X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flanker271 View Post
    How does it balance with two 5000mAh side by side? Wonder if it's possible to connect them in parallel and double the flight time.
    Alpha already stated that he doesn't recommend going over a 6250mah in the 6s version. So, I doubt they are going to attempt to balance it. They only posted that to give an idea of the room in the battery area. Could it work? Probably, but you're gonna sacrifice a lot of the flight characteristics of this airframe making it that heavy on 6s.

Comment

• I did the math also. Using 650 gram packs X2 is 1300
      but 7 potential minutes. Average pack is like 850.
      So its 400 to 500 grams past that. It would fly but its not a carrier pigeon....lol

Comment

• I use 6s 50c 6200mah pack that are actually lighter than almost all high C 5000s on the market. Its not about the capacity but rather the actual weight. If the pack is the right weight then go for it. But if its too heavy then that is what the issue really is.
        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
          Hi Flying Hawk,
          We design our aircraft to accommodate battery ranges, when possible, to maximize the aircraft's appeal and lower the cost of ownership for those with existing batteries. This is due in part to size, wing loading, bay volume, and internal layout. The chances a model can meet these requirements declines the smaller its fan is:

*All 90mms can fly a 6s 5000 (eleven aircraft)
          *Most 80mms can fly a 6s 5000 (five aircraft)
          *Few 70mms can fly a 6s 5000 (two aircraft)

If modelers choose to use heavier batteries than recommended (i.e. 5800mAh in a 70mm Hawk) or lighter batteries than recommended (i.e. 2600mAh in 70mm F-104) that is their own prerogative.

My team's prerogative is to ensure our batteries, which are industry common sizes, can be flown by our aircraft. There will be other battery sizes an aircraft can fly, but as long as the Venn diagram includes one of our batteries, our customers with those batteries are covered.

This is one of the reasons why we haven't developed an aircraft that required 5s to fly well... Because few people have 5s packs.
          I fly the 70mm BAE HAWK with 70C 6000mah CNHL all the time. Battery all the way back and 4 clicks of nose up trim before take off. Flys great and almost 7min. Initial acceleration and climb are of course affected. But not what you would think. Stalls with wing drop happen faster in a loaded high G turn (as expected) but still acceptable. Love the extra room and the option!

Comment

• I smell 8 Minutes!
            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
              I use 6s 50c 6200mah pack that are actually lighter than almost all high C 5000s on the market. Its not about the capacity but rather the actual weight. If the pack is the right weight then go for it. But if its too heavy then that is what the issue really is.
              And those would be? I'd like to get some if you're having good luck with them!
              Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                I smell 8 Minutes!
                No...that's Bacon !

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post

And those would be? I'd like to get some if you're having good luck with them!
                  Tom
                  I did some comparisons....
                  I assume he’s referring to the Hobby Star 50c 6200mah, Its 780g. That’s the closest I could find. I actually bought a B-17 from the owner of RC Juice last month. I saw the price and didn’t investigate further... they’re $109

Comment

• I noticed the torque arm on the nose landing gear appears to be plastic. Is that final production ? Should I be concerned given I fly off a regularly cut but somewhat wavy (not ideally flat) grass field ? Might as well ask, has this plane been well tested on short grass fields ? Don't want to be out of service for long periods of time and or or worse, tear the nose gear if that part fails.

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post

I did some comparisons....
                      I assume he’s referring to the Hobby Star 50c 6200mah, Its 780g. That’s the closest I could find. I actually bought a B-17 from the owner of RC Juice last month. I saw the price and didn’t investigate further... they’re $109
                      Thank you C-17, good to know.
                      Tom

Comment

• I really like the look of a Raptor with fuel tanks on- I hope to do them one way or another.
                        Tom

Comment

• Tony got to the AZ Jet Rally a little early and did some dusk flying!

Pat

Comment

• That afterburner tho! That was fun to watch...

Comment

• Cool, nice flight

Comment

• Nice flight Tony. Should start shipping in just about a month. I think this will be a fun one!

Comment

• Thanks for sharing that sunset flight!! Very much enjoyed it :)

Comment

• That centerburner is the perfect upgrade for this model. Nice flight, can't wait to snag one next year!
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Comment

• Is the ducting on this jet split like on the F-4 ?
                                        I have a few ideas going on in my head.

Pete

Comment

• Originally posted by Pete Lane View Post
                                          Is the ducting on this jet split like on the F-4 ?
                                          I have a few ideas going on in my head.

Pete
                                          Hi Pete,
                                          Ask and you shall receive:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181016_162344.jpg
Views:	1498
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	162412
                                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
                                          X