Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, then you saw Vic and Tony put on a show with it at AEF! Glad you're enjoying one of our biggest releases ever.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Already looking forward to bringing this and other MRC birds out for Arizona Electric Festival 2018. ;)

Vic

Comment

• Two more flights for this one today and shot hat cam video of both. Kind of noisy on the 2nd video as the neighboring drag strip was in full swing today.

My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Sold a couple of planes so I can buy the Avanti. Two last questions before I pull the trigger. Do I have to use the 4000 pro or is the regular admiral 4000 fine? What's the difference in fligh time between the two?

the place were I fly has a weird configuration were I can take off a paved road but need to land on the grass field. Most of the time the field has big holes ( no idea what animal or human is making them) so I prefer belly landing my rebel rather than loose a retract. Could I belly land the Avanti?

Comment

• I would say yes to belly landing. It has a ply spine running the full length of it's belly.
            As for battery I run 5500's in mine and get around 4 minutes.
            My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• I run a 4000, 4000 PRO and a 5000. Get a bit more flight time with the 5000 of course, not much if any difference with the PRO vs the regular. In the future, I'm thinking 4500 would be ideal. If I ever dump the 6s system in the Tomahawk, CB uses these and WOW!! Plus the'd be great in the Spitfire and any other 6s bird lay my hands on.

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Does everyone’s gear door actually close all the way ?
                Attached Files

Comment

• Often some minor tweaking to get the doors to close right without interfering with the retract operation.
                  FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshot19 View Post
                    Does everyone’s gear door actually close all the way ?
                    forgive me if i'm wrong, but it does look like your airframe around the nose area is bent so its not likely to close properly? When mine was new it used to close pretty well and the gear doors would almost overlap each other. The doors on mine came off on a rough field landing and I never bothered putting them back on.

Comment

• I am the champion nose bender of the AvantiLOL
                      My gear doors, which have been broken and reglued and reinforced, don't close too badly, I had to play with the spring and also, I had to crack the fuse open and repair and reset the plastic gear mount, Check to see if that is loose. What happens is that the gear cannot pull the spring all the way down and the spring keeps the gear from fully retracting.

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Looking at the picture again, it DOES look like the gear is not retracting fully, I'll bet thats your problem.
                        Out with the knife and the lighter fluid. The lighter fluid will soften the glue but its a wiggle and pull process that took some time. If you go that route, check the piece over and make sure that it's not cracked or damaged. Use some IPA to clean up the lighter fluid and reglue it with Gorilla Glue. You don't have to crack the fuse completely, just back far enough to get that piece out.
                        I'm eventually going to get another one,probably the kit version and put the motor and whatever into it, once I've got the hang of landing her. I'm a heck of alot better than I was thanks to the boys at Nefi, but every once in awhile I do a Grossman landing. The guys at the field don't even get excited about it any more!!

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshot19 View Post
                          Does everyone’s gear door actually close all the way ?
                          Mine sort of looked like that (but not as bad) when it was brand new. After tinkering with the spring, it's been fine since. On mine, it depended on whether the spring went around the strut above or below that "knuckle". Rotating the spring ends and then re-tightening the screws did the trick. This ensured that the spring always ended up where it needed to be when the strut pushed on it. You have to experiment. If the doors don't close, belly landing won't be pretty.

Comment

• Ya it’s my gear not retracting all the way. The plastic piece the gear sits on was getting wobbley from coming un glued so I glued it back down. So I’ll just have to play with it. That piece doesn’t look very friendly to take out. I just lifted it up a little and shot some glue under it.

Comment

• It isn't, like I said, it involves splitting the fuse and I don't see a spare part available.. I'll contact Mr Alpha and see if this is something that is common and whether there is something in the works to make it stronger. Besides better pilots that is!!!

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• Just put my Avanti together but having a hard time balancing it with my admiral 4000. Could someone post pictures of their placement please. I know every plane is different but having a reference would be helpful

Thanks!

Comment

• Looks like it balances upside down with the battery aligned with the front of the tray. Does that sound right?
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Vasaro View Post
                                    Looks like it balances upside down with the battery aligned with the front of the tray. Does that sound right?
                                    that is exactly where mine balances too.https://youtu.be/7v-XHRn5U8k

Kenny

Comment

• Where are you placing your receiver since there is no space between the battery and the connector box

Comment

• Originally posted by Vasaro View Post
                                        Where are you placing your receiver since there is no space between the battery and the connector box
                                        across the very front of the compartment next to / on top of the connector board ; see video https://youtu.be/7v-XHRn5U8k

Kenny

Comment

• My Avanti arrives Monday. If I add Elevator to flap mixing, do the elevators go up when flaps go down?
                                          Thanks for the input!

Tom

Comment

Working...
                                          X