Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone having trouble with the flaps not going down smoothly? When I actuate the flaps they chatter on the way down. I don't believe its my receiver I wonder if it could be the blue box?

Comment

• Originally posted by boomer108 View Post
      Anyone having trouble with the flaps not going down smoothly? When I actuate the flaps they chatter on the way down. I don't believe its my receiver I wonder if it could be the blue box?
      Could be. Plug them in one at a time (if you can) into a servo tester and run them through their range of travel and see if you can reproduce it.

Comment

• Here is the battery I use in my OV-10, from Amazon 1 ZEEE 7200ma 4 cell 80-100c, and price is reasonable. Zeee 4S 14.8V 7200mAh 80C RC LiPo Battery Hard Case with EC5 Connector. Reduces the weight overall, and replaced the motors with a 5 for $42.00 deal I found on Amazon...Drop-in replacements, and changed to the Tigercat Props, with their hardware. KV rating of 920. The motors are branded "Exceed". Amazing change to the available power. It flies like it should have from the start....It is a half trottle plane now, with plenty of overhead. Bronco Mike

Comment

• hope it works out for ya we need pics lol

Comment

• I flew my OV10 today and it flew good but it was squirrely I'm thinking I need to put an gyro in it to see if it will help with the flight quality. Its been a long time since I installed a gyro but I only have a 6 channel radio and every channel is being used.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
              I flew my OV10 today and it flew good but it was squirrely I'm thinking I need to put an gyro in it to see if it will help with the flight quality. Its been a long time since I installed a gyro but I only have a 6 channel radio and every channel is being used.
              What do you mean by "squirrelly". Do you mean the infamous tail wag as you are coming out of a banked turn? If that's the case, all you need is the simplest, cheapest gyro to get this plane to fly solid. Something like a HobbyEagle A3-L or Freewing gyro. You don't need to have an extra channel to switch it on or off or to have the ability to control the master gain on a knob (extra channel needed). Fly the plane and have it trimmed as well as you can, then you install the gyro in the proper manner and start very conservatively with the rate gain pot set low (say ~25% of its full travel). The heading gain should be set to zero on this plane. When no leads are plugged in to control "mode" or master gain, it's just ON all the time. After you do your first flight to make sure the gain is OK and the plane doesn't do anything weird like oscillating in any axis at full speed, land it and turn the gain pot up just a hair (say to ~30%). Take it up again and do a fast pass, if no oscillation occurs (and you'll see the oscillation on the roll axis first), land and again turn it up a hair. Continual to do this until you see aileron oscillation, slow down immediately and land, dial back the gain just a tiny bit and it's all set and good to go for the rest of the time you fly this plane as is.
              However, if you mean it's doing something else when you say squirrelly, you'll have to describe it better. In terms of roll and pitch axis, this plane flies very well. It just could use a bit of a "yaw damper" like in some of the big airliner jets to control the tail waggle a bit.

Comment

• It seemed squirrelly to me but I suppose its more of the tail wag, so I will get a gyro to see if it helps this plane out. Thanks for the help!

Comment

• I am using a Horus 10X and a S6R which makes a big difference between when the stabilization is on or off. With it on, it flys smoother in the turns and thats just with the rudder gains set to use as a yaw dampner. Gyro help on yaw axis is highly recommended and its 13 mins of enjoyable flying on box stock config.

Comment

• I might have to grab one of these. They look so cool flying.

Comment

• I'm flying mine with the Spektrum AR637T with Relative Gain settings at a maximum at 40%. I've dialed the settings back to about 37% to take out the "Tail Wag" as Xviper mentioned. I sure enjoy flying this plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                        I might have to grab one of these. They look so cool flying.
                        They're a great flying model but as others have noted be sure to mod the canopy for security. Mine flew off on it's maiden flight not heeding the warning others have presented.

Comment

• Oh I seen the canopy fly off first hand, and the damage from it falling off

Comment

• Looks like motion is getting more of my money I need a 8 channel radio to operate the gyro.

Comment

• what is the canopy mod.. searching here doesnt make it show up

Comment

• Modding the rear hold down. I added additional plastic plate across the rear edge of the canopy that filled the gap left when the canopy is seated. I think I used about 3/32 or so thickness which gives the pin more to latch to.

Comment

• I put a thin foam strip along the front and then spaced the hold down plate a little. I also swapped the pin in the latch for a little longer one. Gave me the same gap front and rear.

Comment

• Evan
                                    How did you install a longer pin in the latch? I am currently putting a magnet at the rear of the canopy.

Comment

• The pin is just a short piece of piano wire. I pried the latch out of the wing, split it in two and the little post has a set screw on it, undo the set screw and use the old pin to measure a slightly longer one and then reverse for install. I think I put pictures in the thread on RCG but maybe here too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	latch mod.jpg
Views:	650
Size:	193.5 KB
ID:	316209

Comment

• Thanks for the info on the latch. The upgrade seems simple enough to do.

Comment

• I really helps too. Until I did that there was enough flex to pop the canopy.

Comment

Working...
                                          X