• Corsair nut
    replied
    Trust me..its epo hahaahaha

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    Originally posted by Corsair nut View Post
    Lil sneak peak of the makeover..
    Ummmm...What?!? Why does that look like fiberglass and not EPO?

Leave a comment:

• Corsair nut
    replied
    Lil sneak peak of the makeover..
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied
    Well, technically it stays on the ground if I leave the stick centered, but I like pulling (forcing) wheelies, to which the aft CG setting certainly helps, plus it helps decelerate faster... although sometimes I overdo it and the plane jumps back in the air!
    Gotta be careful with that!

Leave a comment:

• Hugh Wiedman
    replied
    Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
    Some more Hornet flights :)

Love your flights at disk, the lights and the AB's really show off well. You can see how your balanced well aft on landing how the nose wheel hardly wants to stay on the ground!

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied
    Some more Hornet flights :)

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    LOVE it!

Leave a comment:

• Corsair nut
    replied
    Heres a few videos of my fa18....doing some mods. Follow along! Some flying/mod/experiments. The model is currently getting repainted so be sure to follow along to see the progress on the makeover

Leave a comment:

• Hugh Wiedman
    replied
    salali OUTSTANDING This FW model is one of the best to customize, each one better than the next!

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    salali, WOW, great lookin' Hornet. Nicely done, Sir. Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• salali
    replied
    Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Not sure there is an "issue" with the flaps per se, although I did have one of my flaps sticking on one of my Hornets (have 2). Replaced both flap servos and bypassed the circuit board on both to be safe, but of the thousands (?) sold, have rarely heard of it being a problem (I'm always the lucky one though). Regarding the elevator servos, yes there was a problem when it was first released in the BA version, the servo wires were sometimes severed at the factory on a tight installation, but that was cured early one, with not a problem since that I heard of. I don't think the base grey had an issue ever, but if you get it, you can always remove the elevator servos and check the wires to be safe. Check and make sure this is the "newer high performance version" with the 9 blade 1900 kv inrunner. Initially they were sold with a 12 blade 1750 Kv (I think) outrunner that was a bit sluggish, but if he did buy it in February of 2021, it should have the inrunner!
    Thanks Hugh Wiedman. I’ll look into bypassing the circuit board/blue box as recommended. The servos have been reinforced with CA. Servo wiring looks good. I can’t wait to get this into the air! Here’s a pic.Click image for larger version

Name:	173C0151-A7B8-4706-9413-FB6E55E29D7D.jpeg
Views:	514
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	323219

Leave a comment:

• Hugh Wiedman
    replied
    Originally posted by salali View Post
    I'm seriously considering buying a second hand FW F-18. The plane is new and never been flown. I believe it's the base gray version and was purchased early 2021 (Feb). Reading through the forums, it's clear there is a potential issue w/ the flaps. Is there anyway to test if there's an issue before buying? Are there any other issues to look out for? I believe the elevator servo was an issue on the Blue Angels version.

TIA.
    Not sure there is an "issue" with the flaps per se, although I did have one of my flaps sticking on one of my Hornets (have 2). Replaced both flap servos and bypassed the circuit board on both to be safe, but of the thousands (?) sold, have rarely heard of it being a problem (I'm always the lucky one though). Regarding the elevator servos, yes there was a problem when it was first released in the BA version, the servo wires were sometimes severed at the factory on a tight installation, but that was cured early one, with not a problem since that I heard of. I don't think the base grey had an issue ever, but if you get it, you can always remove the elevator servos and check the wires to be safe. Check and make sure this is the "newer high performance version" with the 9 blade 1900 kv inrunner. Initially they were sold with a 12 blade 1750 Kv (I think) outrunner that was a bit sluggish, but if he did buy it in February of 2021, it should have the inrunner!

Leave a comment:

• salali
    replied
    I'm seriously considering buying a second hand FW F-18. The plane is new and never been flown. I believe it's the base gray version and was purchased early 2021 (Feb). Reading through the forums, it's clear there is a potential issue w/ the flaps. Is there anyway to test if there's an issue before buying? Are there any other issues to look out for? I believe the elevator servo was an issue on the Blue Angels version.

TIA.

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    Great job on the livery and maiden!

Leave a comment:

• JP-4203
    replied
    Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post
    Or he has access because Switzerland has compulsory conscription for all males at 19, and reserve status to age 37.
    True - in fact, I served for Swiss Air Force as a militia officer for more than twenty years - If I were wearing my uniform, I would have taught them a lesson!!

Leave a comment:

• JP-4203
    replied
    Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Outstanding livery, your rudder design is first class. Nice video and perfect landing, all on your maiden, well done! Guess the airport security guy though it was a real Swiss Airforce fighter you were spotting and decided to high tail it out of there rather than tangle with any "military" type.
    well, airbase security patrols are always welcome as spectators, but not expected to take that taxiway there are alternative paths - and definitively not when model jets are already flying - I wasn‘t amused!! Imagine myself focussing on approach/landing, and this bird comes in really „hot“, I might have ended up with my beauty sticking on their front windshield..😉 anyway, was glad all went well

Leave a comment:

• fredmdbud
    replied
    Or he has access because Switzerland has compulsory conscription for all males at 19, and reserve status to age 34.
    Last edited by fredmdbud; Aug 24, 2021, 12:45 AM. Reason: upper age correction

Leave a comment:

• Hugh Wiedman
    replied
    Originally posted by JP-4203 View Post
    Some F/A-18 Hornet contribution from Switzerland, repainted the base grey inrunner EDF version according to our Swiss Air Force schemes, model was J-5018 the display jet with the Swiss Panthers Squadron 18 logo on the rudders. However, I created my own proprietary panthers design on the rudders, the original one doesn't look that exciting in my view.... the maiden flight took place just last Saturday at Payerne airbase. Feel free to take a glimpse at the maiden video:

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3666.JPG Views:	14 Size:	154.2 KB ID:	322891Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3667.JPG Views:	10 Size:	205.3 KB ID:	322893Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3677.JPG Views:	10 Size:	126.6 KB ID:	322892
    Outstanding livery, your rudder design is first class. Nice video and perfect landing, all on your maiden, well done! Guess the airport security guy though it was a real Swiss Airforce fighter you were spotting and decided to high tail it out of there rather than tangle with any "military" type.

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied
    Wonderful!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X