Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LB... I like your F-4 livery from Kansas... Are you doing your bird like that?? If so, maybe we can do them at the same time and I can see if I can out-weather you... Rule #1 is you can only use your airbrush if you are over the legal limit of BAL to drive... LOL So, Makers Mark and the Paasche in hand, and three two one go!!!!! :Cool::Drinks::Drinks::wacky

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
      LB... I like your F-4 livery from Kansas... Are you doing your bird like that?? If so, maybe we can do them at the same time and I can see if I can out-weather you... Rule #1 is you can only use your airbrush if you are over the legal limit of BAL to drive... LOL So, Makers Mark and the Paasche in hand, and three two one go!!!!! :Cool::Drinks::Drinks::wacky
      H, I am doing the CAG VF-111 on this one, so unusually shipshape, as it were. Seems stupid now that the 'Gray Version' is available, but I started it and I will finish it. Tamms wants me to do my "Fighting Jayhawks" version, too. So I will need to do another. It's a tough job but someone has to do it. 1:1, ours was so dirty, it looked almost solid greasy green most of the time. No offense to the ground crew, just the way things were. So 'weathering' would be 'big fun' and you're on. Which version are you doing? KANG F-4 Euro 1 camo is pretty cool. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Woodcock, Acknowledged & Agreed. Best, LB
        Hey Elbee,

I did like your liveries mate!

Woody

Comment

• We need to talk more, but I will be your wingman anytime!! I just need to ask Callie!!! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
            We need to talk more, but I will be your wingman anytime!! I just need to ask Callie!!! LOL
            H, I won't be jumping on a 2nd F-4 soon. Gotta B-17 in the box and a Corsair coming, but I can assist with the livery, though there are good pics out there and I might have a few somewhere. CRXMANPAT's RC Club President did a Jayhawks F-4, so there could be good intel already where it needs to be. ;) Best, LB

ps: You won't need Callie's permission to be my wingman. LOL Your quals are outstanding, I checked. :Not-Talking:LOL
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Elbee, you know Gary? I've never seen him with a Jayhawks F-4. Must have been a while ago. Saw him this morning, got a Byron fan adapter from him for my F-16 project.
              Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                Elbee, you know Gary? I've never seen him with a Jayhawks F-4. Must have been a while ago. Saw him this morning, got a Byron fan adapter from him for my F-16 project.
                crxmanpat, Sorry, thought I had seen photos some time back last summer of your F-4 and his and commented about the Jayhawk livery and any affiliation with McConnell AFB. My apologies, sir. I will do better research in the future. Respectfully, LB
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Y'all, No biggie, started some Callie Graphics. Hey Gordon, not saying anything to influence, though Sundowners' livery is good stuff. LOL Happy New Year to all. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0002.JPG
Views:	588
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	169503
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• No worries LB. Was wondering how you knew Gary. You may have been remembering someone else's post.
                    Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                      No worries LB. Was wondering how you knew Gary. You may have been remembering someone else's post.
                      crxmanpat, LOL No doubt. It comes with the territory these days. Best, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I have the cockpit set and it's very nice indeed as a starting point, but it REALLY could do with a instruction sheet of some kind.
                        I am also a plastic kit modeller, but I can't understand where some of the parts go.
                        there are four parts that look like bomb sway braces but is that really what they are.
                        Also, please can anyone out there tell me if there should be a instrument dials backing sheet to go with it ?
                        A plastic modelling tip that I will pass onto you all.
                        Its to use the Dull Gold foil that you find around the tops of wine bottles, is just about the perfect colour match for ejector seat straps etc, as used on the seats in the Phantom.
                        Also because it's foil, it will readily form to the shapes of both the seat and over the pilots.
                        Another tip is to go to a drapes shop where they sell buttons and other sowing stuff, and look for a sparkling clear cristal type spangled type thing, and you can trim the front of the missiles and then stick the crystals on the front, and it looks like the missiles heat seeker head.

Happy new year to you all from the U.K.

Gordon Fraser.

Comment

• Not exactly on topic, but since plastic parts are being discussed, I am offering this tip for the F-4's plastic main gear doors...
                          A non-perfect landing (wing low) resulted in the right main gear door contacting the ground and breaking. Here's a <flight proven> tip to prevent this from happening again. I glued about a 1/2 inch wide, very thin (est. 1/64 in thick) carbon sheet to the inside of the gear doors' bottom edge and painted it to match. To attach the carbon sheet to the gear doors, I used the tacky foam glue (that comes with the F-4) for a flexible bond. Clamping for several hours was required to ensure the carbon sheet formed to the door shape and didn't detach when the clamp was removed. This is an "invisible" fix that, so far, has prevented any more main gear door breakage. I got the very thin carbon sheet off another crashed model's main spar (plywood + carbon laminate)...worked great. Spare main gear doors are available from MRC, but this tip might save you the hassle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gordon View Post
                            I have the cockpit set and it's very nice indeed as a starting point, but it REALLY could do with a instruction sheet of some kind.
                            I am also a plastic kit modeller, but I can't understand where some of the parts go.There are four parts that look like bomb sway braces but is that really what they are.Also, please can anyone out there tell me if there should be a instrument dials backing sheet to go with it ? Happy new year to you all from the U.K.Gordon Fraser.
                            Gordon, Happy New Year to you, too. As for the F-4 Cockpit parts, if you're referring to the 1 part below lower right, I had a similar reaction and have no answer. You have 4, I only have 1. The OEM printed instruments do not match the cockpit kit dial placement, though the 3DPUP parts are close enough to actual to use a good picture reduced to roughly 35X28mm size. That's how I resolved it. I have attached a pic of the panel I used, but it is truly a compromise as the 3DPUP parts are representative at best. If you want that instrument panel as a picture file or any other cockpit docs, let me know and I'll send it by PM. Best regards, LB

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0006.JPG Views:	1 Size:	106.2 KB ID:	169741Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0002.JPG Views:	2 Size:	71.4 KB ID:	169742Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0001.JPG Views:	2 Size:	76.5 KB ID:	169743Click image for larger version  Name:	F-4 Office Decal copy.jpg Views:	1 Size:	389.8 KB ID:	169744
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thank you so much. That panel photo is extremely helpful.
                              I agree that the cockpit kit is a real upgrade but not very scale, and I understand what Motion has tried to do by producing this kit.
                              I am going to use them as a starting point.

that's the part that I can't identify. I have four of them in my kit. Maybe Alpha can help us here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gordon View Post
                                Thank you so much. That panel photo is extremely helpful.
                                I agree that the cockpit kit is a real upgrade but not very scale, and I understand what Motion has tried to do by producing this kit.
                                I am going to use them as a starting point.

that's the part that I can't identify. I have four of them in my kit. Maybe Alpha can help us here.
                                G, I am sure you have access to the myriad Internet photos and specs. That particular photo just reduced better than even my manual schematics. If you don't find it let me know and I'll send you a PDF or zip-file of that photo. Best, LB
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Y'all, No biggie, started some Callie Graphics. Hey Gordon, not saying anything to influence, though Sundowners' livery is good stuff. LOL Happy New Year to all. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0002.JPG
Views:	588
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	169503
                                  It’s going to look awesome LB! Happy New Year!

Comment

• Grey F-4 ready to go! With a little help from Callie of course. Installed an A-3L in this one. My first Phantom flies great without a gyro, but I've been so pleased with what one does for my A-4, thought I'd give it a try. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	955
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	169955

Comment

• EA6BG, Looks truly amazing. Really like the Marine livery. Bravo Zulu, sir. Best, LB
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

EA6BG, Looks truly amazing. Really like the Marine livery. Bravo Zulu, sir. Best, LB
                                        Oh!!! YES!!
                                        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
                                          Grey F-4 ready to go! With a little help from Callie of course. Installed an A-3L in this one. My first Phantom flies great without a gyro, but I've been so pleased with what one does for my A-4, thought I'd give it a try. Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	1 Size:	201.4 KB ID:	169955
                                          I agree that's nice looking. Now I have a question for ya Mr 6B. I would think with a handle like, "EA-6B Geek" you would be hammering MRC to make a Prowler. Did you just give up and accept all we're going to get is an Intruder? Ya know if they could get some scale Prowler speed breaks to actually work. People would buy a model of a Prowler for that alone.

Best Regards
                                          Woody

Prowler had super cool speed breaks. W

Comment

Working...
                                          X