Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No sir. I’ll be doing a promotion toward the end of the month. I manufacture the F-14 kits
    Planes
    -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
    -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• I am currently building this jet I don’t really trust the flight control board it’s doing some weird things so I bypassed it and am using an 8 channel spectrum receiver I have finished the tail feathers and programmed tailerons I am considering using full flaps and flying tailerons only is this ok? Or should I fly normal flaps and mix the Aeros so they shut off with wings swept I only plan to use the flight control board for the gear and wing sweep

Comment

• I think you'll need 9 channels to do full span flaps as each wing aileron will need its own channel.

Comment

• Yep. Im using 10...but i have both my ailerons and stabs on seperate channels...plus the hook is also on a ch.. heres a video that shows my complete setup with mixes im using...

Also...im not using a spektrum so i cant share my programming

Comment

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post
            I think you'll need 9 channels to do full span flaps as each wing aileron will need its own channel.
            ok let’s see 1 is throttle 2 and 3 tailerons 4 is rudder 5 is flaps 6 is gear 7 is sweep leaves one left guess it’s either nose steering or Aeros so I guess I’ll go with Aeros but turn them off with the sweep switch via mixing does this sound ok

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnyrabuse View Post
              ok let’s see 1 is throttle 2 and 3 tailerons 4 is rudder 5 is flaps 6 is gear 7 is sweep leaves one left guess it’s either nose steering or Aeros so I guess I’ll go with Aeros but turn them off with the sweep switch via mixing does this sound ok
              I think that's probably the best configuration for 8 channels. That being said, Alpha and team always say to fly it in original configuration (i.e. using the mixing box) and then make your own mind up about how it flies :)

Comment

• I fly the original configuration and use the control board. (100+ flights) .... no malfunctions. Been flat spinning the jet for about the last 20 flights. It's pretty easy to put this jet into a flat spin. Looks cool as hell. The jet flies completely great stock, and you can't tell in the air what it looks like anyway. For showing off on the ground, well OK, but it wasn't worth the effort to me trying to make the flaps and ailerons work as one. It didn't fly any better at all in my experience. When sweeping wings, I just set the rates on aileron to next to nothing. The tailerons move just slightly and turn the jet sufficiently.

Biggest issue I had with F-14 is that you need to make sure when sweeping the wing does not rub on the fuse. If one wing lifts up because of the rubbing and the other is fine, the jet will role severely. I had to sand down the fuse on a couple of these jets so this would be avoided. Best to test wing sweep up way high and to give yourself plenty of time to get the wings out of sweep. A good way is to sweep while in 45 degree climb up high. If it rolls, immediately switch out of sweep. The jet will be flyable after that.

Comment

• I'll have to to revisit this jet one day. Mine gave me some fits. I used RC Geek's .SPM settings and Holy Hell when I swept the wing back it was so unstable and it rolled like a propeller! LOL... On retrospect I wish I would have kept at it (Nose heavy CG was causing hard bounced landings, didn't know it at the time...ESC's weren't in synch causing a roll tendency and so on)...Knowing what I know now I wish I never sold her.

Click image for larger version

Name:	final4.jpg
Views:	657
Size:	372.2 KB
ID:	268027
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Finally dug my second one back out from the black hole that is my garage and started working on filling and repainting. The full flying stabs are done. Filled holes, sanded, primed, sanded, painted, decaled and sealed with a couple coats of Testors Dullcote. Working on painting the verticals now.

This is a kit that I bought second hand new in box, and it came with the A-10 fans/motors and a set of graphics from Callie for VF-1 Wolfpack. Between Callie's graphics, a set of spare decals I bought from MRC a while back, and a few custom decals I'm doing myself, it should look pretty good. Not as nice as the one Brent did last year, but something I'll be proud of. This will be a dirty bird too.

I had put the A-10 power system in my first one, and it did better than stock and was happy with it. But this time I'm ditching the A-10 power and going with a pair of the T-33 inrunners. Should have some nice giddyup now!

Dry weight = 4160g
                    Batteries = 780g (pair of RoaringTop 5800 35C)
                    AUW = 4940

Static thrust of two 80mm 9bl inrunners = 5800g

Pat

Comment

• Getr done pat!!! #catgang

Comment

• Working hard to finish it and get it in the air before STG.
                        Pat

Comment

• getr done! Then we can get our ego fix together....lololol

Comment

• You can be my wingman any time!
                            Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                              I'll have to to revisit this jet one day. Mine gave me some fits. I used RC Geek's .SPM settings and Holy Hell when I swept the wing back it was so unstable and it rolled like a propeller! LOL... On retrospect I wish I would have kept at it (Nose heavy CG was causing hard bounced landings, didn't know it at the time...ESC's weren't in synch causing a roll tendency and so on)...Knowing what I know now I wish I never sold her.

Click image for larger version  Name:	final4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	372.2 KB ID:	268027

I've had three so far, like you , I sold my first one, it flew strange to me at first, it was setup all stock, so then I bought a guy out that had a whole bunch of F-14 parts, so I built another one, it flew good but I couldn't dial out a roll that is had when I swept the wings, sold it and later decided to give it another try with a brand new pnp kit from MRC, built it and again all stock settings as my first two, I got it flying nicely, figured out what I was doing wrong with the first two, I use a Futaba 7C so I can't set things up like everyone else and RC Geeks settings, so I continued to experiment with the stock settings and flaps, I kept it really simple and after a few flights, I had it flying nicely with wings out or wept, it actually flew really smooth with wings swept and gave me no trouble at all, I sold it because I lost my runway across the street from my house, the F-14 needs airspace to have fun with it, one day I will get another one, so get your self one, they fly great and land like a trainer, to me anyway.

Comment

• SOLD - I have a set of the A-10 fans/motors (no ESCs) for sale if anyone's interested in getting them as an upgrade for the F-14.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ans-Motors-NIB
                                Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                                  I've had three so far, like you , I sold my first one, it flew strange to me at first, it was setup all stock, so then I bought a guy out that had a whole bunch of F-14 parts, so I built another one, it flew good but I couldn't dial out a roll that is had when I swept the wings, sold it and later decided to give it another try with a brand new pnp kit from MRC, built it and again all stock settings as my first two, I got it flying nicely, figured out what I was doing wrong with the first two, I use a Futaba 7C so I can't set things up like everyone else and RC Geeks settings, so I continued to experiment with the stock settings and flaps, I kept it really simple and after a few flights, I had it flying nicely with wings out or wept, it actually flew really smooth with wings swept and gave me no trouble at all, I sold it because I lost my runway across the street from my house, the F-14 needs airspace to have fun with it, one day I will get another one, so get your self one, they fly great and land like a trainer, to me anyway.
                                  Would love to hear what you found out DCORSAIR you were doing wrong and what settings ended up working for you some time. I will return to her one day. So many planes, so little time, lol.
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Mostlikely something wasnt right with your settings. Chris's setup was meant to turn the roll to low rate with wings back. I run a similar setup to chris with some small changes. I love how it lands on full span flaps..and how it flies wings back.

Comment

• Yeah I had other issues going on such as it always wanting to roll to the right no matter what I did with the trims. Checked lateral stability and eventually discovered it was the ESCs that were not in synch. The Cool Factor is crazy high with this model so she's definitely worth another go. Maybe with luck there will be a V2/V3 version out by the time I get back around to her.
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                        Maybe with luck there will be a V2/V3 version out by the time I get back around to her.
                                        (You know something????) I'm about the pull the pin on "my" V2. Going to get the ARF plus and a set of the new 1920kv IR's and ESC's from the Mig 29. Reinforce the landing gear and do some of the mods that RCInformer showed us. Like you say, the "cool" factor in a swing wing is undeniable. I've already got 2 SebArt Mig 29's, so the new FW Mig will have to wait. And my FW SU35 and Eflite SU-30 are quite similar.

Comment

• The one I'm painting now will be "V3" for me. Last one flew stock for a while, then I put the A-10 power system in it for "V2". This one is getting the T-33 power system, so "V3".
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X