Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official FlightLine OV-10 Bronco Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version  Name:	8D53D958-12DF-496E-9B9E-7CFE58E10AE3.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	119.0 KB ID:	263492
    Originally posted by sam51401 View Post

I printed this last night and it is usable with some touch up but not sure why the upper portion printed great but had earlier layer separation. Using a Geeetech A10.
    Click image for larger version Name:	alq1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	75.2 KB ID:	263483Click image for larger version Name:	alq2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	55.2 KB ID:	263484
    I printed mine on a Creality Ender 3 with no issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
      I'm going to take a jab at it and say you may have had one of those "faulty" blue boxes. Loosing only aileron control is not likely due to a receiver issue, as you've already shown by using that RX successfully since the crash. I had a similar situation but mine was more of "glitch" in the aileron response in my T-33. After hooking up the ailerons directly to the RX, the ailerons worked perfectly. As long as there continues to be reports of crashes that point toward these blue boxes, I think I'm going to bypass the BB for all critical control surface functions - AIL, ELE. Rudder is debatable since you can always "bank and yank" a plane.
      That is what My testing has determined. However I have been told I do not know what I am talking about and technical is insiating I return the box or they will not help. I have been working with Electronics for 40+ years and repair My own Amatuer radio gear. I think I know more about this than they do. Also when I took classes for My Federal Aircraft Mechanis license co ering Airframe and Powerplants I built all of My own test equipment from kits. Trouble shooting and repairing what I built was a Fun time.

Comment

• I still have to build my F/L OV-10 as its still in the box it arrived in and I'm concerned about the blue box issues some folks are having. I am still in the building process on my DVIII which takes over the entire workbench. So the OV-10 is next on the list to get built.

Comment

• Can I ask is the blue box purely for distribution purpose or. Sequencing. As well. ???

Comment

• Its mainly light control and distribution. The rudders and sterring servo, outboard flaps, ailerons and landing gear all connect to the blue box. I would order a set of wing ribon connectors and use Y cables to connect the flight controls dirrectly to the rx. Same with the gear. You do need to run gear signal to the blue box to run the landing light.

Comment

• thanx

Comment

• Here is my solution for the wing pylons, I used a spare #4 pylon from my A-10 80mm, I added the Male weapons attachment to each wing from the MotionRC F-16 90 spare parts. I used single Sidewinders from these kits as well. For the dual racks I printed DirtyDee’s Aim-9 Sidewinder and his LAU-105 Dual Rail. Have Fun!

https://www.thingiverse.com/dirtydee/designs

Comment

• Very nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                    Balancing the plane may become a problem. The twin 4000mah batteries are already as far forward as they will go to balance this plane. If you use 2500's, they may not be heavy enough to achieve the desired balance. What will you do? If you have to add weight, then the whole point is likely lost.
                    I agree with you completely, if It won't balance right with the 2500's I'm not going to add weight , that would totally kill any benefit. But my 3600's aren't all the way forward, they are in there about 3/4" inch back (most of these planes have a nose-heavy starting CG). So we'll see. I will post a report!
                    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

I agree with you completely, if It won't balance right with the 2500's I'm not going to add weight , that would totally kill any benefit. But my 3600's aren't all the way forward, they are in there about 3/4" inch back (most of these planes have a nose-heavy starting CG). So we'll see. I will post a report!
                      I fly everyday down here in FL, and have flown my OV-10 a lot, just got three more flights this morning. I have three different pairs of lipo's I use, 2500, 3300 and 3700. I move them all the way forward with no extra weight added, and the Bronco flies great on all of them. And for those that didn't see some of the earlier post, the power is not overwhelming, but what I would call adequate. Changing out to APC 10x8 two bladed props helped a lot in speed and pull.
                      Ron - AMA 1025

Comment

• I feel the under wing CG is a little nose heavy compared to how it feels flying. I'm about 1/4" (not much really) behind the marks.

Comment

• Have you guys figured out the yaw problems (Tail waggle)?

Comment

• I love it when a plan comes together! Click image for larger version

Name:	B9A151F1-8CD2-4020-8F88-5ED7A1D4EDE4.jpeg
Views:	685
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	263545

Comment

• Originally posted by vduniec View Post
                              I love it when a plan comes together! Click image for larger version

Name:	B9A151F1-8CD2-4020-8F88-5ED7A1D4EDE4.jpeg
Views:	685
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	263545
                              Well that turned out really sweet! What material did you use to make the reflective panels? My guess is a strip of shiny tape?
                              Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Window tint?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobra1365 View Post
                                  Have you guys figured out the yaw problems (Tail waggle)?
                                  Yes, a gyro fixes it. A couple pages back, I posted up a picture of the the gyro I used and where it's mounted and a video showing flight with gyro ON and OFF. I flew it again this morning with my ESC and prop mod and also flew it with gyro ON/OFF - video to follow later today once I get it onto YouTube. The gyro, with the gains optimized, eliminates the yaw "waggle".

Comment

• I may have to consider adding one. If there's wind I have wag, no wind no wag.

Comment

• Here's the video of this mornings flight (WARNING - hat cam video) ...................................
                                      This flight began with the gyro OFF till about 2/3 to the end. The thing that's more evident in the video is the slight wing rock, which is associated with the tail wag. Once I flipped the gyro ON, the wing rock and the tail wag was gone for the last 1/3 or so of the video.
                                      The 5-blade Scimitar props made a significant improvement in pull for this plane. Loops could be done from level flight without falling out at the top. However, I did notice (audibly) that from about 9 o'clock to 12 o'clock in the loop, the motors couldn't keep to max revs. Those props really put some drag on the motors. Nevertheless, they pulled the plane through the loop very well (this is at 3500 feet elevation). For now, I'm satisfied with the mod but in time, I'll search for motors that can crank those props to full revs and keep them there throughout all maneuvers. In level flight, those props do give the plane some significantly more hustle. I much prefer the looks of the Scimitar props and they add that extra dimension to the sound. Upon landing, as much as I could poke a finger into the nacelle intakes, the motors did not seem hot.

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

Well that turned out really sweet! What material did you use to make the reflective panels? My guess is a strip of shiny tape?
                                        Evan wins the prize. It is window tinting material. I bought a sample a few years ago for around $5 and was using it for my HUD’s. I decided to see how it would look here and I’m quite happy with the results.

Click image for larger version  Name:	D65BD9D8-6330-46D4-9BDC-4172C7F33CDD.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	77.6 KB ID:	263598

Comment

• Woo hoo!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X