Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good question Mad Baron, haven't heard anything yet, but it would be a cool mod for this plane. OV-10 should be looking into that at some time I'm sure. They don't seem to be too concerned about upgraded suspension on 1200 mm sized planes.

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• The reason I asked is that the gear seems to take quite a beating on a grass runway.

Comment

• I thought I would share a flight line photo with you guys. I'm finding the 3600mah 4S pack to be the best battery out of my stock for this plane. I'm getting 9 plus minutes on a pack and it performs so much better than my 5000mah pack. Seems to be the right combo of flight time and performance..

Comment

• Hey T, dang that cat looks familiar!
          Mine is '2' instead of '1'
          Looks like the Spar Varathane or Minwax treatment on her, sure makes a difference doesn't it!
          I found the 4000's to be great as well and the flight time is great, even since I swapped out the motor, ESC and prop. If you decide to go that route, the battery has to come back a bit so that it lines up with the front of the wooden hatch floor, other than that she's good. This is an awesome airplane just stock but it will blow your mind with the upgraded motor, 85A ESC and the 1400 mm Corsair prop. Can't wait to clean up the drool from the guys at Nefi!!

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Need a answer please. Cub member said if u use y connectors instead of the blue box that the y connects or must be a reversing y. Is this true?? Please let me know thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by tbnil View Post
              Need a answer please. Cub member said if u use y connectors instead of the blue box that the y connects or must be a reversing y. Is this true?? Please let me know thanks
              No....
              TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• ^^ What TiredIron said. While there is a reversed servo on this for flaps, the servo itself is already reversed, so just normal Y connectors are needed.
                Pat

Comment

• Thanks for the reply. What is the KV on the optional power up grade? Called motion but they weren't really sure (surprised they weren't sure) thanks. Tom

Comment

• 3648 880 kv.
                    Check out the product page, all the info is there.
                    At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Welcome, BTW, and hope you like the plane. I used the blue box, pretty straight forward once you realize that the one they show in the manual isn't the one you get with the plane. I rewrote that manual several months ago, don't know why they haven't updated it.
                    The wires going out (flaps retracts and ailerons) are the only ones you should plug into the box, everything else (elevator, throttle and rudder) goes directly to the receiver.

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

• I used Y harnesses on all wing surfaces and they are working fine.....
                      btw the pic of the f8 upside down for balanceing has the gear out is that standard? I thought it was to balanced with the gear down but either way this plane flys well with almost any battery lol.... I use admiral 4s 4000 all the way forward and a 10 min flight is not unusuall

Comment

• I went by what Ryan said in the flight video until I swapped out the motor and prop, then the battery had to go back to the foam cross support just beyond the battery tray. It took a minor bit of work to get the motor in, new holes to mount it, but once done, this plane acts/looks more like the real thing. I haven't seen one with the 880 kv and two blade prop upgrade yet, but it can't be much faster than this one and I use a more realistic looking prop. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9493.JPG
Views:	368
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	79253
                        And yes, I did eventually paint the nut and washer yellow.
                        Winter project, retractable tail wheel.

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Callie Graphics, Aluminum Push Rods and weathering added. My right aileron came off after about 12 flights but nothing that a little Welders couldn't fix and good as new. She runs really fast on 5S if you feel the need for speed.

Comment

• Looks good Two Few !! Mine screams with her 650 kv on 4s. 5s would be scary !!
                            I had the left aileron pop off a couple of weeks ago as well. Foam-Tac and she's good as new. I'm thinking I might install the hinges during the winter.

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• Hey Guy's,I have been busy lately with my Sons baseball season and now getting ready to order me a Bearcat. I have a question as I am fairly new to planes,I am going to put an AX3S 636A reciever in this plane,how would I wire up this reciever with the blue box the plane comes with?

Thanks for the help..:)

Comment

• Originally posted by TomC View Post
                                Hey Guy's,I have been busy lately with my Sons baseball season and now getting ready to order me a Bearcat. I have a question as I am fairly new to planes,I am going to put an AX3S 636A reciever in this plane,how would I wire up this reciever with the blue box the plane comes with?

Thanks for the help..:)
                                You don't have to use the blue box if you don't want it as It's just there to eliminate Y-harnesses. Or, you can use it and just think of it as a combined Y-harness.

Comment

• Thanks Beeg :)...So if I choose not to use the blue box , Do I need to purchase Y connectors? if So, how many?

Comment

• You won't need any extra cable if you use the blue box. The box is for Ailerons flaps and landing gear and the output is a single wire for two of them and a double wire, which supplies the power for the other two. The elevator and rudder plug directly into the receiver.
                                    In my case, I ran an A3L in my Bearcat, so if I can do it with the extra wires involved with that, yours should be a snap.

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• thanks guy's :Cool:

Comment

• Check out Ryan's video, same box on the Ta-152
                                        This is a video showing how to connect the FlightlineRC Ta 152's Blue Box from the plane to the Box and from the Box to the receiver.

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• for some reason it has me as a student pilot NOT true have been flying rc since 1973 and currently a ama intro pilot and club instructor just wanted to correct the mistake, Grossman you really make some great suggestions and advice ! I just want to say the the advances in fliteline ,fms, elite etc is fantastic. to be able to buy a bearcat for 199 is a absolute steal, the quality and flying quality are amazing. in 1975 if i bought a balsa rc kit for $100 or so it would take 1 to 2 months of glueing, installing servos and ending plus every thing the was glow plug motors ,painting or monokote plus hinging total cost close to 250 or so. Now you get a PNP kit servos installed etc takes maybe 1 hour or 2 to put it together,program radio and go flying for $199 !!!! We are really spoiled thats all want to say right now. PS motion and their grew are amazing also hope that the use of connects in the wins and fuse will become the norm,

Comment

Working...
                                          X