X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gordon View Post
    Think it has to be the Alcock and Brown markings then. Happy Christmas to you all from the U.K.
    Gordon, And a Very Merry New Year to you, Sir. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hallo Cordon,wo bekommt man diese Decals?

Gruß Roland

Comment

• Here are photos of the grey Phantom straight outa the box. Completely clean, all grey, white on the bottom, just like a brand new one from the factory at St. Louis. The black non skid walkways for the fuselage are part of the decal sheet. Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	1 Size:	165.7 KB ID:	169049Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	1 Size:	129.0 KB ID:	169050Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	1 Size:	178.5 KB ID:	169052Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	1 Size:	143.6 KB ID:	169051

Comment

• I expected the black anti glare and walkway to be preapplied…

EA6B what's your current dirt bikes?

Comment

• Hey Evan.
            I expected those walkways and the black anti glare around the canopy on the nose to be pre-applied. I think this is better. We can all do it the way we want!

Not to go astray from the thread but, primarily vintage Suzukis, a few TM400's, 79' RM125, an RM370, 82' RM250. Mainly been riding a 71 AJS Stormer for the last two years.

Comment

• For those that have the Grey version, Are the red stripes for the sundowners scheme that go on vertical stab water slide or vinyl ? Thanks

Comment

• Awesome! Great choices

Comment

• Hangflieger, normalerweise kaufen alle die Decals hier:

Below are our current offerings for this plane.Not sure what scale your model is?  Check out our Scale Help page to find out.  If your scale isn't listed, no worries!  We are always happy to make up a smaller/larger scale or an in-between size.  Contact Us for a price.

Die von Gordon ist allerdings noch nicht verfügbar. Keine Ahnung ob er die Decoration selber machen wird oder durch Callie..

Comment

• Thank you all very much for the photos and other information.
                    I have now ordered a grey 8s phantom and am totally busting for it to arrive.

thank you all again, and I hope you all have a happy New year.

Gordon Fraser.
                    U.K.

Comment

• I haven't even maidened my SEA F4 and I'm already considering a gray F4 :Confused:

May need to check myself into a rehab facility.

Comment

Thank you all very much for the photos and other information.
                        I have now ordered a grey 8s phantom and am totally busting for it to arrive.

thank you all again, and I hope you all have a happy New year.

Gordon Fraser.
                        U.K.
                        If you used the included decals, you need to paint the vertical stab white, you only get the red stripes. I got Callie Graphics for mine, you get red/white decal for the stab
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
                          I haven't even maidened my SEA F4 and I'm already considering a gray F4 :Confused: May need to check myself into a rehab facility.
                          PPG, Nope, you are just fine. I am, however, stripping and painting my SEA to Navy gray/white and do feel a bit behind the curve. LOL Best, LB

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Still feeling very taken by the RAF Alcock and Brown markings.
                            very smart and very tastefully done. Thing is, I also really like the Sundowners too.
                            it's a nice problem to have though.
                            The Sundowner has and will be done, but not the RAF one.
                            I am probably going to send Callie a set of 1/32nd scale decals that I have for the RAF markings as a guide, and get her to make up a set of marking to fit the Freewing Phantom.

Gordon Fraser.
                            U.K.

Comment

• Comment

• Hey buddy, how's the weather there? Cold for a change in Southern California.

Look, I'm offering a little feed back concerning your paint job, because you ask for it. I always say to each their own. But If it were me I would go with something a little more traditional. I think your paint job looks a little too much like a flying advertising bill board.

I like this:

Yes it plain, but very elegant. Just sharing my thought's because you ask mate.

Best Regards
                                Woody

Comment

Still feeling very taken by the RAF Alcock and Brown markings.very smart and very tastefully done. The Sundowner has and will be done, but not the RAF one.I am probably going to send Callie a set of 1/32nd scale decals that I have for the RAF markings as a guide, and get her to make up a set of marking to fit the Freewing Phantom.
                                  Gordon, I did exactly that (1/48th Academy F-4B Sundowners). I sent those to Callie and she did an incredible job recreating the sheets. I will need to trim a bit here and there to make a perfect fit, though much easier than masking and painting. Whichever you choose, you can always do the other at a later date. I am going to do another of our old group (KsANG184th TFG Fighting Jayhawks circa 1984-88) in the not too distant future. Also, like the VMFA 321 Marine Presentation F-4J 3904. Best, LB

Click image for larger version  Name:	f4d phantom127-tfs ks ang.jpg Views:	1 Size:	65.3 KB ID:	169204Click image for larger version  Name:	AeroMaster_48-500_Instructions1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	157.9 KB ID:	169205
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I will admit that the above Royal Navy Phantom was a very hard scheme to walk away from, and Callie Graphics even has a set of decals for exactly these markings.

VERY hard to settle on a scheme. They all look great.

Gordon.

Comment

I will admit that the above Royal Navy Phantom was a very hard scheme to walk away.VERY hard to settle on a scheme. They all look great. Gordon.
                                      G, yes they do. I have been looking at RAF liveries now. Subtle and gorgeous. Best, LB

Click image for larger version  Name:	9_59.jpg Views:	1 Size:	50.1 KB ID:	169375Click image for larger version  Name:	9_55_b1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	50.2 KB ID:	169376Click image for larger version  Name:	9_72.jpg Views:	1 Size:	62.1 KB ID:	169377Click image for larger version  Name:	Spook.jpg Views:	1 Size:	14.4 KB ID:	169378
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

I will admit that the above Royal Navy Phantom was a very hard scheme to walk away from, and Callie Graphics even has a set of decals for exactly these markings.

VERY hard to settle on a scheme. They all look great.

Gordon.
                                        Hey Gordon, the only opinion that matters here is your's mate. Do what you think is cool.

Best Regards
                                        Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Hey Gordon, the only opinion that matters here is your's mate. Do what you think is cool. Best RegardsWoody
                                          Woodcock, Acknowledged & Agreed. Best, LB
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X