Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beeg, You are great. And for the last time, I hope, which size Robart wheel and tire set is the consensus, 3.5" or 3.75"? Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
      Beeg, You are great. And for the last time, I hope, which size Robart wheel and tire set is the consensus, 3.5" or 3.75"? Best, LB
      3.5" doesn't require sanding the rear edge of the well. I put 3.75" on mine with minimal sanding that opens the well just slightly aft of the main gear doors.

Here's my post on installing the 3-3/4"
      Page 47, post #939

Comment

• Gentleman, what is the best way to land this corsair? Is full flaps on landing on mains with some power and then let it bleed off until tail touches?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lowknifedge View Post
          Gentleman, what is the best way to land this corsair? Is full flaps on landing on mains with some power and then let it bleed off until tail touches?
          Some go for the 2 point landing (which looks sweet if you nail it) but if you watch the full scale landings, many are 3 pointers. I tend to land in the latter category. Full flaps (a must on a Corsair because the profile looks so sweet), gently bleed off airspeed and flare right before touchdown. This model is very friendly and forgiving. Bring her in with full flaps, keep about 20% throttle, manage the flare at the right moment and you will be rewarded with beautiful landings every single time.

My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Thanks!. Also my main gear are not in alignment. 1 tire is slightly toed out the other is straight. Is the general recommendation for a slight toe in, toe out, or parallel?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lowknifedge View Post
              Thanks!. Also my main gear are not in alignment. 1 tire is slightly toed out the other is straight. Is the general recommendation for a slight toe in, toe out, or parallel?
              Parallel is good but a slight tow in is better than toe out.

Comment

• Got graphics installed finally. I decided that I didn't want to paint the bottom of the plane so it's not exactly like the Skyboss, but I like it fine. I need to get it in a better spot to take a picture of it but it's snowing.

Comment

• Originally posted by redbarn View Post
                  Got graphics installed finally. I decided that I didn't want to paint the bottom of the plane so it's not exactly like the Skyboss, but I like it fine. I need to get it in a better spot to take a picture of it but it's snowing.
                  Howdy!!! The bird looks great!!! Welcome to Hobby Squawk!!!! Love the fireplace and the piano and the fact that you are using the table for your work bench!!! My wife always wants to serve food on mine!!! :Thinking::Thinking::Thinking::Cool:LOL Jerry

Comment

• [QUOTE=Callie Graphics;n176573]Have had some great graphic requests for this new bird! Here are a few we posted today. Also, a huge thanks to Steve for sending me an instrument panel to use as a template for the 3D printed panel!

Thanks guys!
                    Callie

Callie you are the best! Thank you for the custom Howard Pardue VMF-223 Graphics you made for me 2 summers ago. It was a tribute to my Dad's squadron.

I can't wait for the Custom A-4 VMA-223 graphics, that is the aircraft, #13, my Dad, CPL D. A. LACEY, worked on when he was in the Marines. I purchased the A-4 for a project that my kids and my Dad can work on. My father passed away on 1/27 so now the A-4 is a tribute to him.

The Marines Dream set you just created is amazing. Thank you for all you do, your work sometimes has a deeper meaning than just beautiful models! Again, thank you.

Comment

• [QUOTE=apmech1;n176745]
                      Originally posted by Callie Graphics View Post
                      Have had some great graphic requests for this new bird! Here are a few we posted today. Also, a huge thanks to Steve for sending me an instrument panel to use as a template for the 3D printed panel!

Thanks guys!
                      Callie

Callie you are the best! Thank you for the custom Howard Pardue VMF-223 Graphics you made for me 2 summers ago. It was a tribute to my Dad's squadron.

I can't wait for the Custom A-4 VMA-223 graphics, that is the aircraft, #13, my Dad, CPL D. A. LACEY, worked on when he was in the Marines. I purchased the A-4 for a project that my kids and my Dad can work on. My father passed away on 1/27 so now the A-4 is a tribute to him.

The Marines Dream set you just created is amazing. Thank you for all you do, your work sometimes has a deeper meaning than just beautiful models! Again, thank you.
                      Hey Bro.... Still have you and your family in our prayers!!! It is a hard thing to go thru, but we all have to do it!! Hang in there. My Dad died in 1997, and I still miss him!! Big ole R/C hugs!!! ;) Jerry

Comment

• [QUOTE=Hardway;n176749]
                        Originally posted by apmech1 View Post

Hey Bro.... Still have you and your family in our prayers!!! It is a hard thing to go thru, but we all have to do it!! Hang in there. My Dad died in 1997, and I still miss him!! Big ole R/C hugs!!! ;) Jerry
                        Yeah, my Dad died in 1968 when I was just 20. Same-same same even still dream about that old Texan now and then.

Comment

• I hear ya', thank you all. Just wanted to express my gratitude to Callie for doing an awesome job on all of our graphics. I have noticed that when a modeler requests a specific scheme, alot of times there is some kind of personal connection. Other times it is just a 'unique' factor. But none the less we choose our graphics for some reason or another. I tend to lean towards Marines schemes because 2 of my cousins, my Dad, myself all served in the Marines. My son is getting all his stuff together for his journey to the Yellow Footprints.

When I see everyone's planes and see how beautiful they are, I think you are all artists. This community on HS is so great for sharing their knowledge and experiences. Whether it is the mechanical side, electronics, or scale detail and painting / weathering, all you folks are great. Again thank you guys.

I read more than I post, well, because I haven't honed my skills as much. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Howdy!!! The bird looks great!!! Welcome to Hobby Squawk!!!! Love the fireplace and the piano and the fact that you are using the table for your work bench!!! My wife always wants to serve food on mine!!! :Thinking::Thinking::Thinking::Cool:LOL Jerry
                            Who needs food when a Corsair needs attention? And every guy knows that if there was a lady of the house here I'd be out in the cold working on my birds. Lol! Sadly she passed away several years ago and I'd gladly give up the table or anything else for her if she were here. Thanks for your kind comment on my Corsair Jerry. I had doubts about how it was gonna turn out but I'm satisfied with it. Callie has a great product and deserves most of the credit.

Comment

Got graphics installed finally. I decided that I didn't want to paint the bottom of the plane so it's not exactly like the Skyboss, but I like it fine. I need to get it in a better spot to take a picture of it but it's snowing.
                              Looks awesome! Great work!

Comment

Got graphics installed finally. I decided that I didn't want to paint the bottom of the plane so it's not exactly like the Skyboss, but I like it fine.
                                RB, "What apmech said" and she is perfect. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Regarding the flaps are folks mixing in down elevator and if so how much?
                                  Thanks

Comment

Who needs food when a Corsair needs attention? And every guy knows that if there was a lady of the house here I'd be out in the cold working on my birds. Lol! Sadly she passed away several years ago and I'd gladly give up the table or anything else for her if she were here. Thanks for your kind comment on my Corsair Jerry. I had doubts about how it was gonna turn out but I'm satisfied with it. Callie has a great product and deserves most of the credit.
                                    Hey, she is smiling down at you knowing that you are getting away with something rotten!!!! Many blessings!! Jerry
                                    ;)

Comment

• I just balanced my Corsair, I used two extra weights that came with it and made a total of 6 weights in the cowl. I balance my airplanes with the landing gear up so that when it comes down and swings forward I will have a slight nose-heavy bias ,Does six weights sound about right for everyone else?
                                      this is a head-on view of a 1/7 pilot in The Birdcage cockpit. He would be just right to be looking through a gun sight if I had one but I have no printer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cws View Post
                                        I just balanced my Corsair, I used two extra weights that came with it and made a total of 6 weights in the cowl. I balance my airplanes with the landing gear up so that when it comes down and swings forward I will have a slight nose-heavy bias ,Does six weights sound about right for everyone else?
                                        this is a head-on view of a 1/7 pilot in The Birdcage cockpit. He would be just right to be looking through a gun sight if I had one but I have no printer.
                                        When I maidened mine, completely stock, I left mine with I guess the four weights it comes with. I didn't add or remove anything extra. Page 44, Post #879

Comment

• Originally posted by Cws View Post
                                          I just balanced my Corsair, I used two extra weights that came with it and made a total of 6 weights in the cowl. I balance my airplanes with the landing gear up so that when it comes down and swings forward I will have a slight nose-heavy bias ,Does six weights sound about right for everyone else?
                                          With an Admiral 5000mAh 6s Lipo you shouldn't need to add or remove the weights. 4 are already installed, 2 extras are included. Adding and removing weights is in case your using other battery sizes and will differ for everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                          X