X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Well said. I've been thinking of getting the new Progressive RC Lipo ESR Meter Mark II. It supposedly measures the internal resistance of an entire pack and individual cells to give you the true C rating as well as many other features that tell you if a battery is "ready for the grave". The down side is that it sells for about $150. Has anyone bought this meter yet?
    Thank you . The Mark II is based Wayne Giles original ESR meter and the meter is very well respected. The new meter is now produced by Rampman (Rick) who took over after Wayne stopped producing ESR meters, and is sold by Progressive RC. Both gentleman participate in the linked LiPo Comparison thread on RCgroups. I don't own the Mark II, but the thread I linked to has many people who do own it. It may be worth searching that thread with the ESR Mark II key words, or replying to that thread asking for opinions on the meter.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=8004

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Well said. I've been thinking of getting the new Progressive RC Lipo ESR Meter Mark II. It supposedly measures the internal resistance of an entire pack and individual cells to give you the true C rating as well as many other features that tell you if a battery is "ready for the grave". The down side is that it sells for about $150. Has anyone bought this meter yet?
      I don't feel I need a $150.00 meter to tell me a battery is nearing the end of its life. When I charge one, I can see how well balanced it charges. My charger tells me the internal resistance during the charge cycle (not that I really look at those numbers much). Then I fly it in a plane and I can tell by how the plane flies and how long the battery lasts that it's not as good as it was a few times ago. Then one day, I go to charge it and it has a hard time balancing and it takes a long time to charge relative to the times before, see what the internal resistance numbers look like and I know it's time to punch that sucker out. In final analysis, it's how the battery flies that tells all. If it flies good, I'll keep going with it until it don't fly no good no more.

Comment

• SU- Thirty, down and Dirty! Here is the finished video!

Getting low, slow, fast and vertical with the twin 70mm SU-30 from E-flite. This jet is HEAVY and has no right to perform this good, but she is LOCKED IN. As low as you can get with rapid transitions into the vertical, and that low transition dust plume.

See original post thread for screen grabs of just how low!

All powered by Roaring Top 5500mah 70C batteries from www.rcjetwerx.com. Go see Andy for the most powerful by weight 6S EDF batteries.

Comment

• Down and Dirty with the SU-30.

screengrabs from the full video

Comment

• I don't think it was really necessary to duplicate post #249 and another sales pitch for your batteries.

Comment

• I promote all good products, be they batteries, radios or airplanes. It’s not a duplicate, it’s the full video that wasn’t completed until today.

This jet does not perform this well on most other batteries.

Originally posted by xviper View Post
              I don't think it was really necessary to duplicate post #249 and another sales pitch for your batteries.

Comment

• Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post
                SU- Thirty, down and Dirty! Here is the finished video!

Getting low, slow, fast and vertical with the twin 70mm SU-30 from E-flite. This jet is HEAVY and has no right to perform this good, but she is LOCKED IN. As low as you can get with rapid transitions into the vertical, and that low transition dust plume.

See original post thread for screen grabs of just how low!

All powered by Roaring Top 5500mah 70C batteries from www.rcjetwerx.com. Go see Andy for the most powerful by weight 6S EDF batteries.

Thoroughly enjoyed your full length video. Can you send camera girl out this way for a few weeks? Sounds like you are coming down the runway at maybe 1/2 throttle, then punch it with full up elevator to get your dust off, yes? BTW, Andy is out of stock at the moment.
                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

What proof do you have?

Comment

• You guys are Funny Opinions are like, you know what. Most just take this sorta thing for granted and use what they like anywhooo where is the Pop corn this is getting Interesting LOL!!!!

Comment

Like I mentioned earlier and judging from how your plane flies in the video - I get the same performance from my HRB 6s 5000 100c packs. Agree with #xviper stop selling so hard and enjoy the hobby!

What is most impressive in this video is the filming and post production - excellent footage!

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulZ View Post

Like I mentioned earlier and judging from how your plane flies in the video - I get the same performance from my HRB 6s 5000 100c packs. Agree with #xviper stop selling so hard and enjoy the hobby!

What is most impressive in this video is the filming and post production - excellent footage!
                        I’ve got a pair of HRB 5000 100Cs as well. I’ve tried most all major brands seeking the best performance. They don’t vertical near as well on the twin 70s in the SU-30, they are also noticeably slower in my 90mm F-16s running my 1835 inrunners, with less vertical. They also come down a lot warmer than my RT 70Cs.

To be frank, I’ll sell as hard as I want on great products, I’ve bought a lot of crappy ones gaining as much experience and accumulating products. I currently own 40+ and 7 brands of large 6S lipos. Buy what you want, I’ve never said other brands weren’t adequate for the task.

While some other brands perform well, they don’t perform as well as the Roaring Top 70Cs at the same weight. THAT is a FACT and I can prove it with well over 2000 EDF flights in 2 years running more than 12 brands of large 6S lipos.

Comment

THAT is a FACT and I can prove it with well over 2000 EDF flights in 2 years running more than 12 brands of large 6S lipos.
                          NOT "fact". It's your opinion and impressions. As for "selling" as hard as you like, the forum owners may not see it the same way. But it doesn't really matter. The harder you pitch something, the more I'll run away from that product. You've got ulterior motives for pitching that company.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beachsideflyer View Post

WTF is with this Russian POS? Why would you want to fly an image of a machine that may attract your armed forces
                            Seems like some folks are unable to separate planes from (geo)politics. Tell that to all the people state-side who have bought Soviet-bloc planes (MiGs, L-39, YaKs, etc), and likewise Russian modelers who fly F-15s, A-10s, F-4s, etc.

And it's not like American planes could never conceivably be used against the US (Iranian F-4s, F-5s and F-14s)?

I'll continue to fly my Sukhois and MiGs with a clear conscience

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                              NOT "fact". It's your opinion and impressions. As for "selling" as hard as you like, the forum owners may not see it the same way. But it doesn't really matter. The harder you pitch something, the more I'll run away from that product. You've got ulterior motives for pitching that company.

Comment

• Time to IGNORE another one.

Comment

• Why can`t I find the SU-30 in the sites of motionrc??? I`ve tried searching numerous ways but to no avail 🙄

Comment

• Originally posted by Tow View Post
                                    Why can`t I find the SU-30 in the sites of motionrc??? I`ve tried searching numerous ways but to no avail 🙄
                                    First of all, welcome to the HobbySquawk forums. Second, Motion RC sells Freewing EDF jets. The SU-30 is a Horizon Hobby product by their brand E-Flite. So, you won't see Motion RC selling the E-Flite SU-30. With that said, you will not see Freewing EDF jets offered for sale on the Horizon Hobby website either.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

First of all, welcome to the HobbySquawk forums. Second, Motion RC sells Freewing EDF jets. The SU-30 is a Horizon Hobby product by their brand E-Flite. So, you won't see Motion RC selling the E-Flite SU-30. With that said, you will not see Freewing EDF jets offered for sale on the Horizon Hobby website either.
                                      Thanks for the reply. Funny thing is - I did buy a kit of the SU-30 from motion a few weeks back, and that certainly makes me wonder......... Actually I was looking to find some spare parts,-maybe I have to look at Horizon or E-flite.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Tow View Post

Thanks for the reply. Funny thing is - I did buy a kit of the SU-30 from motion a few weeks back, and that certainly makes me wonder......... Actually I was looking to find some spare parts,-maybe I have to look at Horizon or E-flite.....
                                        Are you referring to the Freewing SU-35 twin 70mm EDF jet, not the E-Flite SU-30 twin 70mm EDF jet?

One is a SU-30 and the other a SU-35.

Comment

• No. I`m talking about the SU-30

Comment

Working...
                                          X