Very nice Jandro!

Leave a comment:

• Hugh Wiedman
    replied
    "You can be my Wingman Anytime"!!

Leave a comment:

• Hugh Wiedman
    replied
    Outstanding Airguardian , I'll bring my "Tiger" and fly with you!!

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    Yowza!! Looks amazing!!!

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied
    She's done!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1166921.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	321461Click image for larger version

Name:	P1166915.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	321462Click image for larger version

Name:	P1166929.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	321463Click image for larger version

Name:	P1177147.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	321464Click image for larger version

Name:	P1177180.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	321465Click image for larger version

Name:	P1177173.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	321466Click image for larger version

Name:	P1166933.JPG
Views:	476
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	321467Click image for larger version

Name:	P1166932.JPG
Views:	478
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	321468Click image for larger version

Name:	P1166939.JPG
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	321469Click image for larger version

Name:	hellyeah.png
Views:	479
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	321470Click image for larger version

Name:	omg.png
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	321471Click image for larger version

Name:	omg2.png
Views:	477
Size:	974.8 KB
ID:	321472Click image for larger version

Name:	omg3.png
Views:	485
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	321473Click image for larger version

Name:	omg4.png
Size:	914.7 KB
ID:	321474Click image for larger version

Name:	omg5.png
Views:	483
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	321475Click image for larger version

Name:	omg6.png
Views:	486
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	321476

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    To me I’d make a bigger deal of the gray cockpit.
    Big +1

Leave a comment:

• nuts-n-volts
    replied
    Great pics. Thanks Fred!

Leave a comment:

• fredmdbud
    replied
    Photos of VFA-146 birds, both Legacy and Super Hornets, for your customization reference: VFA-146 Blue Diamonds Strike Fighter Squadron US Navy (seaforces.org)

Leave a comment:

• nuts-n-volts
    replied
    Not making a big deal, I appreciate your opinion. Just standing by my original opinion.

I doubt there's anything like a copyright like the Boeing has with their 737. You're right, I do not know. But, we've used squadron decals forever and so have the manufacturers. Not withstanding, they did use the Blue Diamonds insignia and their identifier on the plane. NG was/is the identifier for CVW-9 which they have been part of for many years, especially when they had Cs. As for gray diamonds... sure. If you were aboard any carrier you would know most all colors were grayed out in the early 80s.

To me, calling VFA-146 "Gray Diamonds" is like calling VMF-214 the "Black Cows". But hey, it's not really that important.

Leave a comment:

• davegee
    replied
    Boy, didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest (no pun intended) with my entry this morning! It was never that big a deal to me, I was just slightly annoyed that they didn't just put on the website with the intro of this new plane, or livery "Blue Diamonds" instead of "Gray Diamonds" I thought it might be a nice way to honor this Navy squadron that has been doing a great job for over 60 years.

Other Freewing planes like the F-15C, the F-14D, and the A-6 have squadron markings clearly in their advertisements online. I've owned all three. I didn't even know this unit existed until I decided to look it up yesterday to learn more about it, I don't know what the reason was that Freewing called it Gray Diamonds, but that wouldn't affect my purchasing the model.

BTW, "NH" and "NG" were both used on this squadron's markings at various times in its long service record. You can look it up online. My apologies if I typo' d in an earlier entry. I know the model has NG on its tails.

I was just sharing my personal opinion on it, and I still stand by it. And I agree with Nuts n'Volts, even if no one else does. We still have a right to an opinion, right? I can see that we probably won't change any minds here, so I've said my peace and am departing the pattern...

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Another thought is they call it Gray Diamonds because it’s the base gray with the Diamonds decals, not Gray Diamonds but gray Diamonds. Does that make sense? Either way a big deal about nothing. To me I’d make a bigger deal of the gray cockpit.

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    Ever stop to think there’s a good reason to not use the proper name? Same as with the AL?
    Exactly!

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    They still sell the base grey, and it's in stock. I agree that it's like tying your shoelaces together and running with it, to call it the grey diamonds when it looks so similar to a blue diamonds Hornet and has VFA146 on it. But it has NG on it instead of NH, so I guess that's another whiff. And the box probably says grey diamonds. As has been pointed out, it doesn't say grey diamonds anywhere on the plane, at least the photos don't show it if it does. I hardly think it deserves a captain's mast over it. Seriously.

Maybe it's an issue of royalties but I'm just guessing. Maybe it's Tom Cruise's squadron in the new Top Gun. If that's the case, then I'm pissed too!😂 Just paint it and get a sweet squadron decal set from callie or get the base grey.

I'm not belittling wanting scale fidelity at all, it's everything, but it's not the first plane we've seen for a fair price that misses the mark.

I do not own it but I did see the freewing blue angel's one fly this past weekend by a talented pilot. I would buy one even if it were beige. It definitely deserves an afterburner!

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Ever stop to think there’s a good reason to not use the proper name? Same as with the AL?

Leave a comment:

• nuts-n-volts
    replied
    I agree 100%.

Not me. I'm sticking' to my guns on this one. You tell me the guys in the squadron don't care. I would bet different. Yeah, most of us know what they meant. A lot of youngin's wouldn't. Freewing made a great product and it wouldn't hurt them or Motion one bit to go the extra inch and get it right! So, I wrote them.

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    I agree 100%.

Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post
    They call their plane "AL-37", but we all know it's the 737-MAX, a real plane. Where's the outcry?

Looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, flies like a duck ... you know it's Blue Diamonds. I very much doubt the actual squadron really cares.

Stay calm and buy/build/fly on.

Leave a comment:

• Hugh Wiedman
    replied
    Originally posted by Polyphren View Post
    Hi Hugh,
    your settings seems to be very similar to mine.
    My CG is around 100mm perhaps 103mm. That‘s hard to measure with my fingertips only. The neutral position of my elevators ( after triming) is 35mm.
    I think, I need a second flight (less nervous 😁) to see how the setting works.
    Perhaps I‘ll change the steering, too. At the moment, I applied the ailevator modus, e.g. rolling includes both ailerons (100%) and elevators (80%).

Here is my neutral elevator.
    The red and yellow marks are low rates or high rates respectivly.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	5211622D-2C8E-436C-8EB1-B6D76A781D6F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	66.0 KB ID:	319237
    You might find that next time out with the neutral elevator position at a better starting point, the flight may be a lot less "exciting". There's nothing I hate worse that having to use a ton of up elevator trim on a maiden to get it to fly level, seems you spend the entire flight just trying to keep it from "lawn darting".

And with a further aft CG, it tends to be a LOT more pitch sensitive, (as if that's anything new and a huge understatement).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X