Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If your anything like me you will get some hangar rash when moving your L39 in and out of the basement or shop inherent with foamies . Also in my case I got some damage when I lost control the other day. Pilot error. In case you need some touch up paints for the camo version of the L39 I got mine at Home Depot Paint section. They did pretty good job of matching them up. I had them mix satin for the gray underside and drop tanks, and the camo is flat latex samples. they cost like $3.90 for each sample jar.

Comment

• Originally posted by p3arljam View Post
      Hello all new to Hobby Squawk but not to RC. I fly all scale gas warbirds and since everyone at my field seems to have at least one EDF i decided to get one. There were a lot of Avantis and i flew a club members and why it does fly great i am a military junkie so i decided to get the L 39 camo version after reading the reviews and seeing them fly. If anyone has been using the Admiral RX600SP on this plane or any other EDF can you tell me if you have been happy with it? The reviews on MotionRC are 4.8/5 with over 340 reviews but i have never used anything but Spektrum RX and i just want to make sure there are no issues.

Thanks
      Charlie
      The Admiral receivers are working great on 4 of my jets and 2 of my warbirds. At this price point the quality and operation have been awesome.

Rich

Comment

• Hi, here is a Link to a Flightvideo of my L-39 Albatros......it is done with a hat cam so if you don't like just ignore...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jets and Wings View Post
          Hi, here is a Link to a Flightvideo of my L-39 Albatros......it is done with a hat cam so if you don't like just ignore...
          Nice flight and video ! Your hat cam has better video then a lot of people using cameras to film so keep up the good work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jets and Wings View Post
            Hi, here is a Link to a Flightvideo of my L-39 Albatros......it is done with a hat cam so if you don't like just ignore...
            Although it tends to disappear in the distance the cam has great quality and the video was great. What cam are you using?

Comment

• Originally posted by urrl View Post

Although it tends to disappear in the distance the cam has great quality and the video was great. What cam are you using?
              Hi urrl, thanks for your kind words. I'm using a GoPro Hero5!

Comment

• Freewing avanti s or L39, top speed and performance wise ?

Comment

• Answered in your other post.

Originally posted by Jakob View Post
                  Freewing avanti s or L39, top speed and performance wise ?

Comment

• Originally posted by bbolz View Post
                    If your anything like me you will get some hangar rash when moving your L39 in and out of the basement or shop inherent with foamies . Also in my case I got some damage when I lost control the other day. Pilot error. In case you need some touch up paints for the camo version of the L39 I got mine at Home Depot Paint section. They did pretty good job of matching them up. I had them mix satin for the gray underside and drop tanks, and the camo is flat latex samples. they cost like $3.90 for each sample jar.
                    Can you share paint labels from home depot?

Comment

• I added sidewinder missiles instead of the tanks and saved a little frag and think it looks better especially on the camo version.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• p3arljam I like the AIM-9s! They look sharp!
                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                          p3arljam I like the AIM-9s! They look sharp!
                          Thanks i just got a 3D printer and have been learning how to use it over the past week.

Comment

• Home Depot paint labels for the L39 Camo:

Comment

• L39 and the F22 are by far two of my favorite jets

Planes
                              -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                              -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Has anyone experienced problems with the L-39 nose-leg retract stalling (definitely not fouling) when it attempts to close the nose gear door...... thus leaving the nose leg only partially retracted and the gear door half open ...... per photo. As L-39 owners will concur..... the door is closed by means of the front leg pressing on a spring-loaded tab which closes the door as the leg retracts inside the fuselage. It's not possible to de-tension the spring and lengthening the connecting arm by screwing the clevis out has no effect other that to cause the door to remain partially open once its max closed length has been exceeded. In short I'm wondering whether I have a "mechanically weak" nose retract OR is this a common issue with the L-39 which otherwise is a stunning aircraft both on the ground and in the air and is absolutely rock solid in flight. Should have indicated that this is a brand new aircraft (9 flights to date).............. so wear and tear is not the issue!

Comment

• Originally posted by Funfly3D View Post
                                  Has anyone experienced problems with the L-39 nose-leg retract stalling (definitely not fouling) when it attempts to close the nose gear door...... thus leaving the nose leg only partially retracted and the gear door half open ...... per photo. As L-39 owners will concur..... the door is closed by means of the front leg pressing on a spring-loaded tab which closes the door as the leg retracts inside the fuselage. It's not possible to de-tension the spring and lengthening the connecting arm by screwing the clevis out has no effect other that to cause the door to remain partially open once its max closed length has been exceeded. In short I'm wondering whether I have a "mechanically weak" nose retract OR is this a common issue with the L-39 which otherwise is a stunning aircraft both on the ground and in the air and is absolutely rock solid in flight. Should have indicated that this is a brand new aircraft (9 flights to date).............. so wear and tear is not the issue!
                                  Welcome to HobbySquawk. I have never had the problem you are describing on my L-39 but I recommend pulling the retract, removing the strut and inspecting the strut pin to make sure it is straight and that it is seated properly. Look for any possible debris that could be limiting it's travel as well. Could be something jammed in the retract against the trunion. Also, make sure the retract mount it solid in the foam and not angled back. Check as well the tension on the gear doors. Do they bind at all? Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Welcome to HobbySquawk. I have never had the problem you are describing on my L-39 but I recommend pulling the retract, removing the strut and inspecting the strut pin to make sure it is straight and that it is seated properly. Look for any possible debris that could be limiting it's travel as well. Could be something jammed in the retract against the trunion. Also, make sure the retract mount it solid in the foam and not angled back. Check as well the tension on the gear doors. Do they bind at all? Good luck!
                                    Hi RCjetdude, many thanks for your fast response, much appreciated. I will most certainly pull the retract and take note of the points you mention. Reasonably sure that nothing is jamming as the nose gear will on odd occasions retract and the gear door closes (approx 70% of time it doesn't) even then the retract struggles as it gets past the 75% closed stage! Since posting I have spoken with Customer Support who kindly returned my call from yesterday afternoon ......... they are sending me a replacement nose leg retract and confirm that this is not an issue they have encountered. Will add my findings for benefit of other owners once I have resolved issue (hopefully with new retract). Many thanks also to Pete at Motion RC (EU) customer support...... absolutely fantastic customer care.

Comment

• The lag g or jack screw in these sometimes needs a little grease. I use a white lithium and its amazing how it helps sometimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                        The lag g or jack screw in these sometimes needs a little grease. I use a white lithium and its amazing how it helps sometimes.
                                        Thanks Evan ...... I will take a look when I pull the retract. Not had this problem with retracts on any of my other Freewing aircraft ........ that's not of course to say that it won't happen!

Will certainly take your advice onboard and most likely treat all the retracts as you suggest ........ it can only do good in the long run.

Comment

• The L-39 is my favorite Scale Sport flyer. For a scale plane she does great sport aerobatics. The power combo on this bird is also great on 6s.
                                          Last edited by garlandk; Dec 6, 2019, 03:38 PM. Reason: Video Embed

Comment

Working...
                                          X