X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
    Might have been the throws. But I never use more than 1/4 stick when I'm doing a shakedown,. It almost crashed on the maiden rotation. It rolled left immediately. All the snapovers were to the left as well
    Always left... Let me think on that a bit... I would say P factor, but with counter rotating props, that shouldn't have been an issue at all... Just feeling bad for you.... That really is not cool for your first flight. :-)

Comment

• Woody, I have a nose of a T-28 in my shop that looks strangely similar to your avatar.... :-) Was talking to my buddy and flew it into the ground on landing approach.... LOL

Comment

• Indeed I just ordered a bunch of spare parts

Comment

• [QUOTE=TiredIronGRB;n92112]Gear doors...

Nice work! Wondering how you did that - where did you get those hinges from.

Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Very sorry to hear rifleman. Will be assembling this weekend. Maiden sunday i hope. What battery were you using? Do you think the battery could have slid back? Any first flight reports from anyone else? Battery type/weight? Recommended CG? Fly similar to any other plane? P38 perhaps?
            Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

Might have been the throws. But I never use more than 1/4 stick when I'm doing a shakedown,. It almost crashed on the maiden rotation. It rolled left immediately. All the snapovers were to the left as well
              Curious if you did a throttle calibration to sync the motors? Sounds like one motor was pulling more than the other.

Comment

• My Durafly Bf 110 does the same thing, but after lift off it mellows out. Calibrated the ESC so many times it is a bad habit. It doesn't snap though, just scares the ka ka out of you.
                Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ruffneckx1 View Post

TIGRB...are you only using one gear door per wheel ?

Woody
                  Yes

TiredIron Aviation
                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Did you calibrate the escs first, sounds like you have a motor turning faster then the other one

Comment

• Hardway.............mine was done at SEFF a couple of years ago.I called a landing but someone decided he had the right of way and came down on top of me. Easy enough fix as it was a clean break, though unnecessary.

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by CFIT rob View Post
                        Very sorry to hear rifleman. Will be assembling this weekend. Maiden sunday i hope. What battery were you using? Do you think the battery could have slid back? Any first flight reports from anyone else? Battery type/weight? Recommended CG? Fly similar to any other plane? P38 perhaps?
                        Sorry to hear about the crash. I flew at 60mm and loved it.

Comment

• Almost done, decals and some paint for the white legs and she'll be ready to fly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170811_234540408_iOS.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	92165

Name:	20170811_234558130_iOS.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	92164

Name:	20170811_234610655_iOS.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	92163
                          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Dam you putt that together fast , whats up with the canopy. Looks pretty fogged up

Comment

• Yeah I did the calibration first thing. I was using a 4s 5000 and 4s 4000. Both packs did the same. I kept moving the battery forward through the flights. Just never seem to be happy in the air. Maybe that's why they called this the widow Maker.

Comment

• Originally posted by fieldofdreamsflyer View Post
                                Dam you putt that together fast , whats up with the canopy. Looks pretty fogged up
                                Had silver paint all over the canopy, used Goofoff and it fogged it up.
                                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Oh the 4000 was a zippy and the 5000s were nanotech

Comment

• Unpacked mine today and as someone else already mentioned, that lead weight in the tail was just rattling around loose - probably what caused the rear guns to detach and rattle around, too. Anyway, I took that weight out. I'd rather move the battery back or use smaller batteries to make it balance. That top wing cap is really ill fitting. Don't know if I'm going to mess with it. Tried shaving a little off the rear lip but that didn't do a thing. It could be the magnets aren't embedded enough and that's what's holding the cap too high up. The front lip is easy. I'll Blenderm that in place.

Comment

• Can someone post a picture of where the lead weight is? Mine didn't have one.
                                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Mine was rattling around don't know if it was before or after the crash

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                          Can someone post a picture of where the lead weight is? Mine didn't have one.
                                          I weighed the lead and it is 1.54 ounces. In the section of the tail, directly under the tail guns... (that happen to go to the Dynam BF-110 rear gunner) Just say'n. The paintbrush indicates where mine was floating around.... :-)

Comment

Working...
                                          X