Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by barron06 View Post
    Phantom 463
    According to another poster, they demisions on the exhaust are 52ID-65ODmm. These are the closest I've found but they may require a little grinding on the id (if possible) so as not to affect the eflux:
    http://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?r...roduct_id=4924
    Here's a video with what I think is a really cool afterburner implementation... I'd really like to know where this came from, but even though the guy being interviewed by the announcer says the name of the company, I can't quite understand it (something-lights?). Anyone know?

Comment

• I saw that thing fly at the Nall then. It was very impressive.

Comment

• I think the Phantom looks 100% better in the navy scheme, but the AF colors should be easier to see in the air.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolpertinger View Post
          You have to love that camo version (preordered) but leaning towards buying an ARF and doing a Sundowners version 8 cell

Goooooooooo Navy........

Just wait to see if they decide to do a grey livery of some type or better yet a base gray version later. It would save you some work.

Comment

• Originally posted by apmech1 View Post
            I am ecsatic over this plane. The Marine in me wants a grey USMC version, but this SEA camo edition looks too good to repaint. IMHO you guys @MRC & Freewing made awesome decisions. No inner gear doors, single 90 w/9 blade fan, no complicated slat system helps keep cost down and better performance, and I appreciate what you guys did! Thank you!
            I would most likely get the SEA camo if there were more options . But I can already imagine someone hesitating weather to paint over that excellent paint work just to have their dream livery.
            Having a grey model would ease the guiltiness for many. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post

Just wait to see if they decide to do a grey livery of some type or better yet a base gray version later. It would save you some work.
              I don't have enough patience to find out "if" they will do that. LOL It won't be that difficult to repaint over the SEA camo. The bottom is already white. No debate at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by barron06 View Post
                Phantom 463
                According to another poster, they demisions on the exhaust are 52ID-65ODmm. These are the closest I've found but they may require a little grinding on the id (if possible) so as not to affect the eflux:
                http://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?r...roduct_id=4924
                Never mind
                My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

I would most likely get the SEA camo if there were more options . But I can already imagine someone hesitating weather to paint over that excellent paint work just to have their dream livery.
                  Having a grey model would ease the guiltiness for many. lol
                  Too true!

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
                    Those disappointed with only the SEA scheme need some pills that chill. The fact this bird has been just short of screamed to be produced, is produced, and there are still complaints disguised as "recommendations?" Let's not poke the bear with this stuff, only days after its announcement. Trust the plan; perhaps they wanted to test the market with jungle and may add another scheme later. Otherwise make it a fun project to customize how you prefer!

Certainly all that are posting here are appreciative. But before we go trying to make improvements from our armchairs, let's just smile and be thankful yes?
                    I am not disappointed at all with the SEA scheme, heck this is my preferred scheme. But as you well know one option is never a one size fits all for many. Everyone has their dream livery. And with a model like the F-4 that was in wide spread use there were many more liveries for the Grey Navy versions. I am sure if there was even a base Grey version like the one offered for the Hawk T1 intended for full customizing that it would be just as popular as the SEA.
                    I am even more surprised that the Base Gray option is not available on models that are even more popular than the Hawk.
                    So my recommendation was for there to be a gray version later on once production got going and delivered to offer more options for future customers or even 2nd time buyers that are happy with the SEA camo but are wanting to do one in a favorite Navy or Marine Livery.

Click image for larger version  Name:	freewing-6s-hawk-t1-base-gray.jpg Views:	1 Size:	108.0 KB ID:	118029

Comment

• If I like the paint scheme of a model, but am on the fence over a repaint, i wait for a mishap. If the stock paint gets worn or I crash, then i do a repaint. I cartwheeled with my FMS corsair and had to replace the wings. So i repainted to a more scale blue and added some vinyl from calie graphics and bam! New plane ;)

Comment

• Here's some F-4 pictures I shot on one of my Route 66 trips...

Click image for larger version

Name:	595905143753367.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	118039

Name:	595905083753373.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	118038

Name:	595905050420043.jpg
Views:	538
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	118037

Name:	595904990420049.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	118036
                        TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Nice pics, George! I love the way that Phantom is displayed. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• I was thinking about these

Comment

• Originally posted by RickVB View Post

Here's a video with what I think is a really cool afterburner implementation... I'd really like to know where this came from, but even though the guy being interviewed by the announcer says the name of the company, I can't quite understand it (something-lights?). Anyone know?
                              So I went to the horses' mouth and asked Ali Machinchy where they came from. His response:

-----------
                              Rick

These lights were produced by an Austrian company called Uni Light. They are sold in the USA by Dreamworks. Here is a link:
                              http://www.dreamworksrc.com/catalog/...ng/Afterburner
                              ----------

Not sure if they have the entire line listed (I haven't gone through the manufacturer's whole site yet), but the company is at http://www.unilight.at. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they make a ring small enough for this F-4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                Thanks, Robert, and welcome, lomcevac!

Thank you to everyone for your support and excitement. With each new product we are really encouraged by the growth these categories are seeing in terms of interest and retention. Spread the word and invite someone new to experience this hobby we all love!
                                In the spirit of passing the torch to the next generation, my 8 year old son at a recent indoor that the club held. Learning to fly an Inductrix and doing quite well with it. He is now on his third one and it has lasted more than a week. LOL He has improved not just in flying skill but also his patience in not tearing into fixing it without my help.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180113_160635.jpg Views:	1 Size:	67.8 KB ID:	118082

Comment

• THAT - ^^ - is the best picture in this whole thread. His concentration is palpable.

Way to go, Dad!. :Cool:

Comment

• Bravo Zulu, Steve! I agree with PikeStaff, best picture in the thread.
                                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• He is pilot Nathan. I am the event coordinator of our club and we are trying to arrange an event for a local boy scout troupe to come out to the field for some hands on buddy boxing, flight sim time, maybe some FPV ride-a-longs and possibly some AMA ALPHA's. No similarity to our own Alpha...

http://www.modelaircraft.org/shopama...B89ACC24A02&d=

Comment

• That is AWESOME!
                                        My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

I am not disappointed at all with the SEA scheme, heck this is my preferred scheme. But as you well know one option is never a one size fits all for many. Everyone has their dream livery. And with a model like the F-4 that was in wide spread use there were many more liveries for the Grey Navy versions. I am sure if there was even a base Grey version like the one offered for the Hawk T1 intended for full customizing that it would be just as popular as the SEA.
                                          I am even more surprised that the Base Gray option is not available on models that are even more popular than the Hawk.
                                          So my recommendation was for there to be a gray version later on once production got going and delivered to offer more options for future customers or even 2nd time buyers that are happy with the SEA camo but are wanting to do one in a favorite Navy or Marine Livery.

Click image for larger version Name:	freewing-6s-hawk-t1-base-gray.jpg Views:	1 Size:	108.0 KB ID:	118029
                                          I absolutely love that picture LOL

Comment

Working...
                                          X