X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

You know it's not that much of a stretch from a T-33 to an F-94B....little nose job and only a slight beefing up of the rear fuselage with afterburner and you're there! Sweep the horizontal and you've got a F-94C.
    So tempting! I've always thought they were awfully close, a kit bash would work, but I read somewhere the real ones were completely different airframes.

Comment

• If memory serves me, Intentional spins in the full size T-33 were prohibited if "x" amount of fuel remained in the tip tanks. Had to do with overcoming centrifugal forces....

Old Dawg, lots of full scale T bird time.

Comment

• Funny you mention the nearly 8 min flight time as i did something really really wrong tonight.
        So i go to the field for our monthly meeting and flew a flight on my RT 6250ma pack before the meeting. I had charged two packs so i had an extra to fly after the meeting. Well i left the first battery in the plane unstrapped so it would sit on the gear and the other battery was sitting off to the side. Well the meeting ended and i went over to prep the plane but you guessed it, i reinstalled the same battery from my first flight. When i came down after the first flight i checked the battery on a cell meter and it came back at 52%. Well that was after my timer set for 3:15 plus 2m45s was added to touch down. I knew i was over and was pushing the time to see where my 35% mark could be.
        Ok, I flew from TO to taxi back for 6m with throttle management. The next flight with the same battery i went 3:15 plus 2:30 for and additional 5:45. When i went to check the battery, thinking it was my other charged pack, it read 11%!!!!. I then realized what happen and became very lucky indeed to have my plane back in one piece.
        So please dont repeat this as you will not be as fortunate as me.
        I like to point out the efficiency that this power system exhibits and with proper throttle management, long flights of 5-7mins is very possible using this battery. Other mileage may very!!!!!
        Yes i charged the battery to storage level and will check it later but it was just barely warm when i took it out to check.
        Lesson to rememeber
        ALWAYS check battery with a cap meter before strapping it in, i didnt!!
        Can i move my timer up? Very much so to most likely 4:45 to 5 but will see if that hits my 30-35% remaining mark.

Comment

• Originally posted by Husafreak View Post

So tempting! I've always thought they were awfully close, a kit bash would work, but I read somewhere the real ones were completely different airframes.
          The F-94A and B models has a lot of T-33 in them. They gained a new nose and new aft fuse to house the afterburner. The F-94C was nearly an all new aircraft, with thinner wings, different inlets and a swept horizontail tail.

Bashing the FW T-33 into an A or B model of the F-94 is doable. If you wanted to, it could be bashed into a stand off scale F-94C, with a fair amount of work. Keep the overly thick wings of the FW T-33 instead of making new wings.

I am still doing a little work when I can on my P-80 conversion. This is the latest pic I have, before the latest work that has been done. The P-80 is now paint stripped, with wingtips fully shaped. The fuse joints are spackled and blended in and the rear of the hatch now has a foam block blended to match the fuse. More pics soon.
          Attached Files

Comment

• ive had the same main gear come out on landing twice now... apparently I don't glue any better then that guy at the factory that forgets to glue them in lol... actually the second time clear gorilla glue has come to the rescue...if it comes out again its a new set of wings as its in there this time

Comment

• Hey guys just ordered an ARF f-14 that i will be powering with the t-33 inrunner power system. Do any of you guys who have this plane know the timing of the ESC? I assume it’s set to low bc it’s an inrunner. Thanks!

Comment

• I just looked at the FW manual for their ESCs, and it says all ESCs are set to low as default. I'm doing the same as you, but using other 100A ESCs I already have on hand (they are OPTO, no BEC). Are you using the stock T-33 ESCs, or something else?
                Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                  I just looked at the FW manual for their ESCs, and it says all ESCs are set to low as default. I'm doing the same as you, but using other 100A ESCs I already have on hand (they are OPTO, no BEC). Are you using the stock T-33 ESCs, or something else?
                  Cool thanks man.

I’m using the ESCs from the A-10. Cant wait to get this thing in the air haha

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                    I just looked at the FW manual for their ESCs, and it says all ESCs are set to low as default. I'm doing the same as you, but using other 100A ESCs I already have on hand (they are OPTO, no BEC). Are you using the stock T-33 ESCs, or something else?
                    Hi

Do you have a link for this, I can find it on website?

grts Hans

Comment

• Originally posted by timmybeetle View Post

Hi

Do you have a link for this, I can find it on website?

grts Hans
                      https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/10...iles/fwesc.pdf
                      Pat

Comment

• Hi T-33 fans, I really love how the jet handles and decided to get the full immersive experience flying from the cockpit. So my buddy and I both put head-tracking FPV cams in there and practice formation with our T-33’s. It’s early on yet in our training so still kinda far apart. We hope to eventually work in acro as we progress. Wish something can be done to clear up the canopy though, it’s quite foggy underneath.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                        Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                        Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Retract issue,glue....

Hi

Today after i guess about 10 flight with my T33 from grass on my last landing it was a bit bouncy but not too heavy.
                          Return to base and I inspected my LG to make sure everything is ok.
                          Sadly my right LG was a bit loose and my door was not at his place....
                          I received mine June 11.
                          See also https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...360#post259360

I repaired my door with acetone, and re glued my LG, other side still holding strong......

Hoop it will be ok for the next couple of flights.

Greetings Hans

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4922.JPG Views:	0 Size:	87.7 KB ID:	260747Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4923.JPG Views:	0 Size:	65.5 KB ID:	260748Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4924.JPG Views:	0 Size:	87.7 KB ID:	260746
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbinefancy View Post
                            Hi T-33 fans, I really love how the jet handles and decided to get the full immersive experience flying from the cockpit. So my buddy and I both put head-tracking FPV cams in there and practice formation with our T-33’s. It’s early on yet in our training so still kinda far apart. We hope to eventually work in acro as we progress. Wish something can be done to clear up the canopy though, it’s quite foggy underneath.
                            THAT was a really nice vid! thanks for sharing !
                            https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• Originally posted by timmybeetle View Post
                              Retract issue,glue....

Hi

Today after i guess about 10 flight with my T33 from grass on my last landing it was a bit bouncy but not too heavy.
                              Return to base and I inspected my LG to make sure everything is ok.
                              Sadly my right LG was a bit loose and my door was not at his place....
                              I received mine June 11.
                              See also https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...360#post259360

I repaired my door with acetone, and re glued my LG, other side still holding strong......

Hoop it will be ok for the next couple of flights.

Greetings Hans

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4922.JPG Views:	0 Size:	87.7 KB ID:	260747Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4923.JPG Views:	0 Size:	65.5 KB ID:	260748Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4924.JPG Views:	0 Size:	87.7 KB ID:	260746
                              Mine were still strong after 28 flights but this afternoon I decided to take out the retract boxes and glue them in again ... I don't want to mess up my scheme with a bad landing or ripped out retracts!
                              I hope your's are fine now so you can continue flying without issues!

Comment

• Some Rainbow fun

Rainbow fun with my Freewing T-33 :-)Enjoy!USAF US PNP: https://www.motionrc.com/collections/...https://www.motionrc.com/collections/jets-and-ducted-fan/prod...

Comment

• I have had very very few Freewing landing gear mounts pull out. The only time was during a very poor landing of the Ta-152H, when both let go, at about Flight 40 or so.

If I ever have another one pull loose from the foam, I am going to improve it a bit by adding a couple of number 8 drywall screws to the box. Drill the plastic box for the screw and countersink. Drill an oversized hole into the foam for a 1/2” deep or a little more. When you reglue the box, with whatever glue you like, fill your the oversized screw hole with some epoxy. This will increase the torsional and tension strength of the gear mounting box joint to the foam.

The key here is to not overdo it to the point that a bad landing rips the wing apart at the gear box mount. Add a little more strength where it takes more to pop it out, but not so much that it does wing damage.

Comment

• At the field today, my T-33 pilots were trying to escape the cockpit. Looks like the screws Freewing used to retain my pilots were a little on the short side. The front pilot is barely hanging on.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• My son flew his T-33 for the first time yesterday. He had an absolute blast with it. We flew both of them together, I have the German version, it was a lot of fun having them both up together. This is a great flying airplane right out of the box, no changes required.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• I just changed my 6 channel Admiral receiver over to a Spectrum AR8010T receiver. I also rerouted the Aileron Elevator, Rudder, and the Steering wiring and bypassed the MRC. then mixed the rudder with aux 2, then assigned aux 2 to the Rnob. Now I can adjust steering Center with the Rnob without changing the linkage adjustment to get it to track straight down the run way. Rudder and Steering have separate trims also added a telemetry Airspeed Indicator

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Man View Post
                                          I just changed my 6 channel Admiral receiver over to a Spectrum AR8010T receiver. I also rerouted the Aileron Elevator, Rudder, and the Steering wiring and bypassed the MRC. then mixed the rudder with aux 2, then assigned aux 2 to the Rnob. Now I can adjust steering Center with the Rnob without changing the linkage adjustment to get it to track straight down the run way. Rudder and Steering have separate trims also added a telemetry Airspeed Indicator
                                          I have done this as well. On my jets I put the nose steering on a separate channel and mix with rudder. I have some set up this way and others I have set a nose steering/throttle mix where my steering is down to about 25% when in the upper 1/3 of the throttle range to help with over correcting on the take off roll. Both of these methods work well. I am still trying to decide which works better for me.

Comment

Working...
                                          X