X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dk91105 View Post

The 80mm fans from the FMS v3 futura is what I'm putting in mine. Interestingly the fuselage only required very minor trimming but the covers required quite a bit.
    Yes, the 3665 motor in the 80mm fan puts out 50g more thrust than the 3280 motor (on paper). The diameter is only 1.2mm bigger than the Freewing fan, so very minor foam removal is necessary. I put the FMS Pro fan into a couple of my jets and didn't bother to shave any foam. The hatch stuck up a bit but by using some colored tape around the hatch edges, I was able to bevel the lip so it didn't look too abnormal. I think it could be done like that on the F-14.
    I just checked my F-14 and I did put the A-10's 9-blade inrunners in. This was a while ago, before the latest 12-bl inrunners came along. Still, the A-10's fans made this plane really scoot along very well.

Comment

• Originally posted by dk91105 View Post

The 80mm fans from the FMS v3 futura is what I'm putting in mine. Interestingly the fuselage only required very minor trimming but the covers required quite a bit.
      That is the 3665-KV2000 PRO unit. I have them in mine. It's quite lively!

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
        Yes, the 3665 motor in the 80mm fan puts out 50g more thrust than the 3280 motor (on paper). .
        I have made a number of thrust measurents on various units over the years. IMO a 0.05kg difference in measured thrust is within the margin of error of the test. (And I do know how to make measurements, I have a PhD in physics).

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

I have made a number of thrust measurents on various units over the years. IMO a 0.05kg difference in measured thrust is within the margin of error of the test. (And I do know how to make measurements, I have a PhD in physics).
          That's why I put in brackets (on paper). 0.05kg for this thrust range is 5%. In medical research, when running statistics on data, anything 5% or less is consider "background noise" and is thrown out.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
            That's why I put in brackets (on paper). 0.05kg for this thrust range is 5%. In medical research, when running statistics on data, anything 5% or less is consider "background noise" and is thrown out.
            More like 1.5% (50/3400)*100

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

More like 1.5% (50/3400)*100
              Now, would that still be <5%? Semantics.

Comment

• If less than 5% is background noise for intelligence then both of you should be thrown out for the constant quibbling!
                Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Elbee
                  Elbee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  OTFL !!

• Originally posted by nuts-n-volts View Post
                If less than 5% is background noise for intelligence then both of you should be thrown out for the constant quibbling!
                Have you been appointed the forum police now? If it really bothers you, I suggest you advocate to have us both banned immediately. Please! I insist!

Comment

• xviper kallend nuts-n-volts

I am the Forum Police and a volunteer, so for crying out loud Y'all play nice, ya hear.

No threats, just sayin'. However, this stuff is really getting old or maybe it's just me.

Respectfully, LB.​
                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Sorry. Maybe I should not have been so bold. The squabbles on these forums do get old tho. I come here to get and maybe add information to a favorite plane. The yakkity is sometimes too much for me, so I say something. I'm sure you two can take constructive criticism?

Comment

• "The yakkity is sometimes too much for me, so I say something. I'm sure you two can take constructive criticism?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely they can! They can also ride you like hyenas!....Mr.XViper has reached 8151 posts and is almost on the last bar of the "Regularity Meter", which will undoubtedly become a "Las Vegas Prize Win" with bells, whistles, flashing lights and huge audio sounds to commemorate that he has won the ownership of the "forum".....lol....He really does know his stuff though...😜👍

Comment

• Originally posted by AirHead View Post
                        Mr.XViper has reached 8151 posts and is almost on the last bar of the "Regularity Meter"

He really does know his stuff though...😜👍
                        Is that what those bars are called. I already filled my first set of bars - no bells or whistles. This set is my second go round. I'm not sure what they mean.
                        Thanks for your last sentence.

Comment

• There's plenty of folks here that know their stuff. Some of those just know when to speak and when to shaddup. The incessant, meaningless bickering shows a certain lack of intelligence as they have forgotten about what this thread is supposed to be about... and it's not about them or their 'supposed' intelligence. And, now I've talked this circle waaay too long. More F-14 please.

Comment

• And yet, with those "plenty" of folks who know their stuff, very, very few ever step up to help those who ask for it. The very few who do step up to help are generally spit on and ridiculed, like what you just did, calling us "lacking in intelligence". And when those few who do step up, don't, NOBODY else steps up to help. I've done it (not step up to help) just to see who would. Days go by and nothing. It's not until one of us steps up to try to help, that the "plenty of folks" post up to challenge what we said or try to upstage. Where are all those plenty of folks before then? So, who really and truly have all the mental health issues? Not once do I recall YOU stepping up to help someone in need, to do the work to give the answers to questions asked. Maybe you're right, the few who give all the time should just "shaddup" now and sit back and watch the "plenty" like you, contribute. You have a great time from your high horse. I'm going to go lurk for a while. This simply isn't worth it. With all that's going on in Canada with RC, I've lost some interest in the whole thing anyway.

Comment

• Looks like the need for color matching our planes for touch up paint is over!!

Acrylic Paint BL02 Light Gray 20ml Bottle from Freewing - BL02 This paint is used on the following aircraft: Freewing Twin 80mm EDF F-14 Tomcat

Acrylic Paint WB05B Insignia White 20ml Bottle from Freewing - WB05B This paint is used on the following aircraft: Freewing Twin 80mm EDF F-14 Tomcat

I see various other freewing paints soon to be available for many of the other models as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by RudyD54 View Post
                                Looks like the need for color matching our planes for touch up paint is over!!

Acrylic Paint BL02 Light Gray 20ml Bottle from Freewing - BL02 This paint is used on the following aircraft: Freewing Twin 80mm EDF F-14 Tomcat

Acrylic Paint WB05B Insignia White 20ml Bottle from Freewing - WB05B This paint is used on the following aircraft: Freewing Twin 80mm EDF F-14 Tomcat

I see various other freewing paints soon to be available for many of the other models as well.
                                Rudy, Now these are products that were long over due and will be much appreciated. Nicely done, Motion RC. Best, LB
                                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Rudy, Now these are products that were long over due and will be much appreciated. Nicely done, Motion RC. Best, LB
                                  Paints and Thinners for RC Models We carry several types of paints and thinners for RC airplanes, boats, cars, tanks, trucks and more. Whether you're customizing your favorite RC tanks or repairing your prize RC Airplane, we've got the paint you need!

Most of the Freewing colors are "Out of Stock".

Comment

• Elbee
                                    Elbee commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Ya know, kinda figures, but at least they're listed. Reminds me of the quote, "Man plans, God laughs". Thanks for the update. Best, LB

• Yes they created the link on their site but haven't received stock yet. Just like they do with planes and parts...

Originally posted by kallend View Post

Paints and Thinners for RC Models We carry several types of paints and thinners for RC airplanes, boats, cars, tanks, trucks and more. Whether you're customizing your favorite RC tanks or repairing your prize RC Airplane, we've got the paint you need!

Most of the Freewing colors are "Out of Stock".

Comment

• Any suggestions on how to replace a broken clip for the light on the nose gear? I'm currently thinking maybe a nylon cable clamp.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigNug View Post
                                      Any suggestions on how to replace a broken clip for the light on the nose gear? I'm currently thinking maybe a nylon cable clamp.
                                      I’m pretty sure there’s a replacement on Thingiverse which you can 3D print!

Comment

Working...
                                      X