X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sfcfury View Post

Me too!! All time favorite helicopter. I grew up close to an army base, so I've watched it all my life... well at least until the Army retired them. Yes that is the 500 Roban. I'm working on the 700 one now.
    Very cool! I am working on the 700 as well. Still can’t believe how much of a monster it is! Makes my 500 Huey look tiny! Would love to try modifying one of the 500 Roban fuselages over to a Z model with the 4 blade head and tail someday.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
      Very cool! I am working on the 700 as well. Still can’t believe how much of a monster it is! Makes my 500 Huey look tiny! Would love to try modifying one of the 500 Roban fuselages over to a Z model with the 4 blade head and tail someday.
      I see you did the same thing I did... a side by side comparison... Yes its crazy how much bigger it is. I'm slowly chipping away at it...

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

FMS 1700 P51? It didn't look like a foamy. Is that the "Ferocious Frankie?" Would have loved that one but I think they discontinued it. In fact I hear Horizon / Tower are now the main source for FMS but all their P51s are on B/O so I bought the Hangar 9 P51 20cc but making it electric.
        Here's a decent picture in flight... I like the model a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by sfcfury View Post

Thanks! Yea I always get some simulator time in before I head to the field... I'm not completely terrible lol... I just think I get more nervous than anything.

Here's one of my P51 Landings... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwr7s044NRg.

But I credit that to the plane... My FW-190 never quite looked that good lol!!

Also I'm helo guy here's my Cobra... Never anything fancy but I really enjoy those as well, and the Cobra is one of my favorite helicopters.

But I'm really looking forward to the Corsair... everything I'm reading and seeing... it looks rock steady and dreamy in the air!
          Really nice landing with your P51 .... you shouldn't have any trouble at all.

I was flying helicopters back in the 1980s I have never posted this photo until now. I am flying the Hughes 500 Greg M is flying upsidedown over the full size Bell 47G the photo was taken using a new prototype video helicopter for this time. lots of other guys I cant remember too.... I put some other shots from a long time ago :)

Rich

Click image for larger version  Name:	2019-03-10_133820.jpg Views:	0 Size:	126.0 KB ID:	183769Click image for larger version  Name:	Scan_20160512 (6).jpg Views:	0 Size:	163.6 KB ID:	183770Click image for larger version  Name:	Scan_20160512 (11).jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.0 KB ID:	183773
          Attached Files

Comment

• Rich, that is just plain AWESOME! The helis are gorgeous, and I love the Bell 47! I’ve been eying up the Vario kit for a long time now, and someday I’ll get to it. The full size would be some fantastic fun as well. I’ve done all my full scale training in an Enstrom F28, which I love, but have never had the chance to fly a 47.

Comment

• [QUOTE=RichJ53;n183768]

Thank you! Practice practice practice… But I'm also Infantry too... so at any given second I'm subject to a 'hold my beer' moment LOL
              That's awesome with the heli's… I'm not trying to be funny with this question, but did they have gyro's? I've only really been following the technology since 2009...
              Who flew the Bell 47? ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

I would totally have to agree with that. The P-47 Razorback is also one bad motha...The P-51D might be the prom queen but the Corsair and the P-47 are her two protective big brothers you don't want to meet in a dark alley.
                I love this ! Couldn't agree more!
                Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• [QUOTE=sfcfury;n183804]
                  Originally posted by RichJ53 View Post

Thank you! Practice practice practice… But I'm also Infantry too... so at any given second I'm subject to a 'hold my beer' moment LOL
                  That's awesome with the heli's… I'm not trying to be funny with this question, but did they have gyro's? I've only really been following the technology since 2009...
                  Who flew the Bell 47? ;)
                  funny guy :) I am the retired commercial aircraft and Helicopter pilot

This was a great group of modelling fellows at the Northwest Helicopter championships.
                  Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                    Rich, that is just plain AWESOME! The helis are gorgeous, and I love the Bell 47! I’ve been eying up the Vario kit for a long time now, and someday I’ll get to it. The full size would be some fantastic fun as well. I’ve done all my full scale training in an Enstrom F28, which I love, but have never had the chance to fly a 47.
                    Hi
                    I flew the F28C also, nice machine in the autos for sure. Thanks for the sidetrack memories.... we should get back to the F4U we might be losing some of the airplane guys
                    Rich

Comment

• A little more weathering and added wires to radial Click image for larger version

Name:	20190310_132715.jpg
Views:	1502
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	183827Click image for larger version

Name:	20190310_155607.jpg
Views:	1519
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	183828Click image for larger version

Name:	20190310_132626.jpg
Views:	1505
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	183829Click image for larger version

Name:	20190310_132643.jpg
Views:	1548
Size:	193.7 KB
ID:	183830Click image for larger version

Name:	20190310_155625.jpg
Views:	1506
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	183831
                      Brandon Moon

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                        Of course they are ALL bad-asses Brad but work with me here, I was going with fun analogies! :P;)LOL
                        My bad:Loser: i'll do better next time:):)corsair:p38:spitfire:p40

Comment

• Brandon that is looking sooooo good!
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Here is a little progress.....

Comment

• The side panels are not done.... But getting there!!! :Cool:

Comment

• Ready for lights, knobs, and the like!!! :Whew:

Comment

• GET SUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Comment

• Great work guys all around! one project ahead of the corsair before I start.
                                    Glad I waited so I stand on all of your shoulders! :-)
                                    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Looks fantastic Hardway! :Cool:
                                      My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Yeah, plus 2 on that for Brandon and Hardway!:Cool::Cool:I'm in a holding pattern on mine 'til I get done with the Raptor. Love the analogy there e4dragongunner!

Comment

• The FMS F7F radial is pure genius!
                                          Just saying

Comment

Working...
                                          X