Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Dynam 1500mm B-26 Marauder Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
    Would that be second to last?
    "Last to none"
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Yes!

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

"Last to none"
        How can they comment on QC without having an understanding of the whole concept! ;)

Comment

• By talking out of the side of their mouths. They know how much money they save using inferior components and labor. They think if they talk a good game that people might buy it. Well we put up with it, but not anymore. I think Motion is right. They should improve their products before Motion places an order.
          Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• To me, every since I've been dealing with Motion and stuff I bought from them, I feel like they've been a game changer in the industry. In service and demand for quality. Hands down the best I've ever seen.

Comment

• One has to keep some things in perspective here. Consider that this B-26 costs $249.00US. If we demand and expect higher quality that would make it comparable to stuff from Freewing/Flightline and FMS, the price goes up. By comparison, take the FMS B-25 for example. It retails for $314.00. Now, take the Flightline P-38 Lightning and F7F-3 Tigercat as 2 other examples. Those go for $349.00. I consider the FMS plane to be of slightly lesser quality than the P-38 and F7F. If we had slightly higher expectations for the B-25, it would be priced in the Flightline plane territory. In the same token, if we have higher expectations for the Dynam product, it will be priced in the FMS territory. Higher yet, and we're in Flightline territory.
              Personally, I've always liked Dynam for their price point and I am always aware of the limitations and lesser quality of that brand. That doesn't stop me from buying them. I am therefore, fully prepared to put in a bit more time and money to make them the way I want them. When I have those higher expectations, I buy FMS and Flightline. Be mindful of what you ask for and what you expect. You can't get steak for hamburger pricing.
              I was very excited and grateful that MotionRC took on the Dynam line. The other choices for suppliers were much less than desirable and I stopped buying Dynam products. I, for one, hope that Motion doesn't stop buying from Dynam until they up their quality. Once that happens, there will be no more products at that price point to choose from (except maybe some of the much lower end HobbyKing products). Even those H.King planes have their market.

Comment

• While that is true, what i expect is a product that will fly and land under my control out of the box. My first B26, while it flew for the most part, it decided to land nose first on its own on it's maiden venture to the field, with the specified 4000mah pack in it. After buying the new replacement parts, and doing all the prescribed modifications, it now flys like it should have from day one. I will add this is the ONLY dynam product that I had an issue with. And I have had 3 previous, to include the PBY, flew great, all the way to the scene of the crash many many flights later, and the f6f that's still flying perfectly, and the f4u flying perfect as well. So my complaint would be, don't be rushing out the new stuff before you know it's really ready to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                  One has to keep some things in perspective here. Consider that this B-26 costs $249.00US. If we demand and expect higher quality that would make it comparable to stuff from Freewing/Flightline and FMS, the price goes up. By comparison, take the FMS B-25 for example. It retails for $314.00. Now, take the Flightline P-38 Lightning and F7F-3 Tigercat as 2 other examples. Those go for $349.00. I consider the FMS plane to be of slightly lesser quality than the P-38 and F7F. If we had slightly higher expectations for the B-25, it would be priced in the Flightline plane territory. In the same token, if we have higher expectations for the Dynam product, it will be priced in the FMS territory. Higher yet, and we're in Flightline territory.
                  Personally, I've always liked Dynam for their price point and I am always aware of the limitations and lesser quality of that brand. That doesn't stop me from buying them. I am therefore, fully prepared to put in a bit more time and money to make them the way I want them. When I have those higher expectations, I buy FMS and Flightline. Be mindful of what you ask for and what you expect. You can't get steak for hamburger pricing.
                  I was very excited and grateful that MotionRC took on the Dynam line. The other choices for suppliers were much less than desirable and I stopped buying Dynam products. I, for one, hope that Motion doesn't stop buying from Dynam until they up their quality. Once that happens, there will be no more products at that price point to choose from (except maybe some of the much lower end HobbyKing products). Even those H.King planes have their market.
                  Its a good point, there is definitely a niche in the market for less-expensive planes. I think that it's reasonable to expect that they shouldn't be defective, at least. I hope that Dynam can continue to provide planes in this category and they should be on a good track if they try to make efforts along the way to implement quality improvements without affecting the price point. Whether the Dynam line continues to be carried by MRC is another thing.... its sure not going to happen if Dynam isn't willing to play nice (re: the Bitgo affair). I hope these two companies can work something out.
                  Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• I understand that with higher quality comes a higher price. I would at least expect for things like magnetic clips to be flush on the battery access and center wing cover. And the engine nacelle to be aligned on both the onboard and outside edges. It's the obvious misgivings that drive me nuts. Overall it's a great model.

I'm in the process of removing my nacelle to realign them and open up ports for cooling

Comment

• You haven't tried the landing gear yet.

Comment

• On RC Groups I was a accused of being a conspiracy theorist for suggesting that Bitgo was an EB-5 Visa plan by the Dynam owner. Being married to a Chinese this is all a lot of them talk about. It's all legal. To me it makes perfect sense. Good news is once they get their Citizenship they abandon the business.

Comment

• Yeah, all you gotta tell them is shut up and read your user name out loud. Ha! :Cool:

Comment

• So after my bomb bay mod of moving the servos to the aft compartment and taking out the tail weights I am able to balance at 60mm with not only a 3300 4 s Glacier battery, but also a 2200 4s. The 3300 is forward and the 2200 is all the way back. Is 57-60mm the accepted CG location?

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                              So after my bomb bay mod of moving the servos to the aft compartment and taking out the tail weights I am able to balance at 60mm with not only a 3300 4 s Glacier battery, but also a 2200 4s. The 3300 is forward and the 2200 is all the way back. Is 57-60mm the accepted CG location?
                              That is the CG that I am using. I haven't tried a 2200 but I'll bet it will fly really well with it.
                              Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• 60 to 65 seems to be best really for mine, of course I'm flying heavy with 4k and 5k batteries

Comment

• I weighed mine with a load of bombs and with the battery (3300 Glacier) inside. 6.3lbs.

Comment

• Should be alright

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                                      You haven't tried the landing gear yet.
                                      Yes, I have tried my gear multiple times with a short pause between cycles. It hasn't failed to work yet. But if it does we grow a stretch of tall grass that runs parallel to our runway just for such issues and for people who simply belly land.

Comment

• That's a good idea

Comment

• I am needing some help. I took my B-26 flying today (light breeze and sunny skys) I put one flight on it and it flew great let it sit for about 30 minutes and flew it again about 3 minutes into the flight it was in a left turn and I heard a pitch change in the motors because it banked real hard I was able to recover it I thought that I overcorrected the turn. About anther minute into the flight the motors seemed to be cutting out I immediately set it up for landing and as I was ready to touch down one of the motors dropped rpm which made for semi controlled landing that bent the crap out of the nose gear. I replaced the broken prop and ran up the motors for bout 1-2 minutes and they seem to run fine but after shutting down the motors the prop nuts were really hot as well as the battery lead in the plane was warmer than it should be. I have cooling holes cut out in the cowl. Any thoughts? Any help would be appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                                          X