Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I run my packs in parallel, so the whole system starts simultaneously when the first one is plugged in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
      Other than plugging in the battery connection with the BEC first I have no suggestions. Looks like how I have mine wired. BTW those are great ESCs.
      Oh yeah, Evan. Wait... are you referring to the black 80s or the blue 120s that are installed? The black 80s are the ones I removed. They are great ESCs, but I need 100s to run the new 2150kv motors. RC Castle sent me those blue ones as a substitute; however, their is no external BEC wire. The BEC is internal to the ESC, so they both have a BEC. What I'll try next is seeing if there's a way to turn off the BEC on one of the ESCs and see if that gets them to work/communicate properly ... ...

((BREAK))

I just went to MotionRC and they finally have in stock the ESCs I tried ordering originally. I just ordered them, which will definitely solve my problem. If anyone's in the market for brand new, up to 8s, 120a ESCs, with reverse, I've got two.
      Attached Files

Comment

• The 120's but you'll need to rewire them to add the BEC...

Comment

The 120's but you'll need to rewire them to add the BEC...
          Thanks for the info. I've got the 100a ESCs on order for my F14, but since these are newer, smaller, and lighter 8s capable ESCs, I'm going to upgrade a couple of my 6s birds (F-5 Tiger/70mm F-16) and fly them on 7s. The specs on these 120a ESCs are pretty sweet:
          With Reverse Brake mode enabled when landing can effectively shorten the sliding distance of the aircraft to simulate the landing of a real aircraft !
          - Extremely low internal resistance.
          - Super smooth and accurate throttle linearity.
          - With Reverse Brake Function.
          - Size: 77 x 35 x 19mm ( Lx W x H )
          - Weight: 130g ( With Wire & Plug )
          - Continuous current: 120A
          - Peak current(10s): 150A
          - Battery: 3 - 8 Lipo
          - UBEC output: 5.2 V / 6V / 7.4V Adjustable , 8 A / 20A ( Continous / Peak )
          - Wire Length : Battery side - 350mm solder with EC5 male Plug , Motor side - 85mm solder with 4.0mm Gold Plate Female Plug
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Dougcarr73 View Post
            .....since these are newer, smaller, and lighter 8s capable ESCs, I'm going to upgrade a couple of my 6s birds (F-5 Tiger/70mm F-16) and fly them on 7s.....
            DC, now there's a clever idea, Sir. Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• They are relabeled HW Flyfun V5. I bought five from HW Direct but they had issues working in my Avanti and L-39, they would cut off in flight and NOT reset, so I returned then. Almost lost both planes with them and did some damage to my Avanti. Long discussions with a HW rep and tried settings and never got them to work well. Real shame as they are cheaper and available through HW Direct.

Comment

• here is my test run with the new freewing12 blade inrunners fans. Definitely had a tangible boost of power with these

Comment

They are relabeled HW Flyfun V5. I bought five from HW Direct but they had issues working in my Avanti and L-39, they would cut off in flight and NOT reset, so I returned then. Almost lost both planes with them and did some damage to my Avanti. Long discussions with a HW rep and tried settings and never got them to work well. Real shame as they are cheaper and available through HW Direct.
                  I am not clear which ones you refer to.

Comment

• Referring to Doug's post, 1724.

FLYFUN V5 ESC (3S-8S) - HOBBYWING North America (hobbywingdirect.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                      here is my test run with the new freewing12 blade inrunners fans. Definitely had a tangible boost of power with these
                      RM, Are these fans and motors from MiG 29?

If not, which Motors/Fans are these?

I ask b/c I bought the MiG 29 setups and the Tomcat ARF.

Don't really want to change out motors and fans if I don't need to do that.

Thanks in advance.

Best, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• The MiG 29 ESCs are good, but the new 3658-2150kv 80mm motors are the lates most powerful on the market for Freewing aircraft. It was released with the me F-9 jet. I’m updating my F-14 and my other 80s like this F-5 Tiger. I even put in a new 8S ESC.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• The MiG came with 9b 1950 originally but all the 80mm jets are going to the awesome 12b 2150.

Comment

• Dougcarr73, thanks, Doug. Thinking I'd want to change to reversing ESC's with these motors. I briefed earlier posts; have you found ESC's that suit this purpose yet? Inquisitively, LB
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• The MiG spare parts has the new 100A reversing ESCs that are opto and comes prewired with a separate BEC. The 120A ESC from the Eurofighter is a better choice but would take some wiring work.

Comment

• Yes these are the panther fans I put in this, also put one I'm my avanti-s

Comment

• Cougar.

Comment

The MiG spare parts has the new 100A reversing ESCs that are opto and comes prewired with a separate BEC. The 120A ESC from the Eurofighter is a better choice but would take some wiring work.
                                    ED, I am pretty certain the 100 amp MiG ESC's I have do not have reversing capability.

Those were bought in April of '21.

So I am technically disadvantaged by self-inflicted victimhood, namely, slow build times.

I suppose I could upgrade a Freewing F-86 ARF, if that is even available as an ARF and the same with a T-33 ARF, if available. WOW, 2 new jets over one timing error.

I wonder if 'she whose authority exceeds my rank' would notice, nah, of course not....what could possibly go wrong?

What to do, what to do.....

Best, LB
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

The MiG came with 9b 1950 originally but all the 80mm jets are going to the awesome 12b 2150.
                                      If you want to update an old model, those units are currently out of stock at Motion (like the reversing ESCs).

Comment

• High demand items.

Comment

High demand items.
                                          Looks like they're in stock at RC-C, along with the ESCs. Mailing is $17, gets to Chicago in 6 - 7 days typically.

- New Design Rotor Blade For High Thrust & Sound Performance.- Rotor Blade Material : Nylon Composite With Fiber- Outer Diameter: 82.8mm- Length: 112mm- Weight: 345g - Rotor: 80mm , 12 Blade Normal - Motor:: 3658 2150Kv Inrunner Motor (Installed)-

Comment

Working...
                                          X