yet. If I see anything get the slightest bit twitchy I would change it out. But everything I got has been rock solid. I have 5 Dynam planes. Servos all good.

Ya know in the old days, (1971) servos never failed, at least I never heard of a servo failure.

Woody

Comment

• My retracts handle a field with 4inch tall grass without missing a beat. No sign of trying to rip loose, as my p38 just did Sunday. However that seem to be a problem with most all the brands mounts. Just didn't seem to have much glue on the mount to handle that much weight on a grass field. To its credit I will say it did hold up until it stopped saving my props and its underbelly from getting scrapped up.

Comment

• You guys missed my point entirely.. I wasn't pitting FMS against MRC.. I was commenting on the fan fair and hopla on their product announcements.. FMS... F-18F, F-16, T-45... Boom.. They were there..
                      My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

• They all have great products..

Comment

They all have great products..
                          Yea, I kinda did. My sincere apology. But I do hear ya, and agree 100%. Bottom line Apache, I got them all tuned out all of the time. LOL, This is something I do when I have a little down time at work.

Woody

PS Ya better keep that stinger away from me!

Comment

You guys missed my point entirely.. I wasn't pitting FMS against MRC.. I was commenting on the fan fair and hopla on their product announcements.. FMS... F-18F, F-16, T-45... Boom.. They were there..
                            No I got the point. You think FMS handles new releases better than Motion. I also don't agree with "boom, they were there". No worries carry on..

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx
                              Of course they do, I'm just not gonna stand by when someone cuts down my plane that flys to perfection. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Especially when theres not a damn thing wrong with it. As evident in this video.
                              I didn't cut "your plane down" I posted my thoughts on FMS products from MY experience. Get over yourself..........................................

Mike.

Comment

• I don't need all the ballons, conffeti, and dancing girls on a product announcements.

Comment

I don't need all the ballons, conffeti, and dancing girls on a product announcements.
                                  I must have missed all of that from Motion. Normally it's the pre order buyers that do all that.

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx
                                    Of course they do, I'm just not gonna stand by when someone cuts down my plane that flys to perfection. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Especially when theres not a damn thing wrong with it. As evident in this video.
                                    Nice flying Rifleman! Watch out for them sign boards.

Woody

PS I got the 65mm A-10 from freewing. Havent assembled it yet though. Looking forward to it. Have realized something, no one ever posts about it anymore. Has me just a bit worried.

Comment

• OK gents..... ;) Group hug!!! And a tequila shot for all!!! :Drinks:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                        OK gents..... ;) Group hug!!! And a tequila shot for all!!! :Drinks:
                                        @#%&........
                                        Best Regards
                                        Woody

Comment

Working...
                                        X