• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delete

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
      1500 p 47 ia back in stock at hh
      Also at Tower Hobbies and probably other places, too. I think the FMS P-47 ship has finally come in!!

Comment

• Just checked with hh and they dont really know if they are in or not. They said will get back to me

update lol this is from hh
        I'm sorry, our internal system is showing that we do not have stock of this item, regardless of what our website shows. The representative you spoke with, I can assure you, is still looking into this. We have informed the correct department and we will be getting back to you, once we have an answer on why this discrepancy is showing.

what a way to run a company

Comment

Just checked with hh and they dont really know if they are in or not. They said will get back to me

I'm sorry, our internal system is showing that we do not have stock of this item, regardless of what our website shows. The representative you spoke with, I can assure you, is still looking into this. We have informed the correct department and we will be getting back to you, once we have an answer on why this discrepancy is showing.

Wow! Some confusion in the home office there, to be sure! Tower Hobbies had shown it in stock for a short time, now they say it is "unavailable." It seems to be a pretty elusive model to get your hands on. I ended up buying one online from a company in Austria, of all places! Hang in there, hopefully it will come available someplace in the USA soon. I'll keep my eyes open if I see it appear at any of the websites.

davegee

Comment

Just checked with hh and they dont really know if they are in or not. They said will get back to me

For what it's worth, I just checked EBay. They show two of them, both new. One is on auction for $250, starting bid, bid time left is about 4 days. The other is selling new for $499.99 plus $100 shipping. Just a thought.

davegee

Comment

• canciled my hh p47 and was told about fair rc that ships out of north fla had the p40 in stock and ordered one ..it doesent have the gyro but never wanted one anyway.. also fms has p40's with the gyro on there site

Comment

canciled my hh p47 and was told about fair rc that ships out of north fla had the p40 in stock and ordered one ..it doesent have the gyro but never wanted one anyway.. also fms has p40's with the gyro on there site
                I just became aware of FairRC, which I think operates out of China. I bought some extra parts for my FMS P-47 and they sent them at a reasonable price and quickly, too. I am encouraged at what I have seen with Fair RC so far. Good luck with your P-40. I didn't know about any shipping out of Florida, but that's a good thing to have shipping within the USA for us.

davegee

Comment

• Got myself one of these Thunderbolts but the tiny original prop bugged the crap outta me so I fitted a spare 18 inch prop from my FMS 1700mm Corsair and it now looks super scale!
                  Yeah it doesn't fly as fast as it did with the smaller prop but that doesn't phase me as I don't fly my planes flat out anyway and prefer a more scale performance. It fly's great with no excessive torque effects and I still get up to 8 minutes of flight time out of a 5000 pack and the CG is perfect! No overheating of the motor or ESC either which was my primary concern. No prop strikes on take offs and landing either and the sound the prop makes cutting through the air is sensational! I absolutely love it! 😁

Also had to change over the motor shaft and painted the hub and spinner to better match the silver as black plastic parts didn't look right..

Click image for larger version  Name:	received_8098104483598244.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.8 KB ID:	358265

Comment

• Originally posted by spanner76 View Post
                    Got myself one of these Thunderbolts but the tiny original prop bugged the crap outta me so I fitted a spare 18 inch prop from my FMS 1700mm Corsair and it now looks super scale!
                    Yeah it doesn't fly as fast as it did with the smaller prop but that doesn't phase me as I don't fly my planes flat out anyway and prefer a more scale performance. It fly's great with no excessive torque effects and I still get up to 8 minutes of flight time out of a 5000 pack and the CG is perfect! No overheating of the motor or ESC either which was my primary concern. No prop strikes on take offs and landing either and the sound the prop makes cutting through the air is sensational! I absolutely love it! 😁

Also had to change over the motor shaft and painted the hub and spinner to better match the silver as black plastic parts didn't look right..

Click image for larger version Name:	received_8098104483598244.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.8 KB ID:	358265
                    Looks great! Did you need to switch out the ESC or any other parts besides the motor shaft? Did the motor shaft mount ok onto the stock motor that comes with this kit, or did you also put the 1700mm motor in there? I really like this airplane's scale performance ( I have two of them painted in different scale paint schemes) and I have to admit the small prop bugs the crap out of me, too. But I haven't switched out to a more scale look like you have on yours, yet...

Well done! Appreciate any further comments on how you did the mod on this one.

davegee

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post

Looks great! Did you need to switch out the ESC or any other parts besides the motor shaft? Did the motor shaft mount ok onto the stock motor that comes with this kit, or did you also put the 1700mm motor in there? I really like this airplane's scale performance ( I have two of them painted in different scale paint schemes) and I have to admit the small prop bugs the crap out of me, too. But I haven't switched out to a more scale look like you have on yours, yet...

Well done! Appreciate any further comments on how you did the mod on this one.

davegee
                      Hey,

No I didn't change the motor or ESC, only the motor shaft and prop itself. Although I am thinking of replacing the stock 460kv motor with a 650kv I have but unsure if the ESC will be able to handle that. Will have to do more research on that and get a load tester.

The new scale look with the bigger prop is definitely a huge improvement even when just sitting on display! It looks fantastic! I moved the plane into my office so I can just look at it! The stock prop is so tiny and it really looks weak and pathetic..

Comment

Hey,

No I didn't change the motor or ESC, only the motor shaft and prop itself. Although I am thinking of replacing the stock 460kv motor with a 650kv I have but unsure if the ESC will be able to handle that. Will have to do more research on that and get a load tester.

The new scale look with the bigger prop is definitely a huge improvement even when just sitting on display! It looks fantastic! I moved the plane into my office so I can just look at it! The stock prop is so tiny and it really looks weak and pathetic..
                        Hi Spanner 76: I totally agree with the new look! I've been a huge fan of the P-47 for decades, used to fly 1/6 scale Aerotech and Yellow P-47s in team competition around the country with a friend of mine. We used a large wood or carbon fiber two-blade prop for flying, and for display a scale looking 4 blade prop, similar to what you have mounted on your P-47, I'm pretty happy with the scale details and outline of the FMS P-47, as well as fully retractable gear (including tailwheel) and doors.

Thanks for answering my questions. My last question is, the prop shaft that you mounted from the larger 650kv motor onto your stock 460kv motor, I assume the screw holes were compatible to make the switch out without any issues?

Good work!! I hope I can add the same thing to my FMS razorback P-47s for a more scale look.

Cheers

davegee

Click image for larger version

Name:	P-47 Hairless Joe on Runway 22 at Boxted.001.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	358383Click image for larger version

Name:	side view of Fire Ball.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	358384

Comment

Hi Spanner 76: I totally agree with the new look! I've been a huge fan of the P-47 for decades, used to fly 1/6 scale Aerotech and Yellow P-47s in team competition around the country with a friend of mine. We used a large wood or carbon fiber two-blade prop for flying, and for display a scale looking 4 blade prop, similar to what you have mounted on your P-47, I'm pretty happy with the scale details and outline of the FMS P-47, as well as fully retractable gear (including tailwheel) and doors.

Thanks for answering my questions. My last question is, the prop shaft that you mounted from the larger 650kv motor onto your stock 460kv motor, I assume the screw holes were compatible to make the switch out without any issues?

Good work!! I hope I can add the same thing to my FMS razorback P-47s for a more scale look.

Cheers

davegee

Click image for larger version  Name:	P-47 Hairless Joe on Runway 22 at Boxted.001.jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.5 KB ID:	358383Click image for larger version  Name:	side view of Fire Ball.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.4 KB ID:	358384
                          Hey Dave, not worries at all. Regarding the motor shaft, yes the larger motor shaft bolts straight up to the smaller motor as the bolt patterns are identical between them thankfully.

It certainly a very nice plane made only better with the bigger prop!

Comment

Got myself one of these Thunderbolts but the tiny original prop bugged the crap outta me so I fitted a spare 18 inch prop from my FMS 1700mm Corsair and it now looks super scale!

Click image for larger version Name:	received_8098104483598244.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.8 KB ID:	358265
                            Welcome to squark team spanner.. great job with the bigger prop. Awsome.. when my buddys see the prop on my fline corsair they cant believe it... size does matter,,, just looks right...

Comment

Hey,

Hi Spanner 76: I did order the prop parts that you recommended to try them on one of my two FMS P-47s. I had to go to a couple of sources to get all of them, and it might take a few weeks to get all of them, but I'm looking forward to trying out your idea on my plane. The plane flies great on the stock short prop, but on the ground, it looks a little out of place with such a muscle plane fighter like the P-47 was. I'll post my results once I get the parts in the mail and have the chance to get a few flights in.

Cheers

davegee

Name:	IMG-0868.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	358542

Comment

Hey,

Hi Spanner 76: I did order the prop parts that you recommended to try them on one of my two FMS P-47s. I had to go to a couple of sources to get all of them, and it might take a few weeks to get all of them, but I'm looking forward to trying out your idea on my plane. The plane flies great on the stock short prop, but on the ground, it looks a little out of place with such a muscle plane fighter like the P-47 was. I'll post my results once I get the parts in the mail and have the chance to get a few flights in.

Cheers

davegee

Views:	241
ID:	358545

Comment

Cheers

davegee

Views:	241
ID:	358545
                                  Excellent! I hope the parts arrive quick for you! I was in my rc plane hanger room this morning actually and the P-47 does look absolutely awesome with the bigger prop! 🤩

Just keep in mind to monitor the current draw and temps, I was happy to do this mod at my own risk but I would hate to see someone else lose their plane doing the same thing.

I haven't had any issues with either myself but its always good to be aware of the risks.

Comment

Excellent! I hope the parts arrive quick for you! I was in my rc plane hanger room this morning actually and the P-47 does look absolutely awesome with the bigger prop! 🤩

Just keep in mind to monitor the current draw and temps, I was happy to do this mod at my own risk but I would hate to see someone else lose their plane doing the same thing.

I haven't had any issues with either myself but its always good to be aware of the risks.
                                    Hi Spanner 76: Yes, I am well aware of the risks, and I've known one or more people on Hobbysquawk who have also put the larger prop on their P-47s and have flown them successfully. Any testing I do along these lines would strictly be my responsibility (and blame) if it doesn't go well. But I think it is worth running a couple flights on the larger prop, even if it doesn't end up as well as I like. I like tinkering with scale projects like this, even if they don't turn out, sometimes. But I am fairly confident I can get the plane up in the air and back down again safely. If it's a nail biter, I can always go back to the stock prop for flying it.

Just curious, are you going to keep the stock paint scheme on your airplane as it came from the factory, or do you have any ideas on putting a new paint scheme on it?

Cheers

davegee

Comment

• Hey Dave,

Well mine seems to fly fine without any obvious issues so I'm sure yours will too!

Even though there are better P-47 liveries out there I will keep the original color scheme as I have the Hobby Master Bonnie model and it's cool to have a flying version of it.

Comment

Hey Dave,

Well mine seems to fly fine without any obvious issues so I'm sure yours will too!

Even though there are better P-47 liveries out there I will keep the original color scheme as I have the Hobby Master Bonnie model and it's cool to have a flying version of it.
                                        That is an excellent choice. Brig. Gen. Bill Dunham as you probably know, was a triple ace (16 kills) from WWII, and had a storied air force career. By coincidence, right after WWII, he was assigned to Selfridge AFB, MI, and flew with the reconstituted 56th Fighter Group from WWII fame. My two FMS P-47s are repainted in colors from that same unit in WWII. The Dunham paint scheme that comes with the FMS airplane is quite good, a real classic. Happy Flying!

I was just wondering, could you tell me the approximate MSL altitude of your flying field? I just wanted to have that information handy to evaluate the performance of my P-47 once I get the parts sent to me in the mail. The field elevation of my local club flying site is 5,000 MSL. If you are closer to sea level, that would be good to know, as my performance might be less in the thinner air. If you are about the same elevation as me where you have been flying, I should probably expect similar performance with my plane as you have enjoyed with yours, so far.

Cheers

davegee

Comment

• Not really sure how to calculate the MSL but as far as I know it's 9m or 29.5ft..

Comment

Working...
                                          X