X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nebraska Trevor View Post
    So wanting to order one of these. Does anybody know if the planes for US customers ship out from IL, Just trying to guess how long it may take to arrive. There sure are some inspiring pictures and videos in this thread!
    I order mine Monday afternoon Fed EX says it will arrive Friday, Im in South Florida.

Comment

• Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post
      I just finished wrapping my 37. Taking some modeler's license I'm calling it a C-40D.

JB
      Beautiful job, like the modified winglets looks much better, I plan on doing the Navy P-8 Poseidon will have to do a lot of changes to them probably use only the base make a whole different tip.

Comment

I just finished wrapping my 37. Taking some modeler's license I'm calling it a C-40D.

JB
        Looks great!

I assume the blue is the wrap? What color blue did you use?

Thanks,

Brian-

Comment

• Bristish Airways livery complete
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Apriliamgt View Post
            Bristish Airways livery complete
            very nice! you're a few days ahead of me doing the same scheme. Gotta get those lines straight. Found a laser level worked well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy_B View Post

very nice! you're a few days ahead of me doing he same scheme. Gotta get those lines straight. Found a laser level worked well.

Yeah I found that very hard . There are some
              overlaps with the spray Paint. But over all I’m really happy

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy_B View Post
                Gotta get those lines straight. Found a laser level worked well.
                JB, Very clever and lookin' good. Best, LB
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

JB
                  Wow , looks great.

Mike
                  \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by B Shipp View Post
                    Looks great!

I assume the blue is the wrap? What color blue did you use?

Thanks,

Brian-
                    Thanks.
                    The entire plane is wrapped with Oracal 751 vinyl. The blue is 053 light blue, white is 010, white and the gray is 072 light gray. The silver at the leading edge of the engines is 090 silver gray and the leading edge of the wings is 001 chrome polyester film.

JB

Comment

• I am in, just ordered mine in plain white and I plan to design some cool graphics for it. So many inspiring builds on here that now I need to narrow it down to a choice or two and get started on some decals. I paid a few extra bucks to get it here on Sat so that I can see it sooner and so that I can use the empty box to store my Christmas tree when the holiday is over :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Nebraska Trevor View Post
                        I am in,
                        NT, Welcome to "The Squawk". Glad you're here and lookin' forward to pictures of your build. Best, LB
                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Thanks.
                          The entire plane is wrapped with Oracal 751 vinyl. The blue is 053 light blue, white is 010, white and the gray is 072 light gray. The silver at the leading edge of the engines is 090 silver gray and the leading edge of the wings is 001 chrome polyester film.

JB
                          Did you manage to do the entire plane without a heatgun?

Comment

• Originally posted by StanleyJ View Post

Did you manage to do the entire plane without a heatgun?
                            No heat gun, but I did use a covering iron, set to its lowest setting, on areas like the leading edge of the wings. The vinyl is self adhesive, peel and stick, so generally no heat is needed. Vinyl is a little different than the iron on covering we usually associate with RC planes. There is a slight learning curve to using it, but it is really not hard to use.

That said, my wrapped planes are not contest winners, they look good from a couple of feet and in the air. However, the vinyl really protects the foam from day to day bumps and my often less than perfect landings, so it is well worth the effort in my opinion.

JB

Comment

• Just 2 questions.

1) the manual doesn’t really state any high / low rate for aileron or elevator ?? Or am I reading this wrong .
                              (Well it does , but just 1 value.??)

2) does the inner or outer flap naturally fall lower than the other ??

Comment

Just 2 questions.

1) the manual doesn’t really state any high / low rate for aileron or elevator ?? Or am I reading this wrong .
                                (Well it does , but just 1 value.??)

2) does the inner or outer flap naturally fall lower than the other ??

1) I set 70/100 and was told by someone that had it before it came out and said fly it at 100 % on settings .
                                2) Yes its lower and I adjusted mine more even at ball link , not sure if that is right or wrong ?

Comment

• Originally posted by S.W.Warbirds View Post

1) I set 70/100 and was told by someone that had it before it came out and said fly it at 100 % on settings .
                                  2) Yes its lower and I adjusted mine more even at ball link , not sure if that is right or wrong ?
                                  Thanks for this.

which one falls slightly lower. ??

Comment

Thanks for this.

which one falls slightly lower. ??
                                    I believe it is the inner ones next to the fuse.

GC

Comment

• Originally posted by GregC540i View Post

I believe it is the inner ones next to the fuse.

GC
                                      Yep

Comment

• Originally posted by S.W.Warbirds View Post

My right wing flap was uneven a lot, left wing was good, trying to get them to match up, I'm close

Comment

• The 60 and 80 amp RVS ESCs are temporarily back in stock at the HobbyKing U.S. warehouse. I just ordered two so I can have reverse thrust and also parallel park my AL37. :-) They go fast so if anyone wants a pair you should order like this afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                                          X