First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RAPHAEL_CINTRA View Post
    Good day to all!

A new friday with sunny day and 35C here (damn its hot):cool:

So yesterday i finalized the build (8S 100% stock) and want to share some images and numbers...[any suggestion or advice will be very very welcome, as usual for the maiden i want to be on the safiest side by exchanging this information with others that are already flying.

Throws
    I´m planning to fly most of the time in the MID range.

Elevator neutral position
    Around 8mm down ELE (one of the Motion RC videos they say UP ELE but i think it was a mistake).

CG
    I´m getting around 190-195mm with my pack almost all the way back in the tray (in Motion RC video they use all the way forward in the tray so i wonder to be very nose heavy...maybe a CG at 180mm)...I´ll use a two 4s 5000 45C Gens Ace (550g each pack)....to be honest maybe i´ll stay in the 185mm safe range for the maiden...just worry about the flare with such nose heavy.
    I measured the plane inverted (low wing) with the landing gear open and no ordinance.

Thank you guys

Cheers

Mine CG's with the 6s 5000 pack pushed back to almost the end of wooden tray, and it balances at about the aft attach point for the sidewinder pylon. My first couple flights were nose heavy, so pushed it back , now get nice rotations on takeoffs. Landings I finally dialed in with full flaps as you have at 45mm, but for full flaps mix in the "up" elev so the stab leading edge is about 15 mm total form the line( your neutral point at 8 mm leading edge down with flaps up looks good, that's where mine is) my plane pitches up a little with full flaps but once I throttle down more on final it settles in nicely and lands smooth as ever. ( I'm working on dropping full flaps a little later on final when speed is down more)

Comment

• guys seeing as my gray is coming soon, I'm really wanting to shove a P20SX in there... any thoughts? Can I still get a Tams Pipe that he made for the E flite F4 …. just worried about CG'ing it with the 20 oz tank on the CG … need something in the nose...and of course doing it without melting the foam and causing a " flame ' out :-0 ….. getting tired of the 2 3/4 min flights on my admiral 6s 5000's.... and they still come down puffed. ….any input would be appreciated

Comment

• Hey Guys, the Ghost Grey version of the F-4 has landed! 6S PNP, 8S PNP and ARF Plus options available now. Here are the links and some pics for you all.

6S PNP: https://www.motionrc.com/collections...mm-edf-jet-pnp

8S PNP: https://www.motionrc.com/collections...mm-edf-jet-pnp

ARF Plus: https://www.motionrc.com/collections...f-jet-arf-plus

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhnybgd View Post

8s is my vote
          mine has a jetfan 8s setup,love it.
          Which motor and ESC are you using with the jetfan?

Comment

• I was using a HET 700-68-1680 on mine for 8S, with a ZTW Gecko 150A Opto ESC. I just moved that over to my F-22, and put the 6S system from that into the F-4.
            Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by PhantomNut View Post

Which motor and ESC are you using with the jetfan?
              Its a castle lite 100amp,cant remember the Kv.

I called Gary at Efflux Rc and asked him for a setup for the plane that I could potentionaly get the most flight time and power.

he put together the 8s setup and it is great!

I have pulled 4.5 minutes with 15% left in batteries(4s 5000mah admiral pro)

Also has great power and my spektrum gps had 115 in a shallow dive.

It was expensive but worth it to get Gary to hook me up.

I had the freewing 8s in the 90mm F16 was lucky to get 3 minutes,it was faster though

Comment

• Ok just looked through the paper work
                motor is HET 700-68-1500
                Btw sounds incredible also

Comment

• Hey Y'all, Been Christmas-ing so not much time for the Phantom, though I did manage to 3DP the Navy nose gear door and a tailhook assembly. My hook is a little too 'hooky' which I will fix and I will move the pivot down and back a bit, but it's a start. Best, LB
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.JPG
Views:	563
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	168058
                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                    Hey Y'all, Been Christmas-ing so not much time for the Phantom, though I did manage to 3DP the Navy nose gear door and a tailhook assembly. My hook is a little too 'hooky' which I will fix and I will move the pivot down and back a bit, but it's a start. Best, LB

Nice work mate!

Woody

Comment

Hey Y'all, Been Christmas-ing so not much time for the Phantom, though I did manage to 3DP the Navy nose gear door and a tailhook assembly. My hook is a little too 'hooky' which I will fix and I will move the pivot down and back a bit, but it's a start. Best, LB

Looks great LB

Comment

I like it Elbee!

Comment

• Save the extra hooks!!!! Drop them overboard on the VC trying to board on their combat skiffs...… LOL

Comment

• HRDWY, I like it. I'll take it up with the Captain during briefings. Haha, I am visualizing 1/12th Scale Vietcong. Very small peoples...Best, LB
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• does anyone know amp draw of stock 6s thanks

Comment

• Can somebody post photos of the grey Phantom "naked" out of the box and show the decal sheets please.
                                we didn't know they were out here in europe.
                                I am desperate to see a naked grey one before I order a 8s plug and play with flight batteries and cockpit and nozzle kits.

Comment

• Comment

• What about this for a sexy phantom guys !

it's either the sundowners or the Alcock and Brown markings as above.

Comment

• G, Don't know that anyone has done an RAF Phantom yet. I am working on a "Sundowners" livery for mine and there is at least one other Sundowners livery out there of the Freewing F-4. It's a coin toss at this point, right? Best, and Happy Christmas, LB
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Think it has to be the Alcock and Brown markings then.

Happy Christmas to you all from the U.K.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                          X